Which is better to cast solo and group...

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Cadderly, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Cadderly Guest

I usually just cast Soothing Sermon whether im soloing or in a group, its just not worth it for me to keep to many reactive heals in my main hotbar. Is there a major difference between these two when soloing?
  2. ARCHIVED-caspak Guest

as for reactive healing, I use summoning sermon when I dont know the mobs I'm fighting, or if I know that all group members could sustain damage. I use the single reactive more though, because its faster cast time and seems to last longer. At App III level it heals more then 90 hp each tick. Summoning Sermon is also a good starter spell, to let everyone in the group know I'm ready to heal and MT can start the battle.
  3. ARCHIVED-Donte Guest

/agree SS is too slow and a mana hog for the most part and I only cast pre-fight if its an unknown encounter and if more than 2 members are taking damage. BOV is much better overall.
  4. ARCHIVED-EfrenCecht Guest

I ussually use SS when there is some sort of caster in the mob group. The reason for this is because they usually do a AOE and if you have a SS off before the AOE it will seem as if no one was injured... I always keep BoV on the MT, and always refresh it if it drops.

While Soloing I would NEVER use SS, the cast time is too long and what you get out of it doesn't even come close to BoV considering the cast times and health recovered.
  5. ARCHIVED-Donte Guest

is reactive working against spells? I never can tell and the graphic is so bright from the AE casts coupled with seeing everyones bars yellow I dont notice the green numbers :smileyindifferent:
  6. ARCHIVED-EfrenCecht Guest

Well when fighting Gnoll Warlocks they cast an AoE spell (looks like some sort of lightning) many times I have SS up before they cast and I watch the green bars go down a bit then jump right back up. I laugh at the warlock every time that happens.
  7. ARCHIVED-caspak Guest

Here is a common que for my spells during combat.

1. Soothing Sermon
    Wait for MT health to drop
    2. Combat Healing
    3. BoV
    4. Any Debuffs I feel I can afford
    5 Refresh BoV as needed.
    throw some other stuff in that might be fun!
    6. PoA Group Heal (Prayer of Amelioration) if group is loosing health
    reapeat 4-6 on Adds as long as possible.

Anyone else use this stratagy? I'm level 20 BTW.
  8. ARCHIVED-Donte Guest

I sometimes switch 2 and 3. If BOV is enough to keep tank even. saves me some mana.

I dont do SS on single mobs encounters usually that is
  9. ARCHIVED-AcidiC Guest

I switch 2 and 3 as well. I like to get BOV on the tank for that added help then throw in the other insta heals.