Where is everybody ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by AlienShine, Dec 11, 2014.

1. AlienShine Member

Exp is not even a month old and it already feels like a ghost town.
    Finding groups takes hours, to only fail in the dungeons.
    Am I missing something or is this just a raid-log game ?
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Mostly raid-log game ^^ todays.... sadly.
  3. AlienShine Member

Guess my days are numbered then, is is boring.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

90% of people LFG refuse to form groups, and as such, they sit around idly twiddling their thumbs moaning.
    Finora, ZachSpastic and Livejazz like this.
  5. Glassjaw Active Member

Personally I think after years of the typical MMORPG frame and system of "Grind and Farm" for endless hours is wearing down on the players who once really enjoyed it. The majority of players are no longer able to spend countless hours at the computer running the same content over and over and over in the hopes that the materials or item they need is rewarded to them only to one day receive it and then shortly after they have to replace it because of a change to game mechanics or an expansion.

It's the grind that keeps people playing when what it should be is new and ever changing content for players to experience on a regular basis.I came back to explore the new expansion and once I have made my way through all of the heroics I am likely to unsub and wait for the next expansion because it becomes a hamster wheel where the scenery doesn't change much.

Don't get me wrong. I love the game and how it works but the grind is a killjoy.
  6. Trickykell Member

Eh yeah kind of that but also many don't seem to be doing PuGs in some of the strat heavy zones... dino zones seem to get PuG's fairly easily but I think I called out for a tank for Highhold over an hour the other day lol. Finally got one, though, but I'm obnoxious and keep spamming LFG and General until I get one lol.
    Finora, Livejazz and Feldon like this.
  7. Raff Well-Known Member

Its the Holidays...<<shrug>>....EQ2 is a fairly mature game. A lot of people have things to do.
    Finora, Livejazz, Mozil and 2 others like this.
  8. Lygerr Active Member

most have moved to AB, about the only server left that has any form of active gaming left in it.

many in denial will just say well it's summer and people are outside/it's xmas and people are shopping/its spring break and people are on vacation.... yeah, well once upon a time i used to wait for people to come back, they never did.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

They just simplified much of the heroic content to remedy this problem.

I was not puging as the difficulty of the content was such that I could only trust in a small population to bring with me to do them.

I kinda wish they had forked the zones into challenge version and normal version, where the existing ones were challenge and the now nerfed ones were normal.
    Nediam, Finora, Alenna and 2 others like this.
  10. Ratza Well-Known Member

The holidays may play a minor role in low server pops but not that much.....for those of us on low pop servers it is hard to find groups/fill raids/keep guilds active....server mergers are seriously needed yet SOE fails to do anything about it.....cross server dungeons is NOT going to fix the problem.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The gym is more fun at this point.
    Pinktonya likes this.
  12. Nubek Active Member

Permafrost is a ghost town as well. There were more groups towards the end of ToV than there are now, which is really bad considering the expac is so new...
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I could call Everfrost a "ghost town" just yet but it's surprisingly quiet for this early in the expansion.
  14. Lygerr Active Member

i've met so many refugees i knew from the 5 other servers i was on after i moved to AB that it was a bit shocking, but also not at the same time. the other servers are so dead that sony seems to be making more money off server transfers at this point than they find necessary to look for a real fix.

person X sais "hey, you remember me from server Y?". "mhmm, i'd say i should be surprised but somehow i'm not that we all wound up on the same server". except somehow i keep getting conned into paying for server transfers while i still have so many toons on other servers.
    Azian likes this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Yep, I've asked people privately because one day I saw the following:

95 Berserker LFG for Temple.
    (8 lines later)
    95 Templar LFG for Weekly-Temple.
    (5 lines later)
    95 Wizard and Sin LFG for Halls and Lab.
    (3 lines later)
    95 Troub LFG for weekly.
    (7 lines later)
    95 Berserker LFG for temple.

Now, you tell me what's weird about the above? I asked each of those players why none of the formed a group since there was a groups worth of people LFG. They responded:
    "I don't form groups."

I know when I formed groups in ToV, it only took time to get a healer or utility class. Then again, Permafrost is not the most populated server.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or, you could solo...or molo...or craft (regular, tinker, adorn, etc.)...or decorate...or do a variety of other options. I've got characters on Everfrost, and our main issue there is that no one seems to craft there, and mine are all lowbees. :-/

Where are they all TODAY, specifically? It's supposed to be the first day of Frostfell, so that's where everyone's at: waiting for the Village to open, like they said it would at 8 am PST. :-/

Uwk
    Livejazz and Charlice like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Er? Sounds more like, "I don't LEAD groups," meaning they'd rather just jump in an existing one than be responsible for the rest of the group. I can see that, but all that means is make sure everyone in the group knows the instance, knows what to do, and keeps up (if they don't keep up, wait for them). Easy. ;->

Uwk
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

They're in Frostfell Wonderland Village of course. Do you want to build a snowman? :p
  19. Talathionwins Active Member

Some people are dominant, some people are submissive. Unfortunately 95% of the people are Submissive, whilst 1% are dominant. 4% only play with certain players.
  20. Llwellyn Active Member

It's very much this. I'd happily assemble the group - but I don't know the content yet. People get all kinds of twisted when you've put the group together but don't know the content you are wanting to run - and fairly rightfully so. Then, you have the people that just don't want to have to put up with herding squirrels (I mean keeping the flow of the dungeon going...yeah), dealing with the fallout of a bad pull, or any of the other fun that comes with a pick-up-group.

With the amount of strategy-heavy content that is in this expansion, it's very much an issue that is causing 20 people to stand together all still shouting LFG when there are 3 to 4 perfectly good groups right there that could have started their runs 10 minutes ago. It's not like running dungeon finder groups in World of Warcraft towards the end of Mists, when Heroic meant nothing and it didn't matter one iota who was actually leading the group. If you didn't know the content, just run towards where everyone was fighting, hit (or shoot) the mobs a bit, and look great while doing it.

EQ2 dungeons have always been a bit better than that, even when people overlevel them by a little bit. You have to outlevel them to the point of triviality before you get to that kind if inanity - and that's actually a good thing. People just aren't used to it actually taking work to PUG. There's also a hell of a lot of people running around that need to reassess gear, reforging, and AA choices desperately for AOM.

The first thing I did was realize how screwed up mine was, so I read some posts on here, and made some adjustments (I totally ganked Silzin's spec and tweaked it a bit... imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, you know!). I gained 150,000HP without changing any gear - then swapped gear and gained another 100,000 plus almost 15% block. I was running at 210% reuse due to the AAs I had been using plus all of the gear and adornments - changing around the AAs and gear and then reforging back down to 100% really boosted my efficiency and survivability. Once I get a bit further into the signature line and have access to the rest of the armor and can pick the pieces that I want - I might actually hit the 1 million mark.

It will be good to be able to put on the rest of the new adornments I just dropped a ton of coin for, too. They really should say on them in the tooltip that they can only be applied to level 96+ gear. Especially since the error message that you get back when trying is not exactly lucent about what the problem is.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Livejazz like this.