Whur tha heck is BRASSE?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Brasse, Jun 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Brasse Guest

Aye, aye, stop sendin' me notes an' callin' hospitals lookin' fer me.
    Oi bin doin' comics aboot Age o' Conan, Oi admit it. Oi fink thar be six or seven inna row now, wifoot comin' up fer air. Thar are just SO MANY fings ta poke fun at.
    Oi promise, really Oi do, ta draw an EQII comic tomorra. Bedder yet, it will make fun o' Grimwell. He is secha easy target...
    ;-)#
    Brasse
  2. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Some of those are great :)

I really cant get into AoC .. the game is more like an early beta .. and the UI is the worst thing I have seen in a LONG time.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Hehe.. every new game is like this. Yet, people can't wait more than a week before jumping ship and even better, posting "I'm never coming back and I'm taking all 44,432 guild members with me!".

Only to find they are in the latest beta launch. If more people were as seasoned as myself and others who were around as early as the first year of UO.. when we went through rollbacks as long as two weeks, server crashes every 10 minutes and numerous other "new game aches and pains" they wouldn't be so quick to hit the Cancel Subscription button. In fact, they'd probably hold off a while and learn the age old lesson... Never buy version 1.0 of anything.. ;)
  4. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Spyderbite@Venekor wrote:
    Was in UO on like day 4 of release :) Played for about 4 months then left for a few months .. returned and played for years.

I know releases are always crap .. but OMG the amount of "broken" that AoC has is amazing yet people have already hit the cap.. almost every class has abilities that do not work. Some things actually get worse when they upgrade. I can deal with that stuff but I would expect the UI to be better than what it is. You have this amazingly beautiful game framed with this hideous UI that lacks any "easy" customization. Interacting with the UI and moving around are like playing in mud .. which is really bad for a PvP game.

I will say .. it brings back A LOT of memories from UO .. I never realized how much I missed PvP till I went in AoC. Give it about 4 months and it might be a really great PvP game (pve will still suck, but that can be overlooked for this game). It is funny because my plan was to wait 4-5 months before playing AoC .. however I got bored and wanted to try it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Jesdyr@Unrest wrote:
    PvP won't survive in AoC any more than it did in UO. They are promoting a FFA system. And, eventually, the PvE crowd will scream loud enough that it will be toned down or the PvP community will be completely segregated from everyone else.

Anyways, good job Brasse for calling out all the people who posted their "Farewell EQ2!" messages.. I'm sure they're enjoying their Moose Hats and staring at the "Offline" button on the launcher for AoC mumbling "Open, Open, Open" like the gal from the Target ads. XD
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

To the person that said all MMOs are still in BETA at launch, Other then Vanguard I have not seen a game as broken as AoC and in VG at least the spells worked. In fact most of the resonantly released MMOs have had nearly flawless launches with only minor issues that needed to be worked out. Heck they can't even get stances to cancel correctly so you end up with like 6 of the same stance stacked up on screen, even though only one is actually providing a benefit. Also not being able to even MOVE about 1/2 the UI including the health bars, also is a major issue. As far as PvP goes other then the Mini-games and apparently a specified PvP Zone, the PvP is segregated there are the FFA PvP servers and then the PvE servers, the interesting thing is that the only designated RP server is a PvP server.

Another gripe is the lack of Bag space, in a Conan game you should not be trying to AVOID fights but I find myself doing just that, because i got a full bag and don't want to play the "Which is more valuable" guessing game. Granted the separate "Quest" and "resource" sheets are nice, except some quest items don't go into the quest bag, and you still don't have room for anything.

Also on the NPC dialog thing, not only can a NPC kill you because your stuck in the dialog, but if your like me and actually don't mind taking the death to hear what the NPC has to say, to bad because if you die the dialog ends and if you pass the point of getting the quest/turning it it(usually step 2 or so) the NPC will not give you the option of seeing it again, and as it does not go into chat you can't even power through it and read it latter.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kiara- Guest

I can't believe that AoC made you go beardless! What are they thinking?

The comics are fantastic :) As always.