Why are you changing earned event items?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ghostouls, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

As of the 6/26 Update:

The Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus now requires characters to be level 35 or above to fly.

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/4152872057

This was offered as an event: https://www.everquest2.com/news/race-to-trakanon-event-server-launch-july-12-2016

Remember, on event servers, you can earn rewards based on your achievements that can be claimed on another regular live server!

AND if you log in during the first fourteen days (from now through Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 11:59PM PT) and get to Level 10, you will get a SUNBRITE CLOTHWORK PEGASUS!

So players came, attended the event, earned their Pegasus. When they received it, they could fly at level 10. And NOW you choose to change it??? How is that fair? That would be like you buying a brand new BMW, and a month later, the dealership tells you, you still have to pay for it, but its now gonna be a VW. Bait and switch.

Can players believe anything you people at DBG ever say? It's one things if you make a mistake to correct your errors. But this was not an error, it's an outright change. This is NOT what people went and completed. All the money you made on potions and stuff from people trying to grind out their levels in 10 days. This is nothing more than theft. I would say virtual theft, but you guys got actual money for this event.

How can players trust that when you have another event, they go there in good faith, and do the event, spend their money on game items and pots, that you won't change their rewards down the road. Just my opinion, but this is plain and simple BS! What is it now, you need to bottleneck the TLE server so level 10's can't fly around and get their quests done faster and level faster, so you can sell more pots and stuff on the Marketplace.... you guys are just sad.
    Crastinal, Juraiya, Tkia and 9 others like this.
  2. Fangrim Active Member

They can't be used on TLE but I totally agree with you.
  3. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I have to admit that the car analogy wouldn't bother me so much if you'd have used Porsche instead of BMW. At least Porsche and VW share a direct lineage. I'm just sayin'...
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Some people were complaining about it, I guess they got their way :(
  5. Surgeon Active Member

It was a reward for being there when RTT opened. Just being there.
    It did require membership, but I'm not sure anyone subbed for a month to receive the pegasus.
    However yeah it was a level 10 flying mount that would fly at level 10.
    That was its special property.
    Who complained? I'm not aware anyone did.
    Mizgamer62, Dude, Ratala and 3 others like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

People complained about not being able to fly on the Twelfth Anniversary Mount (originally you could, then it was nerfed quite some time ago) and pointed out that toons could still fly at 10 on the Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus. Oops...
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62, Xianthia and 3 others like this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

So instead of setting the anniversary mount back to 10, or leaving both mounts alone and reminding folks they're different rewards with different properties, they jacked the level on the EARNED event mount.

Yep, sounds like what I've come to expect from The Team, and they did not fail to deliver.
    Juraiya, Tkia, Mizgamer62 and 6 others like this.
  8. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

They should have left them alone and let people fly on the special mounts.
    chattie, Tkia, Mizgamer62 and 7 others like this.
  9. Fangrim Active Member

You had to get level 10 on RTT to get it, not difficult but not for just 'being there'
  10. semisus Does not play this game

i fail to see anything game breaking about people being to fly around at lvl 10 with this mount they earned , i dont have it myself but it should be put back for people who do
    Juraiya, chattie, Tkia and 4 others like this.
  11. Dead Alt Account Well-Known Member

It's amazing that they waste time to change things like this when so many other aspects of the game need fixing.
    Tkia, GrunEQ, Fangrim and 5 others like this.
  12. Surgeon Active Member

I stand corrected, my age is showing :)
    Fangrim, Mizgamer62 and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I guess all those lvl 10s who were flying can now spend time and money to become lvl 35 and fly again...
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Giving things to people and then taking it away arbitrarily with no good reason, just because, is bad practice. It only creates ill will.
    Crastinal, Ghostouls, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  15. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

There is no reason any longer to participate in any events, that gives rewards in this game. I am being honest here. They post an event, list the rewards, people go do the event and spend time and money completing the event, (you know to get to level 10 on trak people bought potions and such). You complete the event as stated, and as promised they give you your reward.

Then later on, they come and so "oh no, you can't have that, we need to modify that". It doesn't matter that is was promised to you as a reward , TWO years ago ( https://www.everquest2.com/news/race-to-trakanon-event-server-launch-july-12-2016 ), they are just gonna take it and do what ever they want with it. It doesn't matter if you are now way past 10, and can ride any mount, that is not the point.

The point is, They advertised an Event. They advertised the rewards. People Completed the Event. People got the reward. Now they modified it from it's original form. It was not done because of mechanics, it worked fine all this time. Ask then their ulterior motive...

What is to stop them from modifying anything else. How about all you folks who spent tons of real $$$$ upgrading your ascension spells. How about if they now reduce all the stats and such on them and put in 3 new tiers to buy? You already bought it, paid for it, and are using it... why should they stop modifying things? You can't believe anything they tell you or promise you now.
    Crastinal, Juraiya, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  16. Barbarosa_Rex Member

funny thing, the sunbrite still shows level 10 in all examine descriptions in both mount window and the claims window. And, they disabled ability to use a different flying mount as appearance so now have couple new toons have been working on that have to rush to 85 so don't have to look at that ugly rainbow patchwork -- Thx :rolleyes:
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Ive been trying to reason out why they they would make an annoying change like this.

If it is a mechanical issue, they usually explain why they needed to do it.

However, if it's because of some current or upcoming money making scheme, the usually just ignore the appeals for explanation remain silent.
    Rhodris likes this.
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

lol ... just saw your signature. "Never play leap frog with a unicorn!" Ouch!
  19. Lisiana Member

As a paid player for many years this is really disappointing to me. It makes me want to never participate when they put out the call to help test things. I don’t understand the justification for taking away a reward earned so long ago. My toons never stay 10 for long but I enjoyed that benefit because with so many toons I enjoy taking my time on alts.
    Juraiya and Meneltel like this.
  20. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This is the part that really bugs me. It's not too hard to get from 10 to 35, but being stuck with that appearance is a whole 'nother matter. This had been working PROPERLY before.

In the process of making it more restrictive, they broke the appearance function. Just like the 12th anniversary mounts, which I will not use for exactly that reason. All because apparently some dev didn't want low level characters to be able to fly around in HIS zones.

Daybreak, you really put a single dev's preferences over customer satisfaction and keeping your promises? How exactly is this considered good customer service?
    GrunEQ, Rhodris, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.