Who is looking forward to / will play on the Time Lock Expansion Servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Braxxton, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Sharach New Member

I re-subbed to All Access just for the TLE PvP server. So excited.
  2. Hyiero Active Member

Looking forward to it very much, I also play on the EQ TLP servers and have been enjoying myself. Even though neither of these are like they were back in classic, there is nothing else right now worth playing and these create a somewhat nostalgic feel.

That being said I wish they would reconsider leaving in the channeler and beastlord class from the start.
  3. Marschstiefel Active Member

All the real raiders on the blue servers with the best progression that been working hard for their gear,and have the best gear are going to drop everything to go sit in dlw in mastercrafted gear to search for 2 people to pvp. I can see the downfall of all the PVE servers......inc the big tidal wave of destruction !!
  4. Marschstiefel Active Member

Yes Triv you tell him......we will have plenty of 5 players to kill in pvp in these old zones....shame on this nay sayer !
  5. Marschstiefel Active Member

I am sure new players will be leveling in peace =P
  6. G.Black Active Member

The new players are old players. Do you expect that these days schoolboys gonna play EQII? :)
  7. Trivursar Active Member

Are you as naive as you seem to present yourself? Or do you simply pass it off as ignorance because you seem to have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about. Other than the incessant ramblings that you seem to have riddled through this thread about the PvP server inevitably flopping, you haven't really said much, if anything, at all. Its okay though, ill write it off as you being completely clueless.
  8. EQ_Jack Active Member

I won't be doing the time locked servers either. Not interested in another run through the game when I've done it a dozen times already. I'd rather see new content and new classes. Even new 1-100 content...
  9. Evan Wheaton New Member

I will be back with the new pvp server for sure. this is the best thing i've seen from this company in over 5 years, and omg I can't wait to have the old EQ2 pvp back that I still reminisce about all the time.
    Trivursar likes this.
  10. Bernouli Member

I, for one, am super excited. I have been secretly wishing upon a star for this to happen for 3 years and guess what... DREAMS DO COME TRUE! I've been on ragefire just because i am addicted to these types of servers even if its not EQ2...but when this thing launches, goodbye ragefire. Hello eq2. Will it be like it was in '04? no of course not, but then neither is ragefire / lockjaw on eq1. some things wont be the same, some will. But i know what will be the same and that is how much fun it will be. so thank you VERY much DBG for making this happen. This is like Christmas, my birthday, easter, and halloween all rolled into one.
    Rhodris and Trivursar like this.
  11. Marschstiefel Active Member

Do you think this server is going to be just like 2006 ?
  12. Trivursar Active Member

No, I KNOW it won't be like 2006. half the coding and game style back then is gone. Why is that so hard to convey to people crying about IoR and soulshards and all that. It isn't supposed to be like 2006, it is simply supposed to be a place where players new and old can enjoy content that wasn't destroyed by the irritable whining of hundreds of players complaining that the game was too hard because they couldn't throw their keyboards against the wall and win. They are TIMELOCK servers, not nostalgia servers, not throwback servers, not "OMG THE IOR ISN'T THERE THE SERVERS ARE GOING TO BE TOTAL CRAP" servers.
    Rhodris likes this.
  13. Magoo New Member

It seems to be just as hard to convey to you that some people have no interest in a TLP that can't start at the actual beginning, or a semblance of it. I'm fairly certain we all understand that it can't be done, therefore we're not interested in what they are going to do.

Or, at least, I'm certainly not.
  14. Trivursar Active Member

Then don't play on said servers/stop complaining on all the threads about it? If you know it can't be done, then stop beating the horse and bury it, its already dead.

Seems like an easy fix, really.
  15. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Dead? The thing is practically steak horse tartare at this point. :eek: :D

On topic, I won't join the PvE TLE server until they add guild halls (which means that if they never choose to do so, I won't be join the server). Additionally, I won't join the PvP TLE server at all, since I have better things to do with my time than be target practice for someone else. (I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with folks that do enjoy PvP - I enjoyed PvP when I was a lot younger - but it is no longer something that holds my interest. Nevertheless, I wish those that do join that server the best of luck.)
    Trivursar likes this.
  16. OldTimer69 New Member

i am absolutely excited. i played on Nagafen from launch. i transffered off the day they allowed tranfers because battlegrounds was the last nail in the coffin of Nagafen i watched as the devs slowly killed the server. i renewed my subscription after being gone for 2 years in anticipation of this new pvp server. i am looking forward to beta.

i look forward to finding a decent raid guild as well.
  17. Moldylocks Member

No one does, hun. There is a respectably long list of what the TLE will not include, and a checklist of expansions so people will have an idea of what will be unlocked as we go.

I am looking forward to it, and re-subbed just for the TLE. Mostly, it's so I can be on a server where everyone is starting from scratch again, without all the bloat in items and abilities that a decade+ has given the game. The economy will be vibrant again, and crafting will have significance in the lower tiers. The cities will be active, as people won't be squirreled away in their GH's, and I hope that brings out more RP and interactions amongst the population. Also..the SLR creeps won't be there :)
  18. Moldylocks Member

..Oh, and there won't be any mercs. Now, while I have used mercs and generally like them on the normal servers, not having them on the TLE will mean people will have greater dependence on people around them.

I also think that classes which became irrelevant earlier in the game will be much more useful on a new server like this. For instance, Illy's and Coercers. I think CC and mana regen will be a valuable asset to have, rather than a nice to have/fluff in the leveling process. As someone who absolutely loves those classes, this excites me.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Magoo New Member

I'm not and I haven't been.

I only replied because it always amazes me when someone feels that it's necessary to attack or argue with someone else expressing their displeasure with a game feature. There are a lot of reasons to not like Daybreak focusing on this, especially since you can't go back to 2004.

If you don't like those posts don't read them. Seems like and easy fix, really.
  20. OldTimer69 New Member

the thread asks "who is looking forward to / playing on the time locked servers". not who is butt hurt over the new servers.
    Trivursar likes this.