Which zones to catch up?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Pejhaar, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Pejhaar New Member

Returning player here, my main is working through the PoM timeline, so no issues there. I have 9 other level 90-95 toons that I can't obviously start in PoM. Which zone/questline is the best one to work through? I initially thought KA so I could eventually get their 2.0s but that also requires level 100 I think.

Thanks!
  2. Kheldorm Active Member

What are you missing?
    The best bang for the buck xp wise for my 95's was to go and do the Tranquil Sea timeline. Running an xp pot that can get you to 98+ easily by the time you are on the second island.
    You could then continue and hit 100 pretty quickly there, or hit Vespyr isles, and do the timeline there.
    Soooo much less boring than just running instances over and over.
    Of course, for KA and PoP, that is exactly what you get, but at least by getting to 100, you can equip the alts with the crate gear from PoM and have an easier time in KA without worrying about farming drops.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Pejhaar New Member

Thank you Kheldrom, much appreciated. To the Tranquil Sea it is :)

The last time I played was the Tranquil Sea expansion, so that gear crate was a HUGE stat boost for my wizard.
  4. Mathafern Well-Known Member

The BEST bang for your buck is to take your level 95 toon to Plane of Magic, and travel to each of the teleport pads. The xp from the achievement will kick you to 100. Then you go grab your gear from the chest at the zone in and get to work on faction.
    Drona likes this.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! How long will this take please?
  6. ROCKYVAL New Member

That doesnt work tried it with my 95 BL :-{
  7. Kheldorm Active Member

Just tried that, to see if it worked. I have no idea what you are thinking, but at 95, doing both the full explore deed AND the platforms isn't even a full level, with full vitality, 0% AA conversion, and a 110% xp potion.
    On completing High Planes Drifter AND It's So Magical, I'm only 31.7% into 95.
    Nice try though.
  8. Uruketo New Member

This was recently nerfed and rightly so. It was WAY TOO POWERFUL. If you had a level 1-89 it was instantly 90. If you had a 90-99 it was instantly 100. And if you had a 100 it was 100.3. All those numbers are without a pot running. I know some folks who elevated a lot of toons quickly. I didn't act myself as I had other priorities but it would have been nice to get in on the action. :)
    Kheldorm likes this.
  9. Kheldorm Active Member

Okay, thanks Uruketo. I never even heard of it.
    Back to running my 90's through Tranquil Sea and Vespyr :)
  10. Kheldorm Active Member

As a followup, just spent a few hours running completely through the Tranquil Sea timeline, and got from 95.001 to 99.48, and it was actually enjoyable. No needing to do 43000 boring single repeatable faction quests, or the same instance over and over. The timeline progressed easily and naturally, and was fun.
    I did want to kill some of the good spiders on Deathweave though, for constantly thinking of things for me to do, but they never once told me "Go and do this 18 times, then I'll give you another task".
    Shmogre and Dude like this.
  11. Wizx13 Member

To bad they didnt roll back the hundreds that exploited this :)
    Kheldorm likes this.
  12. Kheldorm Active Member

True. They should have.
    Actually, I'm surprised they didn't. Look how many XP Pot sales they lost out on!