Why am I getting my [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] handed to me soloing?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Sevman, Oct 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Casters mobs are [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] .... I have been owned many time by shaman type of named mobs in PoF. NPC DOTs alike ours is really brutal and fast to cast as well.
    Here how I handle casting mobs:
    Specters type - pull with devastation and use AI of monster that requied from mob chase fleating target (you). So devastation and retreat for 4 tics then stop and root target. Mob will not cast if it forced chase you thats how AI coded. Dont get to close or mob will cast anything. Once root in place - stay outside of casting range and come to max casting distance only then you ready to attack. Cast attack spell and retreat immideatly. AI monster have lag period then will start cast not at same time as you enter in casting range but with little delay - usually long enouth for you to get out unharmed. Then you need reroot - use Vulian Interferance-Intrusion line from max distance then come to rooting distance refresh it and back off. Do not attack untill you VI line get refreshed and ready to cast. Most of the time killing +++ casters solo is just question of patience except for shamans avoid this type of mobs like plague.
    Shamans type of mob - still doable but bear in mind you oughta kill em faster then they kill you, Rare case of solo practice then you want stack on em as many dots as you can - it give you good chance to interupt mob. Normally you can survive 1 dots, 2 dots if your gear is good, 3 dots will kill you regardless of gear
  2. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Yea, that strat works. Takes practice and alot of patience.
  3. ARCHIVED-Darkcreator Guest

Like I said guys, my tactics are sound. I do know what I'm doing. Yet these mobs still win far more often than I do.
    Take a step back and look at what some of you are saying. It is a "solo" mob, meaning it is designed to be taken by a single person. If my nukes are so slow casting that I die from an NPC's nukes then something is wrong. It often gets off two spells in the span it takes me to cast one.
    Just so you guys know, a lower level guildmate (lvl 47 mystic) walked up to and tanked these very same mobs to death without casting a single heal and without falling below 75% health.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

If your mystic buddy did that then he had high resists. You are getting burned down by his spells so thats the only reason why he didnt have to heal.
    Sony isnt gonna change solo mobs just because you cant solo it. I can solo it. Alot of others can solo it. I dont know what to tell you. I could tank a 60 ^ caster mob straight to the ground solo easy. Vulian, Deter, Grevious Blast, all stop this mob from attacking. If you cant kill him after that with nukes I dont know what to tell you. I bet you are talking about the Ghouls in Sinking sands. Those are tough and have been since Beta. Dont pigeon-hole every caster solo mob based on one that you have encountered that was hard. Got forbid that something be hard in this game without someone whining about it being to hard. If you cant solo this mob stay away from it. Why is this hard? Caster mobs are tougher then melee mobs so you know what? I stay away from caster mobs.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dreadwolf Guest

Pre dof I killed a scion in SH at level 47 took a while maybe 4-5 min (just beating it down hp wise) but just did it for stupid quest I never did.
    At level 52 I tried another - after update/dof/revamp - could not take it past 80% health before I died. Tried 4 different tactics just playing round. Ok to me a level 52 warlock should be able to kill a level 26 epic..maybe not fast..maybe take a long while 5-15 minutes whatever..but the mobs shouldnt be able to kill me in 3 hits. Which it did each time. This seems odd and frustrating since all I wanted to do was finish a dumb grey quest. So how the hell does a group people kill those mobs when they are not 26 levels higher ? and it cons green ?
    And I keep reading threads about how people think changes made mobs too easy ? Seems like dof content -stuff which cons white^ - is easier than old world content that is 10 levels below and grey^^. I dont seem to understand the balance here.
    Message Edited by Dreadwolf on 10-21-2005 01:24 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-Kalel22 Guest

Sounds like you tryed to tank him straight up. If you try that on a high HP mob and dont keep him at range you will die. The only reason you did it last time is because you had parry. If you can root him I dont see why it would be any different then pre DoF.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Ya some casters you can simply tank - not many honestly but some yes
    Classical example is Dust Tornado - 1 arrow up casting mob - ranged attack damaging but melee is not, hitpoints regardless of 1 arrow up is laughtable - basically pulling it with DI + AoE then HO VI + Nul Dist + Thwart will take this mob down to 10-20% HP left at this point mob stop attack your and will try heal self. Dark Nebula and any nukes usually enouth to finish it off even pointblank one like IceFlame
  8. ARCHIVED-Dreadwolf Guest

Well not much range available in dungeons. "Can't see target" pops up alot. Makes warlock usless in dungeons against anything hard.
  9. ARCHIVED-drajev Guest

