Where can I get the Dashing armor?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by High Elf, Oct 24, 2013.

1. High Elf Active Member

I checked the wiki but could not find out where the Dashing Armor comes from. I am using it as my appearance items. So far I have the Tunic, Shouldercuffs, and Pantaloons. Do tailors make this? Or is it from a quest or some vendor? I need to get the forearms, gloves, and boots. I saw gloves on the broker but they were way too many plats, and I don't believe it's worth that much.
  2. Alexaandria Member

High Elf likes this.
  3. High Elf Active Member

Thanks Alexandra that certainly looks like it. I have some of it on which you can see by clicking the link in my sig. But, the one on wiki says it's only wearable by swashbucklers. Also, I think mine says "appearance only" on it, and also says it's level 1. So, I'm not sure it's the same since mine doesn't boost any stats. The Cogs on the Droads quest is lvl 55 which is too high for me. I got the parts I have from the broker for less than a plat each. But, I still need the gloves and shoes and possibly forearms for it. Not sure I like the hat.
  4. Airos Active Member

http://eq2.zam.com/search.html?q=dashing

The gear in question only drops from a level 80 Heroic mob. The only piece you're missing would be the gloves, as there's no boots, forearms or hat.

A quick tip to help you search the numerous, and sometimes confusing, sites and databases.

[IMG]
    From anyone's EQ2U profile, you can click directly on an item, which will take you to a page that shows that items Examine Window.

[IMG]
    From there you'll see links to a bunch of different sites. EQ2i is the Wikia site, but Zam has much more information about where items come from, such as if it's a drop, crafted or purchased.

[IMG]
    From here, you can click on the name of the mob, and that page will show you all the known drops from that mob. Naturally, that will include all the "Dashing" gear for this specific mob.

I wish you luck, as collecting full sets of gear can be both addicting and expensive. Just wait until you have a house and want to start placing mannequins to show off all those beautiful sets. :D
    Sapienta and High Elf like this.
  5. High Elf Active Member

Thanks Airos for that great answer. Now I know how to find things like this. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the gloves someday. Not gonna be lvl 80 for a while.
  6. Airos Active Member

Not a problem. Zam isn't going to have an answer for every item, so don't ever hesitate to ask around if your searches turn up blank.
  7. Occam Well-Known Member

Airos gets the trophy for "most help post"! :)
    Spindle likes this.
  8. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Hey high elf big question for me here is how much plat is too much plat? As you can see I too am on Everfrost and if it is not a stupefying amount I may be able to help you out. Either with a bit of plat, or with a bit of farming(bit more difficult since getting just the drop you need is a matter of chance), or perhaps with a bit of PLing. If none of the above suits your needs I also have all nine crafters so I can help kit you out so your own run up to levels is a bit smoother.

Unfortunately I leave for work in about 15 minutes and won't be back online until about 9:30 PM CDT (UTC/GMT -6 Not sure where you are located so I thought I would be complete here hehe). Look for me as (bit of a list here sorry) Ahupu, Trinadie, Machalek, Slicin, Paynendrear, Gokette, Vegeetah, Lilahu, Megahnya, or Ebonmoon there are about 12 more I could be on but these are the most likely ones. If none of them are on like everyone else I monitor general chat so you can ask there if I am on in any form. Even if you do not want help for this, feel free to shoot me a tell and if I do not know the answer I can generally find it.
    High Elf likes this.
  9. High Elf Active Member

Thanks Ahupu that is very nice of you. Since I don't have much money yet and the cheapest dashing gloves are 16p on our broker that is beyond my budget. I don't really need the gloves as they are just for decoration. But, I have many questions about how the game works. So many questions that I can't post them all here and possibly drive everyone crazy. I only have this character Azeladam and I'll try to look for you later on. Thanks again.
  10. Ahupu Well-Known Member

Quick note on my break, if you want the gloves 15 pp isn't too much. All I ask is you help someone else out when you have the means to do so. As for questions I am glad to answer anything I can.