Which guardian weapon for soloing?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by marke34, Oct 16, 2015.

1. marke34 New Member

Hi guys! Just got into the game, and decided to make 3 characters:a guardian tank, an assassin DPS, and either a Dirge for the buffs, or illusionist/coercer for-well something different than dirge for support(have not decided yet, most likely will ask about illusionist/coercer after this question is answered.) Anyway, before I go to any raid in everquest 2, I need to start by fighting outside of raids by myself. The question I have today is:which weapon should I use when fighting by myself? I have 3 really good choices:sword, and board, dual wield, and a 2 hander weapon, so I cannot decide. Can you guys help me? Thanks! :p
  2. Boli Active Member

for the warrior class (guardian and bererker) always go sword and board.

It is all about the hot-swap then as you can swap from sword+board to dual weild in a single click.. .and back again in a separate macro.

if you use a twohander you'll notice there is a delay on equipping the second item (sword or board depending on order) when trying to swap during combat.

so you fight dual wield as often as you cna swapping to the shield if you notice you are taking too much damage.
  3. marke34 New Member

Thanks for the reply! To sum it up, you are saying that I should mainly use dual wield weapons for the easier fights where the mobs do not hit so hard, and then switch to sword and board for the tougher ones. Sounds like I will be using mostly sword, and board for the tougher raids, and dungeons then with the Dirge supporting me. Sounds good, can't wait until I get my inquisitor healer merc for my guardian, heard really good things about the merc.
  4. Sevantal Member

Lacerator no question. \aITEM 1643819267 1323371907:Lacerator\/a