Where to find...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by GrouchyMouse, Jun 13, 2013.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

...the Alluring Siren's Stone and the Tavalan Gem for Tides of War collection.

I've been looking and searching off and on through various places (EQ2i, Zam, Google...) and haven't found where these two pieces are found, or much of any info for that matter.

Yes, I'd ask in chat, and I did at one point, but I didn't feel like putting up with and sifting through the trolling and harassment.

Thanks in advance.
  2. alvane Member

Isn't Tides of War a Mega Collection? IOW, the parts are rewards from other collections. If so, then you haven't completed a couple regular collections in CoE.

Have you all the heroic dungeon collections of CoE completed? They may be a reward from those.
  3. Kismet Member

I'm having the same issue and missing the same two stones. I have completed all collection quests for Cobalt Scar and Siren's Grotto according to Zam's list which can be found here: http://eq2.zam.com/wiki/Cobalt_Scar_(EQ2_Quest_Series)

I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find an answer. These are the quests listed at Zam and I have completed all but the Tides of War meta collection.

Cobalt Scar
    Cobalt Scar Essences (aerial)
    Armor of the New Combine
    Awakened Novelties
    Grotto Novelties
    Othmir Vestments
    Siren's Charms
    Symbols of the New Combine
    Ulthork Novelties
    Weapons of the New Combine
    Crustacean Collection (fishing)
    Mollusks Collection (fishing)
    Sea Bass Collection (fishing)
    Sea Star Collection (fishing)
    Ocean Creatures Collection (meta collection of rewards from fishing collections)

Siren's Grotto
    Siren's Grotto Novelties (95)

Meta Collection
    Tides of War
  4. Kismet Member

I just checked EQ2U and looked at every server's item discoveries for each of these two items in question and it would seem, by the gear every person on every server that has discovered these items is wearing, that they are obtained in raid zones. If this is indeed the case, why make them part of a meta collection that ALL the other collections from which they are borne are from non-raid zones. Not amused.
  5. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Alvane: I have completed the collections then hit this wall. And have found no info on where to obtain the last two stones. Two of my guildees run the heroics and bring back shinies and I've not seen those in what they put into the depot.

Kismet: Aye, I've exactly the same. And you did the same looking around as I did and have come to the same conclusions. But my raid guild hasn't mentioned any shinies in the instances.

Thank you both for what info you have.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

None of the shinies come from raid zones. You get the shinies in question by completing all the collections of that heroic zone. So for instance, once you finish all the collections in Tavalan Abyss, you get the Tavalan Gem. Same for Alluring Embrace. Zam simply hasn't updated their list, probably because their beta testers aren't into excessive heroic grinds.
  7. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Malleria: Ahah, thank you! Info really needs to be corrected, there wasn't anything about finishing collections but I did have my suspicions.