An answer to pharacyde from a 58 Runnyeye wizard to the fact that heroic mobs can't be soloed. I don't really think you've tried hard enough, but mate after a bit of practice EVERYTHING, and i mean everything non caster is soloable. Just go in the silent city and take your time to learn the strategies to solo, i passed my last 5 levels like this or duoing with another wizard and we were wiping the heroic mobs sometimes in less than 25 secs, i mean thats around 25 000 HPs. Karmut the Conqueror has been soloed like 30+ times by me now (he's lvl 56^^^) and he's immune to cold, which means no ice comet, nor ring of ice, all i had was my Heat nukes and my secondary root Truss. Fight takes a bit longer than the normal consuls of war, but in the end still got the chest, and already 3 times master chest from him - always the same fabled Coif of the Shadow Stalker. So all i wanna say is don't panic, take it calm for a start, learn the different mobs, the best strategies to kill them and you'll see how easy it is. I don't really know the warlock well after revamp but seems u guys still can unload some impressive damage, and the advantage of soloing is you don't have to worry about the agro, all u have to do is root, snare, slow down if possible and blast away. Even when i have adds i can save my butt with the 1.5s cast 52 lvl ancient spell numbing cold - 105% slow+snare, then go away and nuke to death. I have 2 warlocks in guild, 58 and 60 lvls and i know they're uber in raids. AOE impresses me a lot and i try to play second hand with my fiery inferno and icy wind in grp fights, and with 2 wizards and 2 warlocks in raid it's dps heaven. After that big boss is my area, i manage to outdamage everyone except occasionally rangers, but thats why wizards solo so easily.
    I'm disappointed many warlocks are quitting the game or rerolling necros or conjurers who are the flavour of the combat revamp cause i love the warlock and if real life allowed me to, i'd have made one. I acknowledge many people are frustrated you took the nerf bat, or so they say, and we, wizards, got a major boost in dps, but it won't be forever, remember how underpowered we were before the update. Just wait the next combat change.

Velizar, 58 Runnyeye wizard of Redemption
  10. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

I never said it was impossible. I said you are not ment to be soloing heroic mobs. I solo'd enough heroics to konw it is possible.

But look at teh list of "IF's" to be able to do it.

IF you get an add you are almost doomed
    IF you get one resist it's praticaly over.
    IF it's a caster you can't do it
    IF ...

I have done it. But it is very stressing. You ave to watch our for adds, take your time, replace the mob if there is a wanderer. And so on and so on. It's only worth it for loot. And most of the loot mobs are casters anyway. So back to the IF list. It's not worth it. But as a duo ... hell yeah you can do alot fo those.

Oh for the normal heroics, these are alot easier then named, but why kill those ? It takes forever to kill one for one chest. I am sure in the same amount of time, you can get several chests from solo mobs.

My point was clear. Don't blame the class, it can't do something, if it's not supposed to be able to do it. If you want to do that you need some skill as a player. Some poeple just don't have it.

Leey
    60 Warlock
    Runnyeye
  11. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Actually you still can afford having add ... IF mob not a caster and IF you solo not casting mob :)
    Frankly the only problem add cause it shortage of mana. Personally I do deal first with add then go back to my named heroic mob
  12. ARCHIVED-drajev Guest

Nice to see you leey, what a surprise to post from a guildie:)) Remember we raid silent city tomorrow:pp
    On some of your points i do agree, though i don't mind dying a few and more than just a few times to improve my skills and become a better player. So as things stay now i get amazed to see my ring of ice adept III get resisted by blue heroic mobs, which happens every now and then, and thank god not very often. Then i just stun and cast my numbing cold then blast away with all the nukes i have. I've become so used to the adds u talk about that once i managed to kill 2 consuls of war and 3 trash adds in the same fight, finished with 16 health points from the mana feed, and a few magical hits from the trash mobs, and completely oom. This takes a lot of practice and patience but hell, thats what the game is for isn't it? In fact full grps have become some boring to me as far as grinding xp is concerned i lack challenge and excitement, thats why i started forging my solo skills which i believe make me now one of the best wizards in the game. Full grps for poets palace or scornfeather roost rock on the other hand. These zones aren't meant to be soloed nor duod anyway. Today i was having fun drawing around me many trash mobs which i killed only with AEs and thought how cool your class is. Warlocks kick [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].
    Cya tomorrow and nuke away:))
    Velizar, now 59 wizard of redemption after another long night of xp grinding.
    Runnyeye
  13. ARCHIVED-Dreadwolf Guest

Just an observation.
    Seems like a lot of wizzies posting in a warlock thread.

So my question would be, since I have a 52 warlock and am disenfranchised..do you wizzies think maybe I may find more fun in starting a wizard?

Also - seems people are mostly talking about mobs in DoF when refering to the combat revamp and its effects. I see the disparity with old world mobs rather DoF mobs. I have minimal problems soloing in the expansion yet old world heroic greys kick my butt.

Tarye Tanghin - Unrest server
  14. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

old world greys? My warlock is lvl 31 and I can take blue^^^(non-casters) if I want to. What greys are you referring to? I get better solo xp taking on solo mobs though.....if i find a good spot with solo group of 5's white->yellow I just eat through them like the good candy on halloween :smileyvery-happy:
  15. ARCHIVED-drajev Guest

An answer to dreadwolf.
    In fact these last few days apart camping dozer for the fabled cuffs in SC as i have pretty much nothing else to do apart raiding and harvesting and cleaning quests as lvl 60, i could use a lot my best AOE spell - fiery inferno ad3, which does roughly 750-1350 dmg at 369 int self buffed on unlimited number of targets around, i feel so [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] good i regret not having a warlock. Unfortunately i dont have time for another toon because of busy enough RL and i prefer 1 uber wizard than 2 average sorcerers. So to give you an answer - doing heavy one-target reason is fun and makes getting out of stealing agro situations easier to handle for your tank, assuming you have one, but AOE damage is rockn'roll. You know mate, you always