Where all this cash coming from?!?!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by DoomDrake, Feb 19, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Ok, no offence meant, no red flag to raise but just trying to understand what happen recently (like may be 1 week or so) and what happens at this x-pack.
    Declaimer - I am not blaming anyone or anything more like curious what happen?
    Here is what I see in terms of evolution of market price (and market is the clear indicator of balance of supply vs. demand). Saying that I seen rather strange dynamic for the recent week or so (and with this x-pack as well)
    I do understand that plat may chance hands (which is fine) but plat should come from somewhere to begin with.
    What I have seen is price drift for CH 14 resolve armor pieces - from last week prices grown from 120k or so (for pieces like gloves/shoulders/bracers) all way to 300-450k for same pieces (and sure as hell I see DIFFERENT players name who buying it). I do see rare shiny sells for like 1-1.6M a piece, 1K Pot jewels easy started clock around 400-600k a piece (from 150-200k week ago). On other hand rare harvest deflated, metal encrusted key price deflated. In a matter of fact price of keys deflated in same time with price increase for 14 resolve pieces from CH to the point that selling keys no longer better solution compare to unpacking them.
    I guess what I am trying to comprehend what cause this HUGE plat influx in game (I am not talking about plat changing hands - I am talking about plat coming in game from ... what?)
  2. Adrihaen Member

Maybe folks with a whole lot of loyalty points? I do hate to see this kind of inflation. And it can get worse. A Krono may sell for 500k-700k here but in EQ they sell around 2.5 million plat. I hope EQ2 finds a way to keep that for occurring.
  3. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Loyalty won't generate this kind of money not even close for many miles
    I did not spend loyalty (at least much) for like year and have my 12 year award hence I am clocking around 1175 or so loyalty points - so go figure how much plat I can get for that - well not that much - not a million by a long mile.
    Plat have to be generated by some mean within game - okey I got it - few folks got lucky with burnt key (1M plat or so) but how many such folks? in game drops sells for **** (hence not a source). To get this kind price inflation plat influx have to millions a day from the game
  4. Poemaon Member

It's Coming from an Exploit/Bug, there was an Item you can buy for 7c and Sell for 7g (or something like this) it was in the Tower from Phantom See, maybe some more Exploits/Bugs.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

For awhile, some quest/key or something was giving LOTS of plat by mistake. It has been stopped but the money was still kept and is being used. Wasn't an exploit, just a mistake that stopped by DBG but nothing more that we know of.
  6. Tekka Well-Known Member

And by lots it was 1+ million per instance.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Guys I doubt highly that the burnt key mistake was more than a drop in the bucket.

The exploit "unadornment spell resale" Poemaon mentioned above added Billions of Plat into the game that wasn't removed.

And more than likely, most of the people who made bank on the exploit sat on it, and are now slowly starting to circulate it through the game.
    DoomDrake and Spindle like this.
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

I am not convinced of there being any large increase in prices for slr items taking place. Doom, I just wonder if you happened to see a few particularly high sales and are assuming that is a broad change. I've observed some of what you mention but have also seen quite a few of the 1k pot items going for low amounts relative to what they often do (like, 150 to 200k rather than 750k and more.)
  9. EQ_Jack Active Member

I can only share what I observe.

The new expansion is heavily gear and resolve based and Twark and higher gear (bloody tooth) is almost required to get going if you are trying to get into the game quickly. So....players are buying kronos on my server like gang busters and they are going for 400,000 plat or more on the A.H. and this is causing gear price inflation as a result.

around kronos -->to plat-->to gear, I see a lot of auctioning as well for in game loot the chest for UBER gear going on, and so there is that in-flux as well.

I should also mention that I see massive activity in people (BOTS??) farming for plat. For example Sky Shrine is still active and I'm sure there are other spots as well where active farming is going on. Though unclear how this ties into things. plat farmers buy the kronos? then sell the kronos for cheaper than you can buy at DBG? (I'm not sure how this all works :).

