Where To Next?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Amana, Jun 28, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Ixalmaris Guest

I really would like to see Velious after Kunark although it would have changed much from EQ1. The dragons will be gone (already got their expansion and lore wies after the sleeper escaped nothing much was left). It probably will be very Giant or Dwarven centric. Anyway, as long they reintroduce the last missing gods I am happy no metter where the expansion takes place.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p]Thing I would have to ask is what if the devs decided to reintroduce the planes using them as gateways to desolate places like Odus or Velious? Already seen that Gate of Fear in game and when my 35 illusionist approached it the thing said "You must be level 70 to enter." After that I brought my level 70 SK there and it said "This Zone Is Not In Game Yet." [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Cannon Guest

I would have to say I would love to see Velious. Maybe introduce Half Giants as an new race and Introduce 2 new starting citys. Kael for the Half Giants and Coldain Castle for the coldain dwarves. This would be sweet!
  4. ARCHIVED-Ixalmaris Guest

I don't think there should again be a new race and city. 5 cities is imo enough (6 if SOE makes it even again). Otherwise the playerbase does spread out too much.
  5. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

I think Velious is extremely unlikely as it melted, and unlike some I don't see that as meaning ohh the ice melted away I see that as meaning a significant seimic even occurred and the very rock of the continent itself melted and sunk beneath the waves. The mental picture I have of velious is that of Ishtar post Cataclysm in the Dragonlance dnd setting.
  6. ARCHIVED-Deadrus Guest

[p]I remember a Dev saying some where that only Bits of Velious Melted. The whole contenant wasnt ice so a good bit of it is still there and with the waters calming and new contenants being found its plenty posible parts of velious could be refreezing shapeing the contenant differntly then it was in eq1. As for some on earlier mentioned Luclan being the next expantion I wouldnt mind that and I think it would be rather awesome. I belive there is some one at work on Luclin because of the EoF Lore about how the elf guy sees this figure at the spires and feels the hum of them active agian. The combine spires were shut down when Luclin was invaded. And for the spries to be active once agian something must have happend on Luclin. [/p][p]The way i always looked at luclin was that it was like a raido or tv satalite. When you ported you went though the nexus to your desination. Not just from point A to B that is unless you were planing to stop on the nexus it would just be point A to B but if your porting from antoinca to Kunark or something like that i alwasy thought nexus rerouted you to where you needed to go based on the spell you used seeing the nexus is the hub of the combine spires and when luclin was invaded the spires were shut down and now they are active agian. So im pretty sure at least parts of Luclin are inhabitable. [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Vyrance Guest

that door to the Underfoot leads to the Plane of the Underfoot (Brell's domain), not the Underfoot of Norrath. Subtunaria is the Underfoot continent below the old continent of Antonica (Antonica/D'Lere/Enchanted Lands/etc.). and Stormhold is the Underfoot continent below Faydwer, supposedly where the Serilian Horde come from.
  8. ARCHIVED-Vyrance Guest

the devs have said that Velious is still around, some parts have melted and some areas are different.
  9. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Devs are building up a story here and i'm just wondering what they have in store for Odus/Velious if they release them like so many beg for. I'm also curious to see player reactions if they decide to release the planes associated with each diety in the game thus far.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

Back that up with a link please.
  11. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

[p]It's entirely plausible that Velious remains mostly frozen. Velious was eternally frozen by divine means and Veeshan was not a part of the godly council that withdrew it's power and influence from Norrath as she was never a true god of the lesser, mortal races. Velious has always belonged to Veeshan and unless Veeshan relinquishes it or another god takes it from her (like Tunare was attempting) than I can see it remaining relatively unaltered from a geological standpoint. From a political standpoint, with the withdrawal of Brell Serillis and Rallos Zek, I can see the Coldain, Kromrif, and Kromzek quickly getting beaten back by the Claws of Veeshan. With the dwarves and giants in decline I could also see Tserrina Syl'Tor quickly rising in power, perhaps subjagating the drachnids and enslaving the Ry'Gorr. Velketor's influence could spread as well. I could see armies of Icepaws and Velium golems taking the Great Divide away from the Coldain. Velketor's Labyrinth and the Tower of Frozen Shadow would make great high end heroic instances in the same vein as Unrest. Skyshrine, Dragon Necropolis, and the Temple of Veeshan would make great raid zones. Thurgadin, Crystal Caverns, and Kael Drakkal would all be great contested dungeons.[/p][p]The power questions is: "How does Kerafyrm factor into the Story of Velious?"[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

[p] Don't know the name of the NPC, but there is a gnome in temple street that talks about Velious or Odus. He could just be spoutin off at the mouth attemptin to sound smart, however he says the sea levels have risen because Velious/Odus melted completely away. He also said only a portion of Everfrost has melted away which may explain the iceburg things we see towards the back. [/p][p]I will go in game and try to get a log of this to back up what I heard. [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Picklesworth Guest

[p]Wow, I didn't think anyone else wanted to see Odus again. Velious and Odus are both good places to go and I am sure before EQ3 is in production, both will be revisited.[/p][p] [/p][p]For the next Expansion, I would like to see Odus with and some additional old world zones. [/p][p]From Odus: Ruins of Erudin (name of Erudites city I think); Hole, Paineel, Warren's, Stoneburnt Mts, Kerra Isle, Erud's Crossing[/p][p]From Old World: Rathmountains/Lakerathtear/South Karana as a string of isles, High Hold Keep (Corp HQ for High Seas Trading Comp), Innothule Swamp, Ruins of Guk and Gukta. [/p][p] [/p][p]Lots of potential for them. [/p][p] [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-gith Guest

Velious Information for everyone History of Vellious Before recorded time, Veeshan, the great Crystalline Dragon marked Norrath by striking the continent of Velious with her foreclaw, and deposited her brood there to dwell. The legends of that time also tell that Veeshan blasted Velious with her breath, encasing it in eternal ice and creating a barrier of deadly ice flows and stormy weather. This marked the beginning of the Age of Scale. Taken from http://lorenorrath.free.fr/read_search.php?link=sov_history&word=Velious Also From the History of Humans book. At first, the rumblings of the mountains and the changes in the sea were thought to be simple anomalies. As the years passed, it was clear that an Age of Cataclysms had befallen Norrath. The Cataclysms were of all types: earthquakes, flooding, and the inconceivable melting of velious. The seas became too treacherous to travel and many parts of the world began to collapse into the caverns of Subtunaria during this time of Rending. Taken from http://lorenorrath.free.fr/read_search.php?link=race_human&word=velious ---------- So Velious was a continent covered in ice before it was melted. However If as I recall things were carved out of the ice, there won't be a lot left.
  15. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

exactly large portions of old freeport are underwater cause of the rise of water levels after Velious melted(Sunken City and the amount of water in the seweres.)
  16. ARCHIVED-Frenic Guest

[p][size="medium"]I want to see GUK! I dont care what expansion its in. [/size][/p][p][size="medium"]I think, like others here, that Inn. Swamp, SK, HHK, Rath. Mnts. and all of Odus would all be really good ideas.[/size][/p][p] [/p][p][size="medium"]P.S. /ooc LFG for Lguk, LMH[/size][/p]