Which are the most useful Racial Abilities

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by S Harper, Jan 27, 2013.

1. S Harper New Member

Looking at the Tradeskill racial abilities it appears there are three main types (+5 to skill, increased durability, and Reduced power cost).

Alchemy, for example has the following
    1. Human/Barbarian - Chemistry +5
    2. Dark Elf/Gnome - Durability +2 per round
    3. Ratonga - Reduce power cost of Reaction Arts by 10%

Of the three which, if any, is more useful or effective than the other?
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

Overall, the most useful would be #2. It doesn't do much but at least it does something whatever your TS lvl is.

#1 would be only slighly useful for a low lvl tradeskiller (<30)
    #3 unless you're too cheap to use a drink while crafting, it won't help at all.
  3. Thalador Active Member

Truthfully with TS prestige race has no impact anymore. The same thing they did to adventure traits being useless has been done to TS. Play the race you like the looks of.
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Only notable things now are.

Dark Elf/Erudite: Traverse Shadows/Ulteran Transport
    Erudite/Iksar: Waterbreathing
    Dark Elf/Iksar/Eruidite: Float/Satefall
    Sarnak/Fae/Arasai: 50% Run speed buff
    Ratonga/Kerran: Tracking

Those come to mind as the only things really worthwhile on a race anymore. Damn that reminds me weeks ago I commented about making a list of racial abilities possibly to redo things.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Just toa add that Sarnak has waterbreathing group ability as well. At least mine has maybe b/c i started him in Gorowyn.
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

High elves also get an intra-zone transport, and that used to be on my list of must-haves as well.

However now that anyone can use a Call of the Tinkerer, and get this effect every 30 minutes instead of 12 hours, this is a non-issue as well.

Thalador has the wisdom.
    Estred likes this.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

Ratonga don't track. Halflings and Wood Elves do. Out of all the racial abilities, tracking is probably the most useful.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

Hm, I thought they did. Well thank you for the correction.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

10. S Harper New Member

Thank you all very much for the information. I hadn't even considered the effect of drinking on #3. As for non-tradeskill traditions I believe I read that some races get a "lock picking" skill that might be useful.

I appreciate the responses, and this will be very helpful when picking my race(s).

Have a good evening everyone.