When do Mystics pick up?

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by ARCHIVED-Tylis, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Tylis Guest

Been playing my Ranger for a while now and over the 2x exp weekend decided to play a mystic for a while. I noticed that the "feel" of the game play is slow. (could just be compared to my ranger, my only basis of comparison). I know that when I started my Ranger it took to about level 40 with several AA's in place before he started to "feel' like he was moving at a good pace. Does the mystic have one of those type points?
    I have the AGI AA tree and the CA AA's and I'm in my 20's in level. Things are definantly going faster but not what I would call comfortable. (and maybe "faster" is not a good term for what I'm asking).
    Anyway, any responce would be appreciated. I'm going to level up the mystic to help my guild either way.
  2. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Just keep pounding and get your AA's early, otherwise you will continue to feel weak.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Tylis wrote:
    Never :D
    Shamans have a slow gamplay. If you want a scout type gameplay, then try a warden.
  4. ARCHIVED-Efess Guest

tbh they pick up once you get tso endline AA's. Get yourself a 2h with high delay for DPS and you are set
  5. ARCHIVED-Elslav Guest

Mystic have went thru a few changes over the years but continue to be a great soloer and my favorite EQ2 class to play. The class is all AA and you really need to unlock all of the Combat Arts in the Mystic tree, Weapon Mastery, Litany of Combat from the Shadows Tree and then AGI and STR in the Shaman tree before you really start to see the light.. but with mercs now you can play a bit more of a heal bot as the Swashbuckler Merc destroys stuff as you are questing/dungeon roaming.

Mystics seem to be one of the few classes that need every bit of the 320 AAs you can get.
  6. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

With only about 22 aas you start to be ok with the combat ar line.
    After i took the line that was at that time giving 100% crit in melee, in those days strength determined the priest melee damage and since mystic have hge str buf the combination with the 100% crit while wearing item with lot of str was deadly.
    I cannot really say what i would pick today since the changes have been massive.
    Probably i would fill agility first, then may be get the two first lines in stamina and then the dog for 20% haste and procs.I
    It is what you did.
    Next i don't see, at a time you could get lithany of combat early but now the shadow tree is locked (at least at 35 it is).
    Note that the main issue for priests now is the fact that the itemisation revamp have been massively in favor of melee types. My 30ish beastlord run with now 150dps mpd and 20% potency, a 30sh priest will have also 20 potency but absolutely no dps mod. So yes priest are even slower than they were (i mean relatively cause for sure everything is easier/faster than 4 years ago).
    You may try to get the rare priest items with dps mod, i found some here and there since Itemisaton is totally non consistent.