When should I uprade my spells for the first time ?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-yzyh, May 13, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

I am now lvl 13 and kidna poor since this character is my first one.

I am wondering when should I upgrade 1 of my spell to Aprentice 2. And what spell should it be ?
  2. ARCHIVED-CrimsonAvenger Guest

Your first big upgrade should probably be blaze. Then I would get ice spike as you get closer to level 20.
  3. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Is laze really betther then my lighting spell ? I eman since my HO is workign witht that spell I just never use Blaze while soloing.

Also how can I upgrade this ? I must buy something from another player ? Do I have to Upgrade it to Aprentice 2 then 3 then Adept 1. or I can skip it all and pay for Adept 1 right now ?
  4. ARCHIVED-Molrot Guest

you can go straight to adept1 from any apprentice spell. i would take the other persons advice, upgrade blaze and definetely ice spike when you get it. save your money for the future, you'll need it. like when Dark Distortion is availabe at lvl23, you'll want an adept 3 to really wow people.
    at low levels, it is way easier to solo stuff so the need to upgrade spells and armor are not as important as later on.
  5. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

K and to what lvl should I upgrade these spell riht now at lvl 13 ? And Also how can I get these uprade ?
  6. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

You can generally find App 2 "upgrades" of your spells at the Sage vendors in each of the suburbs of your city. If you can afford it, you can jump right from App1 (the way you "learn" the spell when you first get it) all the way up to Adept 3--I generally do this with main spells that I've been planning to upgrade ASAP, like Dark Distortion. Prior to getting Dark Distortion at level 23, there's really not anything I'd suggest spending the coin to upgrade beyond Adept 1.

For buying Adept 1 versions of spells, be sure to check the broker AND the fence. Certain spells seem to be plentiful in one city and scarce in the other. Many times, I bought a Pally adept 1 off the fence, and still got it cheaper than it was on the Qeynos broker, even with the higher broker fee.

Edit: The App 2 versions are better than nothing, and they are cheap. My usual practice was to first check Broker/Fence for Adept 1 versions, or even App 3/App 4, before settling for App 2 if that was all I could find.

Message Edited by Oakbrow on 05-13-2005 01:58 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Molrot Guest

never heard of "the Fence" what and where is it?
  8. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

The Fence is a broker that sells goods from the other city. Don't know where he is in Freeport, but in Qeynos, she is in Qeynos Harbor,. Find her by swimming in the canal, under the entrance to the dock area. There will be a hole in the wall, go through it, then up a well-like tunnel (very short). Works just like a regular broker, only the commission is twice normal--to account for the cost of "blackmarket" goods from the other side of the world.
  9. ARCHIVED-Maheret Guest

oh could anyone please post the location of the "fence in freeport? wow all this time I never knew about it
  10. ARCHIVED-Tylis Guest

Maheret, the "Fence" is on that island that you can see in the East Freeport harbor from the regular Brokers window. Just swim out there and around to the back side where the stairs are. But be warned....there is a 40% markup on stuff from him.
  11. ARCHIVED-Maheret Guest

thanks I will check it out! I am aware of the markup, its still good to know tho if I need a spell or something I cannot find