Where do the Tinkerers rare blueprints drop?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-daboa, Feb 19, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-daboa Guest

Where do the tinkerers rare blueprints drop? I have killed many mobs at many dif lvl's since release and have NEVER seen one drop ever. But they are for sale on broker and rather expensive too. So there rare there out there, i just donno what i need to kill to get my safty recaller and waste of money repairer? hehe any help is much much appreciated
  2. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

I have seen the reconstructor blue print (mender bot) drop in Obelisk of Blight 2 times now. They are rare drops, so they are quite pricey....
  3. ARCHIVED-Ookami-san Guest

[p]I just saw the constructor drop last night... and won it. I'm a 350 tinkerer, but I gave it to another guy in the group (guildy) who is also a 350 tinkerer. The way it is now, I would never make it.[/p][p]All of the rare blueprints are cr*p. Too much money, too little return.[/p][p] [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Wiggidywak Guest

Why, Why, Why oh why are they making this single charge item so expensive to make!! 5 xegonite clusters is bad enough (i know that you get 3 back), but come on.... 10 of the pristine repair materials at 60g each is absolutely insane!
    An absolute rip-off of a crafted item.
  5. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

I was whineing about call of the tinkerer components, I mean yea it's nice it's unlimited charges but OMG the 3 loams needed and an hour cooldown toboot.. Ok actually 6 but 3 are given back after making it. Still Geesh! I mean really how overpowered is it to just zap to your group more frequently then once per hour. Then again AS soon as i make mine I will use it every time i can, even if it's under a foot away. I'll tell everyone ok stop pulls for a few seconds, I'm using this stupid thing cause it cost way too much.
  6. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

The repair bot is basically a raid-only item. A raid can easily cough up the money.

It is almost impossible to get blueprints below the current maximum tier. T8 blueprints are relatively easy to aquire (if you are prepared to spend several plat). But I have a really hard time finding the lower level blueprints. I've been searching the broker 1-2 times a day for the last few months and I have never even seen the rep bot, the lower level hover platform and one or two other blueprints.

Blueprints have a very small probability to drop from any mob. It seems to be around the same probability for a random mob to drop a master. Maybe it's a tiny bit better but not much. So basically it can drop off mobs around the level of the recipe.
  7. ARCHIVED-Drash Guest

daboa wrote:
    Look here.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lancelotte Guest

Is the reconstructor blueprint a body drop or chest drop ? (or can it be looted even on gray con mobs??)
    Thanks
  9. ARCHIVED-jolissa3 Guest

Wiggidywak wrote:
    ummm .... what do you mean by single charge? Yes, it's expensive but once you have made it, you have it for life.
  10. ARCHIVED-Caethre Guest

OOC.
    The only Blueprint I have seen drop is the Call of the Tinkerer one. It seems to drop from the undead frogloks at the front of Sebilis (I've seen it drop there twice), but its very rare of course.
    However, as an aside, there is far too much unjustified negativity on this thread from a couple of people, in my view. Some of these Tinkerer-made items are not only good, they are truely fantastic, and frankly, very very cheap for the price, especially considering how truely trivial it is to maximize your Tinkering skill. It took me three evenings to get from 0 to 400, it was so fast.
    The COT device uses 6 silicate loams yes (you get 3 back with pristine, so it really only uses 3 loams). For this you get a PERMANENT Call-of-the-Tinkerer item. If you think that's too expensive, you need your head examining - I'd use 30 loams to get that item! Just think, really think, how powerful such an item is. For example, send a monk (or any FD class, or even anyone who can get there) to the bottom of a dungeon, to find *any* safe spot. Send a Conjuror down with call-of-the-tinkerer, jumping to his position. Then call the rest of your group. Voila - sometimes, hours saved. Or ... arrive late for your group/raid? No problem - just jump straight to them! No charges - you can do this from the same item FOREVER. Geez, if you think 3 loams is too high a price to pay for such a powerful ability, then you have your effort/reward indicators badly calibrated.
    The Wormhole generators for Antonica and Commonlands? Free ports for non-druids/sorcerers anyone? Again, these are permanent items, not items with charges. Sure, these two use rares, but they are amazingly cheap for what they do.
    The 97% Feign Death items? These don't even use rares!
    The Safety Recaller? Ok, this item uses three vanadium clusters and gives you just 20 charges of "evac". Being an item with charges, that makes it less good, but 20 charges is still a lot, and for a non-evac class to get evac is more than a little nice!
    I have all the above recipes from the broker in just a few days. Now, the one that I have so far not got is the Mender Bot. [Edited Next Bit due to post above] - Well, if this item is not a single charge, but is a permanent item too with a long recast, then it too is absolutely superb!! I will get one as soon as I can get hold of the recipe. I was going to say that if it really was 6p in materials and used 2 rares as well, for just a single charge, then that would be too pricey to be useful, but the above poster has indicated it is permanent.. I won't know first hand until I make this one.
    Overall tho, the complaints I've seen in this thread are unfounded. If anything, Tinkering is overpowered for it's simplicity as it is.
  11. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Belaythien wrote:
    FYI the mender bot LOOKS LIKE a 1 charge item but it is unlimited. I just got one myself made by a guildie who has the recipe and I was like wait.. I thought it was forever??? It is.

