When to stop using the PGT?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-sjastein, Dec 15, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

I usually roll with the vicious sai, prismatic, and ironwood i cant run out of power its impossible lol! I am still pissy about the dark fury of anuk(reward for long peacock quest) not procing from the bow but everyone always tells me quit your cryin melee weapons shouldnt proc from the bow anyway so i dont complain to much :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

Replaced it with the Shortsword of the Ykesha. Now use that and the Serrated Bone Dirk. Looking to replace with cobalt falchions or something soon. I have to admit though I know nothing of all the number crunching stuff you guys are saying. Is the PGT still effective at 50+? Mine is hung on my wall at the moment.

I dont or very rarely raid and tend to solo a good 50% of the time which means lots of melee time usually. Mind you I'm discovering how good Thorny Trap is though.
  3. ARCHIVED-kopingOwen Guest

Well i gave up PGT before LU13.... becouse back then it grayed out and the proc would get resisted by anything over lv 42ish.. now it seems with the new system that SOE screwed up and the wepons procs don´t get resisted... they should fix that soon i think sad but true a lv what is it... 30ish weapon proc should get resisted by a mob 2x the lv of the weapon... my 2 cents worth too me its just another exploit
  4. ARCHIVED-Kaelos_CZ Guest

Yes. I admit it. I still use pgt when my power gets low. I also still use Zig's Bloodletter and Gem Chopper Short Sword with imbued ironwood longbow.

Exploit or not, will be or not be nerfed; whatever happens, adjustments will be made and I will adapt to it.

Ranon 60 Rng.
    Najena
  5. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

My proc was never resisted pre-LU13/expansion, on any mob all the way up to 52 or so, so I'm not sure where you're getting this.

Anyways, on raids I like to stay away from AOEs, so like others I only move into close quarters for a quick Elude and maybe a backstab, which is never enough to let my PGT have more than a couple swings anyways.

And of course if they change the way the mechanics work, I will adapt and overcome like we've been doing for a year now.
  6. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

PGT proc's off your bow. At level 60 you will never actually hit a mob using it for melee.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tover Guest

Since the moment I achieved the lvl needed to equip my PGT, I have never unequipped it.
    I recall on one of my first raids, well before DOF was released, While we were setting up the groups, I was ridiculed for using it by a prismatic equipped SK. Once the fight actually began I started to fire arrows and the SK yelled at me for it, as he thought I should be 100% in melee. When the dust settled I was the only person with a ton of power left, which got me another scolding from the SK. Then the parses were reported (several people at the raid were running them) and I was ontop. In a pre-DoF raid containing wizards and warlocks I had done the most total dmg and the most DPS, and I had done it without pulling aggro and without denting my power. The SK never again bothered me about my PGT or the way I play my Ranger.
    In the end, there is nothing wrong with a high lvl Ranger using a PGT even though it is grey. It is one of those weapons that simply makes us better with the bow, and it is pretty easy to get. If one day SOE adds heritage quests to get Swiftwind and Earthcaller I might replace the thing, but for now the PGT is my lil friend.
  8. ARCHIVED-Marcuzs Guest

My Dark Fury procs off my bow. Not sure if it was changed or not but it currently is procing.

I personally never really used the PGT. I sold it long before LU 13. I considered trying it for the ward but found they had nerfed it so didn't bother. I rarely ever go out of power so thats not even an issue for me, even before I got epic 2.0.
  9. ARCHIVED-Dasanhgul Guest

Guild group last nite killing cyclops in PoF for 5 hours straight, non-stop pulling... we'd stay in the middle, Fury would go out and pull them towards us and all hell would break loose, and before the 1st wave of mobs was dead, the Fury had more coming our way (amazing Bruiser tank that held aggro like a true champ). This is constant combat mode, rarelly we had a break...
    Wizards had to often stop for power regen, but my power would NEVER go bellow 70% <hugs his PGT>
    If I melee about 1% of the time (even if that), why would I need anything else in my melee slot ? :smileyhappy:
  10. ARCHIVED-Khevynn Guest

I NEVER used it when I got it. I was like oh ok, its not better than my Ebon Cresant Axe, so I tossed it up on the wall of the crib. While browsing the forum here last week, I saw this thread. Went home that evening from work, pulled it off the wall and went to go try it out. Let me say it will never leave my side. I used to run out of power at raids. Now I never get below 70% I still have my Axe, but I will keep it on me in case I have to go strait melee, but I dont' see that happening unless I solo.
  11. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

on topic: had PGT with SBD till a week ago, then switched my PGT for SSoY (greenhood finished at last). but i am carrying the PGT in my inventory, just in case i need the power regen.
    a bit off topic: i see prismatic 1.0 and 2.0 mentioned. i know of 'Prismatic Swiftblade of the Scale', and i know the Quest. but now i am confused. what version is that? and what's the name of the other version and the quest?
    --------------------------
    Ryilan Nightbreeze
  12. ARCHIVED-Kaelos_CZ Guest

Labeled as Prismatic 2.0

http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/items/DarkFurySabreofAnuk.php

[IMG]

It's a long series of quests starting with "A Damsel in Distress" http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/quests/ADamselinDistress.php
    and ends with "Wrapping it All Up" http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/quests/WrappingitAllUp.php

Message Edited by Kaelos_CZ on 12-21-2005 08:42 AM
  13. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

thx for the info Kaelos. so there came a new 'epic' quest with DoF then :smileyhappy:

Ryilan Nightbreeze
    Message Edited by jarlaxle888 on 12-22-2005 04:06 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

I've not had a chance to read the latest LU update notes and the only time I've had a chance to log in I was playing my baby brawler. Have they done something to do with off-hand proccing? If I want my PGT to proc off my bow do I need to move it to the primary hand, ot is that just for melee?
  15. ARCHIVED-Fennir Guest

My prismatic and PGT still proc off my bow post LU18.

Quite often I may add.
  16. ARCHIVED-jarlaxle888 Guest

from update notes:
    - Poisons (as well as other applied effects that have a chance to proc on a successful attack) now only trigger upon successful attacks made with the weapon in the primary hand. Note: Weapons with an inherent damage proc (like all crafted imbued weapons) are unaffected and will continue to proc regardless of which hand they are equipped in.
    that counts for PGT as well. so it will still go off on bow AND mellee. the 'main hand only' is only for poison and proc buffs, not procs on the weapon.
    Ryilan Nightbreeze
  17. ARCHIVED-Mentla Guest

Didn't we group the other day?.....
  18. ARCHIVED-Turtle Guest

Ok so I guess I should know what a PGT is...but I dont. I have caught on that its a weapon but, not sure of the actual name so I can look up the quest and considering my level I am guessing I have been missing out on something good for a very long time :smileysad:
    Can someone please post the actual name of this weapon, stats, who gives the quest...anything, PLEASE :smileyhappy:
    Message Edited by Turtle on 12-22-2005 04:34 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Crychtonn Guest

Polished Granite Tomahawk
    It's a heritage quest given by Osbid Boulderboom (sp ?) in the giant area of Thundering Steppes. Don't recall the stats but they are not that important. The thing that makes it usefull all the way up to 60 is the 5% proc that gives you around 200 mana plus a small ward and Str increase.
    It's basically a mana feed item.
  20. ARCHIVED-Turtle Guest

Just thought I would post it incase others were curious…these stats are supposed to reflect the latest stats (after revamp)
    Thanks for the info Crychtonn :smileyhappy:
    [IMG]
    Message Edited by Turtle on 12-22-2005 05:59 PM