Where Did My Page Go?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Solzak, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Solzak Member

EVERY other forums software I've ever used returns you to the page you were on after logging in. This is the ONLY one that doesn't. I often get sent here by links in other places, and I don't get logged in automatically. I have to log in when I want to reply to something, but when I do, I get sent to the forums' 'front page' instead of back to the forum and thread I was viewing.

Since just about every other forums software does it, I know its possible. I can't believe it's been this way for all the years and all the iterations the EQ2 forums have undergone. PLEASE Fix This ASAP! Its just ridiculous to leave it this way.

Sure, I can do the workaround. Hit the back button until I return to the page I want, then refresh so it knows I'm logged in. But again.. its ridiculous that I have to do so.
    Malleria likes this.
  2. Thand Well-Known Member

the sony forums automatically log out when you either close your browser or are idle for a period of time. It is Annoying they will not let you stay logged in but they do this for Security i guess. It will Never auto log you in you have to manualy log in every time
  3. m4v3r Member

That's not the problem Thand.
    I have this too, when I get to the forums here without logging in, I'm always thrown back to the main forum after doing so.

I found a way around it, though:
    Just open the "Sign In" link in a new tab, after successfully being logged in there go back to the first tab and just refresh it.
    You should be in the same thread but logged in, if the ling process in the new tab didn't take so long that the thing that Thand said starts to come into play...

Hope this helps ya. ;)
    Finora likes this.