If you look on the broker at any time on my server there are maybe 3 pages of blueprints. I'd say extremely more rare than masters since there are at least 3-5 pages of each class's T8 masters up at any time.
    I agree they are all very overpriced on the market, the items are cool but even the attunable ones (like wormholes for example) have no room for profit or ever getting your money back from paying 15P for the recipe. I did spring 10p for the wormholes because I want them for 4 of my own toons but some of them have to wait till I harvest more rares which I lost patience for after I was able to make 4 lol. I wouldn't mind paying for EITHER the recipe or the rares to make it but when you have to pay 20p for a recipe then 10-15p on rares to make it, overpriced.
    FYI The wormholes use 3 rares, need 6 Tynnoniums to make it, returns 3 to you.
    You forgot the totally awesome overclocked manastone & lifestone too.
    I've had one drop for me during EoF, I think in Klak anon while leveling an alt, it was a stupid adornment. I have 1 max and one almost there tinkerers, I adore all my toys, I hate not having all the recipes (completion thing) but glad I had guildies who had the recipes I couldn't find (or refused to pay 25p for).
  12. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I love the tinkered items.
    The mender bot is amazingly useful for guilds that raid. I funded the one I take to guild raids myself (since I couldn't find the recipe I had to get one made). The call of the tinker is really useful as well. I've only used the wormhole generator I have a couple of times, but they are pretty darn nice too. That gives me a 3rd (I'vebeen too lazy to get the splitpaw thing) port. There's no point in time when I don't have at least 1 port home or close to it available.
    They are pricey to make, but the many of the items are just wonderful to have. If you don't think you'd use it, don't buy the recipe. /shrug
    My only issue with the dropped blueprints is that they are rarer than master spells from what I've seen. I've seen 3 blueprints drop since tinkering was introduced. That's a pretty sad rate.
  13. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

The simple answer as it has been explained by devs previously - "BALANCE"

Tinkering was originally pitched as a way to augment skills to your character you wish you had but didnt. Of course it sounded good but in theory created HUGE balance issues so systematically items have been nerfed or were adjusted before prime time to be nothing more than "in case of emergency" or fluff items. Lets face it, FD with a 30 minute re-use timer is truly only to be used in an emergency situation.

An evac device that gets 20 charges and basically cost 20g for each use, emergency.

Rez items that fail more than succeed, fluff or maybe as a last resort, they have like a 10 minute recast as well with low chance of success. Swarm pets that come out screaming (in agony as they get killed within 1.2 seconds).

There are few of the tinkered items that can become a staple in your arsenal, they rest are just nice to haves. I dont mind the expense of the items but its the usefulness or lack thereof I typically question.

The Overclocked Hover Device is the most rare blueprint in the game, period. I have not seen one on the broker in over a year now and the last one was being sold for like 360p or something ludicrously close to that. The device is a fluff mount that disappears when you climb a wall and thus, uses a charge. Disappears when you zone and thus uses a charge, etc. This mount has no stats and yet somewhow became the ultra rare blueprint. Next is the Gnomish Safety Recaller and then the Reconstructor which of the three is the most useful.

The mender bot has a single charge per zone which appears to be on a timer now as well but is unlimited charges. Yes it cost 6p in fuel to make it plus the rares which go for about 30g each now. So really, spending 7p on an item that allows you to repair wherever you are (especially in raiding situations) is awesome. I do wish the overage charges were going back to the tinkerer that owned the item to offset the cost, now that would be a boon!

I wish the charge thing would simply go away, make them all Mastercrafted items with unlimited charges. Fluff items, fine leave them charged so anyone can use them and give tinkerers a few things to sell.
  14. ARCHIVED-Lenefir Guest

Flipouille@Storms wrote:
    All the tinker blueprints are (wooden) chest drops from non-grey mobs. That is why they are so rare. For comparison the transmuter recipes are body drops from all kinds of mobs.

I have yet to get some of the lower level blueprints on my character simply because I have outlevelled the content and there are none on the broker whenever I check.
  15. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Wiggidywak wrote:
    It recharges itself every time you zone. It is not really single charge.
    I paid someone with the recipe to make me one. It was worth it. But, speaking of charges, the darn robot charges you to do the repairs. It charges double the usual rate and it keeps the money for itself. It even charges me! I own him, and he charges me to fix my gear.
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    Once per hour per zone, to be precise.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lancelotte Guest

Is the Call of the tinkerer a tradable item, or can it only be used by the tinkerer itself ??
  18. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Flipouille@Storms wrote:
    Yes and Yes. It can be traded but requires tinkering skill to use it.
  19. ARCHIVED-Ohiv Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    OOoOOOOOO you mean the repair bot isn't consumed when it's used.. OOOOOOOO cool. Granted it still charges too much, but ehh if I can summon him once an hour that's more then enough for me. Humm do i have any xegonite clusters around I picked up the recipie dirt cheap (as in 6p) but never made it. :)