why are necros only allowed to have one pet out

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Merander, Jul 30, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Merander Guest

it would be a whole lot better if the necro had multiple pets out at once. My Mastermind in COV has a way better necro feel then then my necro in EQ2.
  2. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

[p]I imagine, in the pet's current form, if I could have the tank, scout and mage pet all out at once, all you would see on the server is summoner's running around with their happy selves. [/p][p]Currently, you can have a regular pet out and a charmed pet.[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Because the class was only designed with having one pet out at a time? Summoners would be ridiculously overpowered if we could have more than one pet.
  4. ARCHIVED-Diggy D Guest

lets see 1-main pet 3-Blighted horde 1- awaken grave- 10- on a good undead tide =P 3- fun pets 18 pets ^.^
  5. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

[p]You forgot 2 Bacon, 1 charmed pet, and 1 deity pet for a grand total of 20 pets.[/p][p]That being said, I'd still love to have something along the way necros worked in diablo 2. I loved being able to zerg an enemy with a legion of skellies and ressurected enemies. Now that was true necroism... what with the flinging of bones and the use of your own blood to make a golem.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Doesnt some gods have swarm pets too? ;) For some more petage. Like the 4 minions of evil from innoruuk. 23 pets. Thats a damn oneman raid. ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-littleman17 Guest

Can you imagine what Bertox, the father of all things death and decay is going to give us? I bet it will be even more undead feckers to swarm our enmies with! *evil laugh*
  8. ARCHIVED-Ravaan Guest

[p]i would love to see a mutiple pet class ala the mastermind in CoX.[/p][p]multiple weaker pets.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Yannos@Unrest wrote:
    I would love for them to make charm work on whole encounters. ;) Imagine running around with 4 charmed mobs. weehaaa!
  10. ARCHIVED-Tremelle Guest

My necro is only 33, but if what she can do now is any indication of what is to come we are already powerful enough. If I could have my fighter, assassin and warlock out at the same time, we would be practically unstop able.
  11. ARCHIVED-Miyana95 Guest

You guys forgot Servile Soul! 1 more pet...
  12. ARCHIVED-Wargod1968 Guest

[p]EQ2 - the game is balanced around the player fighting smaller numbers of weak enemies or one or two tougher enemies.[/p][p]CoV - the game is balanced around a single player taking on large numbers of enemies at a single time (with the exception of AVs, and even then, in the LRSF or STF you can take on multiple Signature Heroes at the same time with a good team. Imagine fighting 3 or 4 of the tougher raid mobs in EQ2 at the same time). Remember, in CoV, a Mastermind (and I have three, a Robot/Forcefield, Mercenaries/Traps, and Necro/Dark) can pretty much wipe whole spawns that would leave any other MMO class with their jaw dropping open. But then again, its a superhero game, and even my Katana/Dark Armor scrapper can handle multiple spawns of Banished Pantheon or Freakshow. If you gave Necros more than one permanant pet out at one time, you would have to retool them to be more like the Bonedancer from Dark Age of Camelot, who commanded one moderately-tough pet (the Bone Commander, who is not as tough as a Rotting Thrall), with several much weaker pets to support it. [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-UnderToad Guest

I often have my mage pet, a charmed pet and my Thule bone golem up at the same time, then you have your blighted horde, awaken grave, undead tide and the silly flying dagger wotsit too. Now if we could just implode them all at once...