Why after 5 + years is the Ranger comat animations STILL buggy? Dev please answer..

Discussion in 'General Scout Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-wakuzel, Jun 4, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-wakuzel Guest

I'm a new player and REALLY trying to make a go of EQ2 but it's almost as if the devs just don't care about how some of the animations look like. My ranger shoots enemys with his shield or sword /sigh. I have petitioned/bugged this twice with no response. I have talked to many other players who say the ranger combat animations have always been buggy and lame. My question is why?
    The devs have had so many years to fix this yet they don't and will not even respond that it's an issue. It's things like this that really turn me off to EQ2, just no customer support. I mean at least answer the question. As it is now I have to have a Ranger that shoots arrows with shields and swords or, as it often happens, NO ANIMATION goes off and the monster is just on me....over 5 years devs, what the hell? Tried showing my friend EQ2 and he said he would never play a game with such lame combat animations. I tried telling him, at least I think, it's just the ranger but no dice, lost customer.
    Many Thanks
    P.S. My rig also runs fine on "balanced" settings although I'm shocked that I can play AoC on much higher settings, including their shader 3.0. But I'm not going to rant on that since it's fine on balanced, graphics are nice but not a game breaker....5 years to correct a silly combat animation but still not fixed very well may be.
  2. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Don't feel bad, on my SK and I use my bow, I'm stuck using it (bow) as my 2 hander through the fight.
  3. ARCHIVED-wakuzel Guest

Yeah I know so why do they not fix it or at least let us know that it exists and the reason why they want their game to have these horrid animations? Maybe it's the coders, no idea, but I find it insane that they would still have these kind of issues after so many years.
  4. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

Not sure. Prolly say it's the lag or what not.
    I play on balanced but I don't find it game breaking as broken quests or mobs that make one crash.
  5. ARCHIVED-wakuzel Guest

Yeah it's not the lag and it's not game breaking except that I feel like if this is how they run their own game it just shows, to me as a new player, a lack of respect for their own design. It's like if I just did not care about my work...kinda of a whatever attitude. It's this sense that makes me think why even bother playing a game where the devs simply don't care about the quality of their own work.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Play in first person, and they work great.
  7. ARCHIVED-wakuzel Guest

Nahhh I'm just going to cancel my account unless they can give me a valid reason on why this has never been fixed, it still amazes me. I was just going to play until DCUO is out so really no big deal to me. Man I hope the coders on EQ2 stay FAR away from DCUO.
  8. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

You would cancel your account over an animation?
  9. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

akuzel wrote:
    Wakuzel, forgive me but graphics are the last thing that should be on the minds of the Devs there are more things that effect our gameplay then graphics. I suggest you check out the class forums here and see what we Rangers have been living with for quite a few years.
    Fellow Rangers please be nice to the newbie no flames ok?
  10. ARCHIVED-wakuzel Guest

Yes I would cancel my account over it because they have had 5 + years to fix it and have done nothing. I can understand the issue with balancing out powers, classes, etc. but this is so bad I feel embarresed for them...I mean how can you have such bad animations? I mean do they think it's hillarious to shoot monsters with shields? I guess they just don't care and that's a shame.
  11. ARCHIVED-MurFalad Guest

Its not new to have long standing bugs like this in the code, its probably some corner case that requires either a major rewrite or a CPU intensive patch to fix, it happens every so often for me too on my guardian and is annoying, I'd like to see an acknowledgement though somewhere that the bug is found and known about, the silence makes me think that the devs are unaware.
    There are other animation bugs around, a Froglok provisioner has his stirring hand twisted 180 degrees, a Froglok tailor has a warped left foot etc.
    I really would like to see eye sores like this cleaned up myself and the way I see it GU56 was massive, maybe since all but the top 5% hardcore will have plenty to do perhaps we can have a patch that purely concentrates on fixing more of these long standing bugs and performance enhancements.
    While they do not effect gameplay the RP elements to the game are important as a couple of friends who have recently joined due chiefly to them attest.
  12. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I've noticed it a few times and really doesn't bother me. I'm sure its happened more than I notice as well. Of course I'm doing more involved content too, last thing on my mind is animations and even some graphics in general. If you ever looked at the new sublime bow, some other newer bows look like this too, it has big blades on it. It actually looks cool when it bugs out and i'm bashing enemies with my bow that's basically a giant bladed knuckle duster heh.