when do i get to play with other people?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by goolancer, Jul 7, 2013.

1. goolancer New Member

i'm level 62 (almost 63) atm and this entire game so far might as well be a single player game. when will it be easy for me to find groups to join? is there a lot of fun stuff to do once you hit level cap? so far the gameplay is kind of repetitive.
  2. Kilar Active Member

It's not easy getting into a game as old as EQ2. There is no real grouping anymore below lvl 90 but even then most people will have lvl 95 characters and use those to group and raid in the latest content.

I would suggest you look for a guild. One that has active players that like to group and do lower level zones/instances/quests and raids. A lot of people miss a lot of content by just leveling thier characters as quickly as possible but some like to actually play through the content. If there is 1 thing EQ2 has it's loads of contents, some of it is quite amusing to if you read the NPC's dialogue and story lines.

Your other option is to level as quickly as possible to lvl 90/95 and them mentor yourself down to solo the lower lvl content.

I have to agree with you that it can get a little lonely out there but as you get into the game more you will find there are a lot of things to do. Watch the lvl 1-9 chat as most people use this as the default chat channel now and join in conversations. Get to know other players and don't be afraid to ask for help or groups.
  3. Fictional Reality Active Member

You aren't going to find any groups until level 90+ when you can get into Skyshrine groups. It sucks, but this game is not very friendly to new players.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

when devs finally decide to make the dungeon finder world wide you will get groups at lower levels but until then, yes you solo.
  5. Seliri Well-Known Member

yeaah itd take a lot of work to rennovate lower tier content with heroic dungeons, quests, & raids, & like, a ladder system where top 1-4 performer received best in slot, for all characters, in all tiers (i.e. lower tier content incentivization) ;|
  6. Skwor Active Member

Join a guild. you are asking for more social interaction well try being more social. There are numerous guilds out there that progression lock and even more that support new players.

The game is very social if you actually TRY to be social. Sorry but your post feels more like a troll post than a real new player post. Assuming you are a new player then the best thing you can do is find a progression locked guild or a casual well populated guild. You will find a lot of grouping opportunities then. Once you hit 90's groups will still require some effort, effort to learn to play your toon, to be appropriately geared and to network. Even in this game's heyday people had to work to find groups, few things are more frustrating than picking up people to group who are 5 tears below gear requirements or are spec'd like a 2 year old and their toon is more a lead anchor than a contributing member.

All that being said the game is incredibly fun and worth the time to learn, just be patient, join a guild and do some research.
  7. Skwor Active Member

Get serious, all that would do is cause the experienced players to level lock toons at tiers and twink them out to grab best player slot for epeen bragging rights. This idea would frustrate new players more than encourage them. Have you never experienced Battle Grounds? o_O
  8. Seiffil Active Member

He was always the person with a toon on each team fighting each other behind a tower in smuggler's den or having both of them jumping to their demise repeatedly.
  9. Seliri Well-Known Member

except the tiers would have activity promoted within, regardless...doesnt matter if they're twinked out...top performers in respective content types would each have a shot! n_n
  10. Malvin Member

Why would they ever waste time and resources on something like that? What is the need, there is none. The current systems in place work perfectly fine.

EQ2 biggest problem is they went free to play, when they did that the older mature players who tend to enjoy all the aspects of the game (including lower level content) closed themselves off to get away from the mass number of 4 year olds who were getting to play the game for free. Before free to play, there were a number of folks (not a ton) who did lower level content. Now, you got nothing.

Keep in mind that EQ2 has massive content.. and content that is very different. Different categories of quests and many, many different dungeons to do.. most of which you aren't going to find unless somebody tells you about them or you look it up. Use this site to help identify it:

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Zones_By_Level

Pick a dungeon at your level and send a request out to chat to see if somebody wants to run it.. or, run the ground yourself.
  11. Fictional Reality Active Member

To be honest, if you want to experience content with other players in the world of Norrath... just wait for EQ Next.
  12. goolancer New Member

Ive tried two guilds so far. One there was never anyone on, the other was filled with morons who took an hour to pick up 10 things during a heritage quest. Even in a guild it's a lot harder to find a group of people to do a dungeon with dude, dont be so condescending please
  13. goolancer New Member

So if I make it to level 95 will the game open up for me? Will there be a lot of content to do? This game is actually really fun the few times I have gotten to play with other people.
  14. Ladymist Well-Known Member

If you roll a toon on Freeport you will have groups and see plenty of folks at lower levels, the other servers are dead pre level 95. Well except nagafen, always some folks hunting out newbies haha
  15. Spock Active Member

Antonia Bayle got a lot of low level people also i was in butcherblock the other day and there was so many people killing the kobolds took me a bit to finish the many quests i did had with them. When u see things like that ask in zone if they want to join u would be surprised on how many gonna say yes of course on dungeon its better to ask on guild chat or on 1-9 channel.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

You have to try hard to group with others prior to L90.

The time you play will also have an effect. Off peak will be much more difficult.

I suggest you do a /who <your level range> all and send tells to people asking if they want to group. So in your case now I'd do /who 60-69 all
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

Freeport has the most non-max level toons and there are craploads of guilds that constantly advertise progression raiding (meaning they lock every expansion and exhaust the raid and quest content until the next.)

If you have a merc, dungeon finder actually tends to pop on Freeport, regardless of level range. You may only get one or two other people, but you will get a group with a 25% xp bonus.

And there are battlegrounds. Those are active 30+ and are pretty active as well. Plan on dying nonstop, but the xp really can't be beat unless you are.

Lastly, join a high population guild. Just hit U and typically the first five listed have the highest number of member accounts.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

You can find a someone to play with on most servers if you initiate the group. Announce that you want to go X place for X level range in level chat (1-9 is general chat on most servers so announce there too). For most content prior to level 90 just about any 2 people in treasured or mastercrafted(maybe even handcrafted, but I haven't tried that) gear can do dungeons. Particularly easy if you get a healer or someone has a healer mercenary. There are some exceptions but due to gear changes over the years, it's really not too hard to do.
  19. Ranga Active Member

You may well find that is because they are reading the lore behind the questlines. There is a lot of purpose to that if you really are into the lore as many roleplayers are.

You cannot have it both ways. If you don't want to get stuck, either pay for PL, search out a bunch of like minded people and organise your playtime to suit.

Or just muddle through to 95 (takes about a week to a month depending on your playtime). There is enough content in this game to keep you busy and much is now solo, very little actually requires a group.
  20. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Even in the golden hazy glory days when the game first launched, it was tough getting a group in the middle of the night. Time of day and amount of time you can play really does affect getting groups.

Finding a good guild is like finding a good psychologist. You just have to keep looking for one that you like. ....so I've heard.
    Seliri likes this.