Where have the Adventure Packs gone?

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-cyri, May 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-cyri Guest

[p]I don't follow the game news all that closely, but I was wondering where the Adventure Packs have gone? I believe they promised an expansion once a year and adventure packs to fill in between. Which was working out to be 1 expansion and 2 adventure packs per year.[/p][p]Have they made any announcements for future adventure packs?[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

they scraped the idea in favor of free stuff, like unrest and neriak.
  3. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

Which I like MUCH better. I wish that they would do what WoW (I hate when I refer to WoW) did and add a Harder raid instance. Not now since the new expansion is coming out...but after the expansion comes out.
  4. ARCHIVED-Israphil Guest

But...but...I liked the mythical items :(
  5. ARCHIVED-initocian Guest

I dont see why they couldn't just put a nice Mythical Item on the main end-boss of a expansion...Venril Sathir?
  6. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

My problem with Adventure packs was that not everyone would have them, so sometimes getting a group much less a raid together to finishe the end content was next to impossible. as it stands I might or might not be able to finish the Mara Questline until 80... You know Mara would have seen a LOT more action if you could buy a house there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Wasn't Island of Mara free? I have it unlocked for my account, but I have never bought it and I don't have Station Access. Not that I disagree with what you said, it could/can indeed sometimes be a problem to gather people to do things in the Adventure packs, because not all bought them.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

[p]It wasn't originally, might have changed with time or you might have a fluke.[/p][p]Althoug the City and surrounding hillsides could have been wider.[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

Thanks for clearing that up. I will cross my fingers and hope it stays unlocked for me :)
  10. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Accually the origanal Plan was 2 big expaintions a year, with 1 or 2 Adventure packs in between, basicly every 2 months or so an Adventure pack would come out, and every 6 months an expaintion. This was scraped almost Imediatly as they could not get 2 adventure packs out between expaintions, then to top it off they moved with EoF from 2 expantions a year to 1 expaintion a year, and then desided that Big Free content(neriak/Unrest) was better then Huge Content for a Price(Adventure Packs), as a way to keep people between the Giagantic Addtions for a Price(expaintion packs).
  11. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

[p]I have purchased all the expansions and adventure packs to date and in spite of that I would like to see SOE make the existing Adventure packs free content upgrades to all players. I have things in both Splitpaw and Fallen Dynasty that are almost impossible to work on without a lot of pre-planning simply due to the number of people who have them.[/p][p] [/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

I also own all the packs, and agree they really should make them available to all, if not by just flaging everyone with access, then by including it in the next "all in one" expaintion pack... in other words RoK.
  13. ARCHIVED-Elding Guest

I thought the Adventure Packs were included when I bought EOF to start in EQ2. I guess they are not. But still plenty of content left for me to get through.
  14. ARCHIVED-Uproar Guest

[p] So what about the All Access Advertisements that said I would get these periodic (yearly or twice yearly on average) expansions for free? [/p][p]When are we getting our discount for the removal of this stated 'Perk'?? I would guess that value at around 10-12 per year.[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-cidienboulve Guest

I thought I was flagged for all of them too with EoF, but it was just the bloodline chronicles.
  16. ARCHIVED-SkuaII Guest

huh? so whats Adv packs are free now? lol
  17. ARCHIVED-Celline-Layonaire Guest

[p]In fact, removal of the adventure packs is a WAY better and enjoyable sign to see.[/p][p]Back when the Gamasutra interviewed Scott, he said EoF was their experimentation ground and[/p][p]RoK will be the first to fully take advantage of one-year expansion cycle. ;) [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Vifarc Guest

Good idea! Make the packs free for all, and give some rewards in-game for those who have bought them. What I find sad is those who don't want to pay more can't group with me in these zones.
  19. ARCHIVED-AdmiralWilbur Guest

[p]I just liked the idea of new content being added in between expansion packs so if they give it away with free updates or charge a small fee for Adv Packs...it's all the same to me.[/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Yaggaz Guest

[p] [/p][p]Yeah a few bucks is just SO much to pay for an adventure pack. Guess we all live in poverty these days.[/p]