Why cant i have more than one pet out?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Vayhle, Dec 29, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Vayhle Guest

We have 5 *concentration* slots, why cant i have more than one pet out? even if it was only allowing different (like 1 UA, 1 GS) it would make us alot more viable a class to team with, and to solo with. I wasnt in beta, was under the impression that as a pet class that is what those concentration slots were for when i started on the necro path.

only thing is, what happens with the pet dance then, is it like a square dance if I have two pets out dancing with a MOB? do we have to ask them to "doce - e - do"? man i hate that bug the most "off to chase my pet again"...
  2. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

If we could have more than one pet out, they would all need to be weakened to keep us from becoming overpowered. We have those concentration slots to allow us to use our very nice persistant buffs, more than one pet out would become the norm rather than the exception and that whole class of spell would be rendered useless. The rat spells are as close as we'll ever come to multiple pets out at once.

A good comparison can be drawn with fighting mobs... which is the easier fight? A single ^^ or three no ^?

The necro class is a perfectly viable addition to any group, allowing us to have multiple weak pets out at once will not make us any moreso. I solo just fine, another pet won't make me any more proficient a solo'er.
  3. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

The SOE programmers can barely code well enough to make 1 pet work half-azzed. I'm sure 5 is out of the question.

In all honesty, I'm glad we only have one pet. This makes it such that pet buff and pet heal spells do not have to be targeted. I couldn't imagine trying to work with 5 pet command windows.
    Message Edited by Urguwno on 12-29-2004 02:49 PM