Which buffs would you rather have if you are MT?

Discussion in 'Guardian' started by ARCHIVED-Mueril, Apr 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Mueril Guest

Would you rather have 84STR/STA/AGI with 3%dps bonus and 4%parry OR 9agi 20haste and 4%def?

Just trying to get some tanks thoughts if you could respond.

Thanks
    Mueril Mowadeeb
    Lvl 50 Troubador of Nejena
  2. ARCHIVED-Sazzabi8 Guest

84 str/sta/agi, 3% dps and 4% parry.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

I would agree with the 84 stam/str/agil as well
  4. ARCHIVED-Mueril Guest

The reason i ask is that i was told to play the defence buff instead. I wanted to get some more insight just incase there was something i was missing and defence really is that much more important than say parry. Thanks for replays.
  5. ARCHIVED-Sazzabi8 Guest

All defense does is increase your avoidance ac.

75 agi will give you more avoidance than 4 defense.
  6. ARCHIVED-Damonious Bane Guest

depends on the mob and on the rest of the MT group is the correct answer ;)
  7. ARCHIVED-Oakwood Guest

is that 84 a typo? is it supposed to be 8? If it really is 84, there is no comparison. the avoidance from the agi will be far more than the % def, and the sta is +hp as well (unless you are raiding and are already over the agi softcap)
  8. ARCHIVED-Pin StNeedles Guest

I'd actually refer to the second one as the "haste buff", not the "defense buff". The +4 defense is a secondary effect.
    The first is your main stat buff (actually - the 2 stat buffs stacked, using 2 conc), and you should run that all the time IMO.
    Swan Song would be the "defense buff", or "skill buff" - giving +10 (at ad3?) to offensive and defensive skills (with some +agi) - and I'm unsure as to whether the +def stacks on the haste and skill buffs anyway?

But basically... Stat buff always, then choose between +haste or +skill depending on whether you are blowing through trash mobs, or trying to buff the MT to God Mode. (Other conc on debuffs, power, or whatever else).

(IMO)
    Message Edited by Pin StNeedles on 05-03-2005 07:02 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-Mueril Guest

As we all here know we have 5 concentration slots to use. Why i ask this question is because two fellow bards and the RL i was in told me that i should be playing Swan song(defence buff takes 2 slots), Brias(a severly underpowered regen song thats a waste of a slot IMHO(takes 1 slot).
    So i have 2 slots left to work with... And 84STR/STA/AGI with 3%dps bonus and 4%parry OR 9agi 20haste and 4%def is the difference we are looking at from me playing 2 buffs that cost 1 concentration each and or the one song 2 slot haste/def buff. I was told that for a MT raid group i should play the Haste buff... ???? I was did not agree and was told i was wrong so just wanted a little insight...

Thanks Mueril
  10. ARCHIVED-blueduckie Guest

My brother is a troubador and we have danced around many different spell set ups. Our favoritte is swan song with 3 stat buffs. Power regen song as for raids we only use until mob is power drained then he will normally switch it but sometimes he keeps it up. I have never seen much difference from that either way. You just have to consider what else is in the group. What is your MT buffing at on sta agi etc. If a mystic is in group should be pretty high. Also maybe we just are different but dont your troubs ever have to work in resist songs also? Elemental Chorus and Arcane Symphony i think. Dont you work those in dependant on mobs ae's etc? However from just a normal mob that doesnt have to killer of ae's or anything we use defense song and 2 stat buffs and a resist power regen or another stat majority of the time on our troub. Also my brother has been begging me to get a 2nd troub for mt group. So they can cover alot more songs. May test that out and see how it works. From what i saw on another thread. Our typical MT group is way different than alot but have no problems with it.