Whats up with the NO DPS while res-sick idiocy in heroic zones?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Wurm Well-Known Member

Are you on purposely trying to make your players mad? And if this is your new "make things annoying instead of fun" flavor of the week, how about you add it to the res-sick detrimental tool-tip?

Someone in my group said it was this way in Skyshrine too, I don't remember it thats for sure.

I can see stuff like this in raid zones (well not really) with 24 people and plenty of people to handle wiping, but in a 6 man group it's just plain stupid.
  2. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Well, it's there to prevent Revive Zerging in long fights where the revive point isn't too far away. Been there since at least SF in Raids. Possibly due to small zones like Tox Mound. (But you probably knew that already)

For Heroic's, it did become the new rule in Skyshrine, presumably because of the Dozekar fight. Same idea, long fight, and the rez point is right there. So you can't just let the suite keep Dozekar, while the group Revives, fights, dies, Revives, fights, dies, ,etc, etc,, win loot!

Stop Dying! :)

(But it is quite annoying when you have to pause, and twiddle your thumbs for a minute, while you wait for it to clear)
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Or if there happens to be a mob that wanders close to the res-point, like happened to us yesterday.

And the tool-tip should show it, at the moment it doesn't.
  4. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that.
  5. Pendragon New Member

Ya, don't touch it. You do realize that if they make changes to rez sickness the resulting effects would be guild halls will delete themselves, merchants will stop functioning, bells will send you to wizard spires and Naggy will be roaming around in Qeynos Harbor right?