What's with the crazy weather in Norrath?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er, Jul 12, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Jrkh8er Guest

Or rather, the lack of weather. From what I've seen, it only ever rains on Antonica, D'Lere, and the atmospheric anomaly of Karnor's Castle. It also snows in Everfrost, which is to be expected; and of course it never rains on Ro or Lavastorm.
    But I have never once seen rain on Faydwer, most of Kunark, Zek, Enchanted Lands, or even the Feerrott (which looks a lot like a damp jungle to me). How exactly does the Greater Faydark have such enormous plants if they never get a drop from the sky? How does Kunzar remain a rainforest without rain?
    And why stop at rain? Let's have sandstorms in Ro, heavy ash fall in Lavastorm and the Skyfire Mountains, blizzards and hail in Everfrost; thunderstorms, lightning, hurricanes, tornadoes?
    And maybe the weather could affect the people of Norrath. Sandstorms obscure visibility for both players and NPCs, making aggro ranges smaller. Standing in the middle of the Commonlands during a thunderstorm runs the risk of being struck by lightning for huge damage. And maybe we could have a rare - very rare - shower on Ro, giving all players the "Refreshing Rain" buff and an increase to power and health regen.
    Thoughts?
  2. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Jrkh8er wrote:
    It rains in Sinking Sands. Go figure.
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Weather is on Imago-Qeom's to-do list. And I know I spelled his name wrong. Sorry...