Why are level 117 crafted items for level 111?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Tangris, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Tangris Well-Known Member

Leveling up my JC'r and am level 117. I can still only craft 111 items that are as good or worse than quest/starter gear, what is the incentive of leveling up any non spell making skill?
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Once you get through the TS sig line, you can then hunt for the REAL rares, from which we can presumably make junk that might possibly be better. Except I've seen people saying here in the forums that the MC stuff is also junk.
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  3. Tangris Well-Known Member

At least make the 115-120 stuff level 115+ or so so that are minor upgrades, I mean it is kinda stupid.
    Lateana and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

The handcrafted gear is a complete waste of time to craft. It is the same or worse than the free gear and No Value.
    The mastercrafted gear is worse than quested rewards.
    The mastecrafted fabled gear which require 2 shadowed rares, none of which have been discoed on any server yet (the shadowed commons, deceptively, have a rare tag on them), is only on par with the solo quested rewards.

Concerns about all these things were brought up during beta, but they were not acknowleged by the itemization dev. The ONLY change we've seen between them on beta and live is the removal of the No Value tag. They are still pointless to wear, but now we can crush them?

So anybody hoping crafted gear would help them break into heroics is completely out of luck.
    Lateana, Breanna, Fauna and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tangris Well-Known Member

Damn....
    Lateana likes this.
  6. doit Member

Im assuming once they allow refined rares to buff stats plus experimentation, then the empyreal armor will make sense..
    But as you stated, its useless currently and by the time they fix it people may not need even fabled crafted armor anymore haha
    Lateana likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Shadowed rares could not be refined at all on beta. And no shadowed rares have been discoed yet.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Not true (maybe a census bug) but my sage Lugorey (no harvesting gear at all and only 25 points in shadowed prospecting, not that it matters because it uses mining heh) discovered the "Shadowed Humming Sapphire Gem" on Thurgadin. It was my one and only rare in my first run across my chars which yielded 63 common shadowed mats that have absolutely no use in any recipe whatsoever (except pelts for some mount stuff)
    doit likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Scout experts need to shadowed Humming Sapphire Gems, Tanks need 2 shadowed rare metal.. priest and mages 2 of the shadowed rare roots. Per expert.
    Which is considered the MINIMUM quality spells are supposed to be for challenging heroic and raid content.

And the 'mastercrafted fabled' gear made with shadowed recipes is just barely better than solo quested gear.

The scarcity of the shadows rares is completely out of line with what the quality of the items that can be crafted with them.
    Tangris and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I'm sorry, but crafting is broken from the bottom up and the top down. This is glaringly obvious with how the Beta went, and it went terrible, and the way things have gone since launch. It's a trending thing as well. It started with the PoM TS sig line.
    Lateana and Tangris like this.
  11. Arcos Active Member

I have the staff but seriously? A few minutes shadow harvesting every two hours. That's if there are no other harvesters already busy and also if I can find the areas where they're spawning. Also what happened to the extra stats the staff was supposed to have. No sign of the +10 shadow harvesting or the crafting buff.
    Lateana, Argosunited and Tangris like this.
  12. Arcos Active Member

Another question about shadow harvesting. Have harvested 25 shadow harvests and my shadow skill has not budged an iota - still on 25/600. How difficult is it supposed to be to level up?
    Lateana likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

It was never active on beta to be tested and zero information about it was release during beta. I assume the lack of skill-ups is a bug, but we really don't know.
    Lateana and Breanna like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I got a recipe book yesterday (where? dang, I don't remember, it was 2AM), "Veilwalker's Mounting Prospects". It allows you to craft several pieces of tack that add 1 point of shadow harvesting each.This leads me to think that additional shadow skill will come via gear, not innate skill, but who knows?

If you haven't leveled your harvesting horse far enough to equip breeching, shoes, etc, you could swap these out to your adventure mount at least to start while harvesting, then swap back in your usual adventuring tack when you are done. (Yes, a giant PITA).
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

That recipe book was a reward for the TS sig line.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Sorry, there is no incentive. Maybe next time.
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Someone linked the staff in chat today. I literally stopped doing the sig line right in the middle of the Mach II casting. I'm going to go back and do the old sig lines on all my alts instead. Even the PoP one at least up til the 3rd for the harvesting daily. Zero reason to finish this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Yep. I stopped on my second as soon as she hit 120.
    The old sig lines barely move xp, I tried with CD.
    Zynt likes this.
  19. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I mean I'll just do those instead of doing the new line. For the rewards. The harvesting daily actually gave decent exp. I'll do the new line until they hit 120 but that's it. I've been doing writs to 111 since it's double status, then the prelude, then whatever else is needed to ding 120. I'll use potions and my vitality/bonus pots to get it done as quickly as possible.

There was so so much they could have done this xpac with the Luclin lore from EQ1. Luclin was an expansion that actually had crafting mods on items.
    Argosunited likes this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Also why are Celestial Foundations (lvl 101-110) dropping in BoL? Is this intended?
    Tangris likes this.