Which of the new racials are particularly good for a Dirge ?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-phoebe-bee, Nov 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-phoebe-bee Guest

Do any of the new racials seem particularly attractive to a Dirge ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Brynn Guest

My dark elf is loving the ones she has atm. Real nice melee buffs, with some spell stuff. 15% increased run speed when sneaking and innate safe fall are also pretty nice. Only level 43 as of now so all the ones I have now have been awesome, but the final few will be a waste. (poison extender and so on)
  3. ARCHIVED-Lysara Guest

Which is the 15% runspeed while sneaking? Im only lvl 31 right now, so far ive taken fury of innoruuk, the piercing/double attack mod, and the +5int, I didnt see a passive sneak/runspeed buff.. was it that "youve gained master of shadows" thing that went off when I first logged in after the release?
    Oh something cool I found last night, theres a collection reward that gives 10 droag scale swill, 3 hour duration drink that increases your runspeed by 40%, and stacks with selos, Ive been running around getting disco exp and collections at 68% runspeed that has a 30 hour duration(ive only used 6 hours so far I think) its made lvling my dirge very very fun =)
  4. ARCHIVED-KERSTYNN Guest

Lysara wrote:
    Its one of the innate ones that the dark elves now get called Mastery of Shadows, I believe. It is always on, with no icon in either the racial traits (under <L>) or in your spell book. Our other innate is called Hover and is also quite nice, but you have to remember to cast it whenever you revive. This one does have an icon in our spellbooks, and it is basically a safe-fall...I used it while duoing with my wife's fae and was able to jump down to place that she can "float" down to without going splat.
    And yes that Droag Swill is quite nice, it is IIRC a collection quest reward from one of the KoS zones...
  5. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

If you are a Wood Elf, like me, I unfortunately have to say none. The only slightly interesting traits are the open AE (which only affects 4 instead of the usual 8 targets and does 300-500 damage at 70, thus it's rather weak), the snare reduction (25% less snare), +3% power and the drink duration increase (25% longer); nothing spectacular. All in all, a Wood Elf is probably one of the worst choices for a Dirge

Erudites get a few nice things:
    Innate out of combat power regen (P)
    5% casting time reduction, 2% max power (P)ae magic attack encounter dd, 2 min recast (A) (does around 900 damage on my lvl 70 Shadowknight)2 spell crit chance + 5 disruption skill (P) Ward of Glyphs - ward, 5 min recast (A) (around 666 at 70)

Humans are also nice:Multitalented - .5s reduction to all harvesting skills (P)
    Diversity - +5 to all tradeskills (P) (if you are crafting, and yes that is +5 to each and every one of them)
    Diplomacy - Soothe spell, 'reduces awareness of enemies', does not affect epics, 20 sec dur, 2 min recast (A)
    Versatility - 7 to crush, pierce, ranged, slash, disruption, ministration, defense, deflection (P) (again this is not an either or, you get +7 to ALL of them, best trait ever imho)
    Bayle's Strike - DD, 30 sec recast (A) (low damage, 300-400 afaik)
    Ruggedness - 3% max health (P)

These are the choices/innates that are particularly interesting for a Dirgen in my opinion. I only took a closer look at these three races. Arasai seem to be pretty good too. Anything but a Wood Elf really
  6. ARCHIVED-Topa Guest

phoebe-bee wrote:
    Dark Elf and to a lesser degree Ratonga seem like the best scout races.
  7. ARCHIVED-Mercuratrayin Guest

Ratonga Poison Bite helps with the DPS a fair amount. Another dot thats quick cast and very effective.
  8. ARCHIVED-Mayl Guest

I gave it some thought and I rolled up a Barbarian Dirge. There are many racial abilites that are great for a Dirge if you Barbarian.
    5% Run Speed
    Stun/Slam (1min timer)
    Increased defense when under 30% hp
    2% Crit and Double Attack
    3% total HP
    5 Str
    I really love the look of my new Dirge. Going down the STA tree and having that AA slam plus the racial along with Cheap Shot gives me 3 ways to stun a mob.
  9. ARCHIVED-TheSpin Guest

I decided to roll a Kerra for my new brigand after the new racials came out. I never liked kerra much before but for my playstyle the kerra has been super.

I would say the 15% run speed in stealth is one of my favorites. Kerra, Dark elf, Ratonga get it (not sure what others)

I would also say the single target attack with the DoT added would be the best racial attack, unless you really like the Fury of Innoruk one. I say this because the DoT would likely be Int based and therefore do more damage than the other melee attacks. Ratonga and Iksar get that.
    Erudite would be the only race that would give you + spell crit and + disruption skill. They can also have a 5% faster casting speed and the feather fall.
    There are definately some other things to consider. http://home.comcast.net/~eq2gamedata/main.html has a list of racials and most of them are correct (but not all).