when do we get the templar quest?

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Zircron, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Zircron Guest

Hello, I'm 50% through 18 and some people are telling me that you can start your class quest at 18, but I didn't recieve a quest like I did when I became a cleric. Do I have to start the quest myself or is it given to me like it was at level 9 when I turn 19?

Thanks for any help
  2. ARCHIVED-Flash2Adv Guest

you can start the quest at lvl 18
    but you get the quest at lvl 19
    she is someone near the temple of life in north qeynos dont remember the name :smileyhappy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Zircron Guest

4. ARCHIVED-Fearchar Guest

In beta, many people were starting the quests early, and then complaining that they were too hard. One of the developers come on and said that they had specifically been targeted at level 19 characters.

Also, there is not much point in finishing them early. You will not actually become a Templar until you ding 20 no matter what level you finished the quest -- and you more than likely will not be able to equip the rewards until then either.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kabilos Guest

You can physically go to the NPC and get the quest at 18. You recieve the hallmark quest at 19 if you havent physically done it at 18. I did it in beta at 19 it was easier. For some reason at 18 it was too difficult. I would say hold out as much as you can and get some xp over your marker.. like if you have an xp block at lvl 19 to go to 20.. keep getting exp .. get up as high as you can like 175% or 220% over so when you hit 20 you can just jump straight to 21.5 :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Dinian Guest

What is the advantage to overloading your xp versus just becoming a templar immediately and getting 21 while fighting as a 20 Templar?
  7. ARCHIVED-JFiz Guest

The only reason I know why people overload exp is because it may be easier for you to kill blues and greens for a while. Say on the Isle of Refuge, you can only get to 6. Someone may say "Hey, Im capped out at 6 but Im in this sweet group cruising through mobs right now. I'd rather get this steady exp flow then go to the mainland and not find a group." Same thing at 20. You may be in an awsome gnoll group that all of a sudden will go grey from green when you hit 20 so why not just stay in the group? I don't mind going over a bit, but I'm not one to get a whole lvl and a half saved up.
  8. ARCHIVED-Avraham Guest

I had to be one of those guys who couldn't wait and tried to finish the quest at lv. 18.

Keep in mind, one of the other priests (who was also 18) did finish the quest, I on the other hand, had major problems.

*Spoilers!*

I was able to take down the first, moving skelly, who conned Yellow to me. Then I walked through the room (staying at the center to avoid aggro from other mobs) medded and got ready to fight a group of three white mobs. I took the white mobs down, but each time I tried this part of the quest, I was almost OOM by the time I got to the third mob in the group.

My spells got resisted *a lot* and after you kill the group of three skelly's you have to fight one last mob who conned white. I was OOM and needed to med, but if you wait too long the first, walking (Yellow Con) skelly, pop's back and attacks,.. I didn't have enough MP for another fight, so instead of dying like the first time around, I zoned.

I'm waiting to try again at lv. 19. I was very worried my character was a problem until I read these boards where other clerics said trying to finish this quest at 18 was "very hard." I'm hoping lv. 19 makes a difference. I was also told to get my "Disruption" skill up since it was only 58/91 (to explain the resisted casts) so I'm solo'ing in an attempt to raise "Disruption" but its not working and I've only raised it 1 point. I'd say, if you have great gear you might suceed in this quest at lv. 18. My problem wasn't the Defense as much as not having enough MP.

Also, at 18.5 I got another smite spell which might turn the tide. I'll have to see how much MP it eats when I solo. Good luck everyone!
  9. ARCHIVED-Avraham Guest

Accidently posted twice,...
    Message Edited by Avraham on 11-20-2004 10:32 PM
  10. ARCHIVED-Eldur Guest

I was able to do this at 18, but it sounds like I used different tactics.

Spolier, so highlight between the lines below to see the text:

_______________________________________________________________________________

For the group of 3, you may want to fight them along the wall, or in one of the corners near the door.

Our heal efficiency is much better than our nuking efficiency when it comes to power usage, so I ended up tanking them instead of nuking them.

It takes a lot longer, but it's a good place for using the reactive heal.

You just need to be in a place where you won't aggro any adds when they pop up.

You can probably nuke until you're at 60% power, then save the rest for heals.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Good Luck...

Message Edited by Eldur on 11-21-2004 05:43 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Tinkletoy Guest

I dinged 18 this morning and did the quest at 0% into my lvl. I died my first try, but got it the 2nd time! When you zone into the instance, kill the fiery wanderer (yellow to me at 18) then run down the center and turn left, 3 more fiery mobs pop (even con at 18). I saved my radiance spell for them, and finished them off with just a bit of mana left. Medded next to the mob on the altar to full mana, and took him out, he was cake. The wanderer did pop, but I was out of aggro range back in the corner.