Where are control settings saved to?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mindsway, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Whenever I make toons on another server, I notice all my controls settings (keyboard, mouse, movement settings, etc.) have been reset to default and I have to change them all again back to my preferences. Are these settings saved in a file somewhere or are they stored server side? It would be easier if I could just load a file or whatever so I could keep them handy.

They aren't saved to UI settings because I get the option to load one of my toons' UI settings when I create the character.
  2. Proxopid New Member

You can manually save your keymaps locally (on your pc --> somewhere in the game folder) using the command
    /save_keymaps filename

and then just load them on your new toon:
    /load_keymaps filename
    Mindsway likes this.
  3. Null New Member

I have further questions and problems with this myself. I have 2 accounts. First one was set up exactly like I like it. I then used the /save_keymaps command to save the key map. On my second account, I used /load_keymaps mykeymaps and it works. Problem is it never has never actually saved it. I have to /load_keymaps mykeymaps every time I log in.

In fact, now my first account is messed up and I have to /load_keymaps mykeymaps on both accounts every time I log in now.

How can I get it to save?
  4. Lemilla Active Member

As posted by Fringe on the old forums, back in 2006 ... (yes, very old bug)

Rosyposy and Mindsway like this.
  5. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone!
  6. Rotherian Well-Known Member

They should be in UI settings, so if they are not, then you should /bug it so they can figure out why it isn't saving when you switch to a new toon.

Are you streaming or do you have the game stored locally (on your computer)? (I ask this because I have mine saved locally and I don't experience the bug, so it -> might <- be a contributing factor if you stream EQ2.)
  7. Mindsway Well-Known Member

It's never been in the UI settings as far as I know. And yes I have it stored locally.
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I'm referring to what comes up when you type /load_uisettings. (Which is the same window that comes up when you log in to a new character.)
  9. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yes so am I.
  10. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Keymaps are separate from and not saved in the UI Settings. Keymaps are saved in the game's Keyboards directory.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Ok. Just so I am sure we are talking about the same thing, are you referring to the things you can set in Options > Controls > ______ Keys, or something else entirely?