Where's some wizzy port lovin'?

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by ARCHIVED-Eldcen, Oct 7, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Eldcen Guest

Ok, now druids have 8 ports if I count them correctly: Ant, CL, Gfay, Steamfont, Butcherblock, Teren's Grasp, Kunzar, and now Darklight. Someone please correct me if I missed any. And who knows what they're going to get in TSO.

We have 4, count'em 4 whole ports - and ours even cost us 30s each to cast! I don't mind that druids have more ports (well...not much anyway), but throw us a bone here, devs! There are tons of wizzy spires throughout Norrath that are inactive: EL, Nek, LP, TS to name some. And it would hardly be unbalancing to have just a few more; especially since we have to pay a small amount to cast ours.

When EoF launched and ports were introduced, druids got 5, and we got three - the gap was two. Now the gap is doubled at 4. Could any dev maybe at least think about giving us just one or two more?
  2. ARCHIVED-RoguePyro Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Teh_Person Guest

There's already a nek and a TS spire... I mean it's not like you'd be adding anything at all or exerting any effort. Well...?
  4. ARCHIVED-jeremyhwilson Guest

No need to gripe about the lack of ports anymore or about the healers having 3 times as many. With the new Guild Halls now live everyone has access to any healer port given your guild has a Guild Hall with the Portal NPC.
  5. ARCHIVED-Teh_Person Guest

Not everyone is guilded, you know. That aside, to me it's more a matter of SE wouldn't have to do anything at all to give us nek and TS ports. There's no logical reason we can't port to those spires. And being able to hit those docks quickly would save immense amounts of time.
  6. ARCHIVED-SofarNutmeg Guest

I was wondering about this myself as I ran my Fury through darklight on the way to the druid ring -- and went right past a Wizard spire with a wizard portral trainer standing in front.
    And while I'm here, how about removing the in-group requirement for single-target port and just add a confirmation box to the port?
  7. ARCHIVED-Qrafted Guest

SofarNutmeg wrote:
    omg. QFT. that is an awesome idea. Get on it Devs. =P
  8. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

Because people would just screw with others and spam them port messages because its possible - just to see if someone will accidently port themselves.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mirander_1 Guest

While we're on the subject of ports, it'd also be nice if they consolidated them so, instead of having separate spells for each location, you can have just one spell (or rather two, since we have Portal and Translocate) that you click, pick a destination from a zone selection window (like how the mariner's bell works), and then port there. It'd clear up a lot of clutter to do it that way, instead of how it currently works.
  10. ARCHIVED-dirtymeat80 Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    This, I would love. They made the guild hall druid portal like this and it's great.
    As to more ports, after leveling an alt without evac or ports, I'm fine with getting any.
  11. ARCHIVED-Orius42 Guest

Mirander@Unrest wrote:
    My word that is a awesome idea! You would think that would be a easy fix.
  12. ARCHIVED-TalisX1 Guest

13. ARCHIVED-NightGod473 Guest

Dakkota@Unrest wrote:
    EQ1 TLs have worked like that since day one and random spamming has never been an issue (well, it was a bit back when there were contested mobs and wizards would drop the AE translocate hoping someone critical from the other guild would click out, but with everything instanced, that's moot now-besides, it very rarely worked, anyway). The huge amount of port options are one of the biggest things I miss from EQ1, honestly.
  14. ARCHIVED-revren Guest

Hey Hey

While i am not a wizzard <I am a warlock> I tihnk we have more then enogh ports. While I can see in the past that this may have been an issue, now with guild halls and the amount of other ports that you get in game it seems a moot point. I just got a t1 guild hall in SFP yesterday, but these are the single ports i have . CL , ANT , GFAY , KP , Moores <class based> BB , JW , Maj'dul <Quest Based> I have my home port of neriak , I have the tavern port <LON> to FP. The only zone that is still a pain in KJ and besides the occational Raid in VS/PR i try do not go there that oftin. I would rather have a more DPS based utilty then any more ports.

Welcome Home
    Rev
  15. ARCHIVED-Selorius Guest

I agree with above, spamming ports was never a big problem in EQ1. Also, my EQ2 ports seem very very **** compared to my EQ1 ports. Just my two cents.
  16. ARCHIVED-Swyen Guest

Nice necropost. You do realize that the last post before yours was the third week in december, correct?
  17. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Dakkota@Unrest wrote:
    This is a raelly stupid argument considinering that we can already port ppl single target WITHOUT a confermation box. I REALLY fail to see how adding some thing that makes it harder to grief ppl is a bad idea because of greifing.

Also, i get the feeling that those other wizard spires wont eventualy end up going to waste. I really think they will get there day in another xpac some time. Just think about how long ND was in LS, it JUST NOW was oppened up and its been there the hole time. I also get the feeling that the unused Druid rings will get used one day to.

And YES, why is there a portal trainer in front of the strang spriers in Neriak even tho it cant be used?
  18. ARCHIVED-JynxJynku Guest

All I gotta say, I love porting my MT out during a named kill!
  19. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

/signed more ports for Wizards!
  20. ARCHIVED-Origin_Elloyn Guest