When did this happen...? :-/

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Did I miss it? It used to be that all the various holiday recipes were based on some variation of what I call "dang weird techniques," like Geocraft, Geomancy, Thaumaturgy, etc., all the stuff that everyone had and for all I know, automatically updated, or at least weren't required at uber-high levels, or made a difference as to what you were trying to make. But I've been running across more and more holiday item recipes, including house items, that require actual, real specialty crafter techniques, like Sculpting, Metalworking, etc. I was really frustrated not too long ago when someone who wasn't a Carpenter was trying, the gods forbid, to make holiday recipe house items and failing frequently and miserably, since they all now require one to have Sculpting at a certain level, apparently. :-/

I've posed this question before (mostly in Chat Channel, if memory serves) and really have yet to get a satisfactory answer. And no, it hasn't always been this way. :-/

Uwk
    Xillean, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Most of the recipes that call for a specific skill are using Artisan skills.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

No, Uwk is right, most of them use primary tradeskill abilities.

This has been the case with the Frostfell stuff for many years. I remember many years ago, before my crafters were very high level, that it was hard for my non-Provisioners to make the food Frostfell items.

I just looked through one of my characters' recipes; the Bristlebane and Erollisi recipes also use primary crafting skills, not secondary. Frostfell crafting definitely uses primary; I could check that easily, by having her click one of her Frostfell stations. Strangely, Nights of the Dead crafting uses secondary techniques.

I think they mostly use secondary crafting techniques during world events, where all characters would need to be equal at crafting. Holiday crafting, notsomuch. Heck, even Heroes' Fest uses primary techniques; the three food items require Artistry, the place settings require Metalworking, and the streamers require Tailoring. You can do them if you aren't one of those classes (obviously), but if you're low level, it could be a little difficult.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh...for my money, all characters would need to be equal at crafting for holiday recipes, too. :-/

Uwk
    who has old recipes from like Books I-III of many holidays using, I guess, secondary abilities (Geo______, Thaumaturgy, etc.)?