Ultimately there is a lot of turbulence going on at the moment, I suspect it will calm down in 5-6 months, and then repeat with the next big thing (expansion) down the road. well maybe ;)
  10. Conifur Well-Known Member

People are feeding the machine that DBG put in place to generate cash flow for them. Therefor it will continue. Put in a gear score (Resolve) and people will spend anything to reach it.
    Tekka and Meneltel like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have seen a marked increase in prices as well. For instance Kaborite Clusters were selling for around 30p each and suddenly they are 120p each and they are not in short supply on the broker. I refuse to pay that so I go and harvest my own but Doom is correct, something is going on. As usual though, I am oblivious as to what it is.
    Meneltel likes this.
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Folks I am not talking about circulation of plat within game -I'd care less if money just change hands and please not forget DB introduced that strong plat sink - infusion!. Give or take it take around 80k to fully infuse good item (hence about 1-2M to fully infuse self).
    Now about Kronos - they are NOT generating plat - they merely making plat change hands. SLR also merely instrument of changing hands for plat as well
    I do buy that spell selling bug "could" brought in tame billions of plat but in that case I am surprise was no bans and no plat removal from DB side.
    I was closely monitored today and yesterday prices and it seems that 1K Pot jewels goes for 500+K and the ONLY piece of gear that goes fairly "cheap" (from CH 14 resolve armor) is head piece (which is no surprise to me because 11 resolve piece with very similar stats so common drop) - and cheap mean 100-120k! (at the odd time if I may say as well).
    From what I can see sound like somewhere between Dec and now in economy been infused billion of plats
    Mermut likes this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

But don't you found somewhat... unusual... 750k for a piece of jewels that not even close to be crucial and MANY DIFFERENT ppl buying it.
    Back in summer time - selling "some" eth runes for 1-2M was extreme rare event and only few ppl had that much money on the hands - now (half year later) it seems that A LOT ppl have that much money on hands - that what make me wonder ... where hell it came from?
  14. Kaarkula Active Member

I've never seen basic armor pieces sell for that much...

the 1000 potency pieces will sell from 300k-1.5 mil.. the armors is like 5k-50k
  15. Fleurs Active Member

I think Skyshrine is farmed for the same reason than Ossuary contested, Brokenskull contested and Highkeep contested: tithes XP.
  16. Xerikton Active Member

I am glad someone else is noticing all of this as for several weeks have been wondering the same thing. are kronos being bought and sold much more now than before because plat is being thrown at JUNK drops. the better drops are just out of sight.

I remember being in a pug ka heroic group when two crappy fable jewelry drops sold for 10k each. the leader said not to worry as some idiot would buy them. the plat was split evenly between us. but that 3k in plat isn't much.

you cant farm masters any more as the prices have been flushed down the drain. the ascension spell component drops are now almost non existent. too many are selling crafted items.

where is all of this plat coming from is a disturbing question.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  17. rutro Well-Known Member

Not sure how it affects the market, but on AB you have the same 2-3 people Selling Loot Rights everyday. If it is indeed the same 2-3 people (or maybe the same person on different accounts)....it would appear that the selling loot right people will have a heyday with the market. Basically, control the market. It is somewhat money changing hands, but look what it does to the cost of things and why would a new person even group if they can just pick and choose and buy all their stuff? To me, it defeats the general purpose of an MMO- group to get stuff. A new player or returning player either has to BUY the gear from SLR and or use krono to get everything they need. I agree that people should be able to solo if they want, but maybe a stand alone game would be better for them. People were making a fortune off keys, and SLR, kronos and there are probably people left that have tons of duped plat from AOM.
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Is it Tuesday already?
    VGScastaway and DoomDrake like this.
  19. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

armor prices directly linked to the type
    11 resolve yeah it goes not horribly expensive (even legs/chest) - but not for 5k :) (hook me up if you have it for sell that cheap :D) I'd say around 20ish for 11 resolve is more or less common with spike 70-110 for chest/leg pieces
    Jewels is what surprise me - yeah 1K pot jewels boost notably (from 600-700 that you get from raid loot) but paying 300-1M for that? what the source of all that money? I should be somewhere plat mill that keep grinding it in game :)
  20. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

It make things even more interesting ah? If money have 1 direction from SLR buyers to the group of folks who are farming hell out of CH (14 resolve armor) that mean plat keep constantly coming ... from somewhere?
    As I said before many times - changing hands WILL NOT drive prices up ... plat influx from somewhere widely available for many folks sure as hell will
    Meneltel likes this.