Where's the mezz?

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Loony, Dec 10, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Loony Guest

I was just wondering if there was anyone who could answer this question. I am a lvl 26 enchanter and have 1 single target mezz that works when fighting mobs my lvl. My first is too weak for any targets that we fight now unless we are fighting way down in lvl and to top it all off the stupid AE mezz doesn't work. How am I supposed to be CC for a group when a freakin swashbuckler my lvl has a single target mezz that works, just for a shorter period of time? I have to mezz a mob and then target something else then queue the spell on that mob and wait. How is this an effective form of CC? I was thinking that it made sense to have a skip between mezzes even when the lower one doesn't work anymore since we get an AE, but being that it doesn't work it is sorta hard for us to do our job. So this makes us effectively an inadequate source of dmg, CC and the short duration on our breeze and haste make us inadequated at that also. I see lots of people complaining about fixing this quest and that quest, I hope someone from the dev team is looking at this to see that they really need to fix the basic functionality of the classes before they give fixes on a few broken quests.
  2. ARCHIVED-Echo3111 Guest

It only gets worse as you level. That mez you are complaining about will stop working at all in the 30's and you won't have a replacement yet.

But you are right about one thing. What you described is not an effective way to crowd control. I am doing my best not to condescend as it is, so I can not be the one to teach you how to play your class properly. You can find guides on how to control crowds throughout this forum.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kitorian Guest

I read that the entrance spell works up to level 43. You could test this theory in Rivervale or some other high end zone.

But maybe your wont get an accurate result, you need the spell to con grey for a proper test.
  4. ARCHIVED-Spellbounders Guest

1) The single target mez that swashbucklers have is not worth it. Like you said, it is short duration. We can keep up to three mezzes up confortably.
    2) You complain of the wait between recasts. It is something to not make every encounter easy, but as a sort of meta-heal since you prevent damage from happening during that time.. If you have a 10 monster pull, it will be insane to have 9 of them locked (but then again, with a 10 monster pull, most of them would be double down arrows and a cake walk). Instead of queueing up another cast, get a quick haste/breeze in or stun a mob that is not your next target or one already mezzed.

3) Again, I am going to say you will notice the Breeze's effects if you get it to Adept 1. Just last night our group was bugged so we were always in perma-fight mode. While we were traversing across Nektropos Castle trying to make the guy reappear we had to kill stuff along the way. With no Breeze at play, we would be drained after 5 minutes of constant fighting (of blues and blue++'s) , but with Breeze the casters and the taunter were always around half full. More then enough to take on the last guy if he had ever decided to reappear.
  5. ARCHIVED-Loony Guest

Yeah, I'm not saying I can't do my job, I've always played an enchanter, so I can mezz mobs and keep them locked down. I'm just wondering where the AE mez that differs us from bards is. Bards do get a good mez and guess what....their buffs last longer. I mean is that how the AE is supposed to work? I could see the benefit of having it work properly seeing as how it locks the caster down as it is a focus spell. Of course, it doesn't just hold the mobs until they are ready to be killed there is of course a time on the duration and the cool down on it is longer than that duration. I'm not saying to make it overpowered. I'm just saying make it work like it is supposed to. As is I don't even have it on a spell bar.

Edit: also forgot to mention that yeah we have stun and root, and I know how to use both, but with the stun/mez combination being broken too, that makes it even rougher to do our job.
    Message Edited by Loony on 12-11-2004 10:08 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Vurin Guest

Um... Troubadours get their first and only Mez at level 50. Their Charm is 3 min recast and lasts less than 30 seconds and doesn't work on double up arrow mobs.

All in all you can't compare troubadour mez to Enchanters in the least. They do have a lot of good things going for them, don't get me wrong, and you are entitlted to your class envy, but the grass isn't always greener.
  7. ARCHIVED-Padien Guest

Given that we have a level 40 mez listed (no special effects on it) and it seems the stores are selling a spell called Capture mind (with our no fizzle/interrupt thing on it) at level 38.6, we might very well have 2 mez's at higher levels. If so, we are going to kick some butt at mez'ing.