Where do I grind quick status?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tharrakor, Dec 10, 2015.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

dirt encrusted keys - 500+pp each. 5-9 keys per run every 2 hours
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

So selling things to other people, rather then getting it straight from quests and mobs. Makes more sense then a straight 'grind'.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

ToT have big problem - no cash loot.. biggest and fattiest on chest AS (like Algorithm of D) net you at most (with all ornates from trash, with all cash loot items and quest rewards) about 10-12pp per run ... Key events - 1pp .. compare with AoM - item triggered events - 5.8pp and that similar proportion in terms how much cash you can squeeze from AS run
    But .. ToT happens to have demand on endless supply of keys
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

We don't need plat chests, the quests and vendor trash already rain plat down on us.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Where?!?!?! I did not see much trinkets that drops and sells for cash in ToT .. unlike AoM where trinkets were plentiful
    Quests in TOT have very insignificant cash reward attached (like 1pp) again unlike AoM - 5pp
    Heck is ToT have rain of cash it probably as common as rain in Sahara :)
  6. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I bought the 7 pack crates, which list for 4999 SC. I averaged 20 million status per 7 pack.
    Add on a +50% status potion for 799(?) SC, bring that up to average 30 million per crate.
    So, one should be able to get about 90 million status for 15796 SC (14216 SC if All-access), which would cost one about $110. It can be a lot less if one is willing to wait for a double status day.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Not all of the vendor trash sells for plats, but whenever I go to empty my bags, I've always got at least a few that sell for several plat. They're mostly from instances as i don't do much random slaughter in overland zones. Chance of duck zone not-withstanding, I work better with goals then with random slaughter for random chance stuff.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I heard so much about duck zone .. is this type "don't ask don't tell" or you can share some clue how one get in that zone? :)
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, randomly kill overland mobs, then there's a chance of a portal to the zone spawning.
    Again, random slaughter isn't my thing, so I've never seen it. Probably never will.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I can do mass slaughter for L&L parts :)
    This is interesting ... There are 2-3 spots where I do random slaughter anyway to clean space for key quest.. I clear sea of terrors and fishes before shroom key quest, I clear snakes before immolated goblin quest (I tend to use a lot PBAoE which unavoidable attract everything within 20m radius :), I clear abberants in my endless quest to extinguish fire (still can do only 2 quenching :))
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

I clear things when I do the key quests, but that's not random, it's for a reason ;) =P
    I hear you though :)
  12. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Sorry my fault, $110 for one single item is much better.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

Well, outside of dropping $100+ dollars worth of DBC I'd still love to hear more thoughts on the fastest status gaining method. I've started watching the broker for purple adorns and runes but the bottom end of that market seems to have been cleaned up some already. Otherwise, I basically concluded that tradeskill rush orders are my best bet since I can push one of those out in under 3 minutes for 31,200ish status per writ. Over the long run, outside of heavy influxes of plat or DBC I can't think of anything else that I can earn 10k status per minute that is sustainable. Downside? Well, since my character that I'm interested in getting to 100 million on is currently in the 36 million range I only have somewhat over 1950 writs to go. Yay?

I do have nebulous newsies in my journal still too that isn't factored into my 1950 writs. I'm going to keep it there until I approach the end of my status goal in case we get a double status weekend. I have to admit, if we get a DBC sale over the holidays I may have to break down and supplement my current balance with some real money to try the merc method mentioned above.
  14. Jaden Well-Known Member

-----------------------

o-0
  15. Jaden Well-Known Member

----------------------

o-0