Whats up with Krono

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Atan, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atan Well-Known Member

Seems since last night we're unable to trade krono and/or remove them from broker boxes.

I've spoken to a number of players experiencing the same issue.

When I try to trade krono, I'm able to put them into the trade window, we both hit 'accept' but the Krono doesn't actually exchange between players.

Has Krono somehow been locked related to all the duping that happened over the past week? Is there any communication on how long this might last?

Trying to pay someone back for a loan ;)
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Multiple people reporting this in Discord, Chrol says 'known issue' no ETA
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

They should just take people's posting rights away on discord instead of banning =/
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I'm shocked I can still post. haha
    Kalika likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not just TLE, people were saying the same in Maj'Dul chat last night.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The rumor is there is some possible dup going on.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Nah, its perfectly normal for a level 32 wizard to login and buy 15k worth of krono in a few minutes and log off ;)
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Meh. People make alts to be their buyer/seller. That level 32 wizard could easily have a main that is a top tier raider.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

LoL, you think anyone with those resources keeps it around in plat long enough to accumulate 15k?

We buy them up when the price is low, we don't go buy insanely priced ones in bulk like this person did.
  10. Fangrim Active Member

It's not 'insanely' priced if you drive up the price,maybe he/she heard about the 'pvp server' and thought this was a good time to buy? Maybe they thought ' **** this game, i may as well spend my plat on something.
    Intimating that no one has made 15k plat at this time period of the server is either extremely naive or just a masquerade.
  11. Kalika Well-Known Member

I got banned for a quite moderate post about how broken is the itemization of non-raid items, indeed in a patch about 2 weeks ago they even made things worst I was not notified and i guess that the ban is permanent.

Communicating via discord is quite a poor policy, there is neither a real memory nor structure in a discord thread. Keeping track of issues, questions and answer is almost impossible.

In a sense discord is perfect if your goal is to adress only the current most popular issue(s), it is a system that is even worst than twitter and modern media. It implies no long term policy or support and instead living on the current arrow of time.

My guild uses discord, it has nice property for live discussion but people don' t use the forum in which anything else (raid start, gameplay discussion, etc ..) should be posted in an organized way. I' m quite surprised by discord success since it' s quite a trivial software with very poor functionalities.
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not considering my broker box on just one character shows I've made 25k.

But anyone with half a brain wouldn't let it accumulate till you had 15k in your window before buying a Krono. You'd buy them as you accumulate cause plat depreciates very rapidly vs krono only goes up in price. No one who legitimately got 15k plat on Fallen Gate is dumb enough to not have leveraged the wealth to their advantage,

Even if any other reason in this thread is true, its foolish to dump all the plat to krono in seconds rather than buying a bit over time, unless your motivation was to get rid of plat as fast as possible and sell the Krono on an RMT site, likely cause you got it by dupe/hacking/whatever.
  13. Fangrim Active Member

Yep I agree, I did the same with my plat, kept an eye out for krono and spent when I thought it was a good time but I still ended up with 2 million on SH, I'm sure you did too. This person may just not of spent it for whatever reason then decided to, it doesn't mean some sort of dupe or cheat.
    At least one person owned up to making more than 15k plat, I bet you've earned way more than 25k too.Some guy was saying it's impossible without cheating, think he was named fiststing or something.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

Aah, not impossible, but you have to be somewhat savvy to do so, and a big chunk of what I've earned is buying and selling smart, and I have a hard time seeing how someone amassed 15k on FG right now without either buying and selling smart or duping.

Judging by how we know this person just did a ton of not smart buying, its highly likely something is rotten.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Started last may on FG and made till now 7 kronos without even trying to make money and of course without farming. I just sold what i looted and also sold some sage-made spells.So making 15K is possible.

I m not too sure about the best way to make money, choker sell for 1-2 kronos but is really rare, selling mythical update may bring solid money but yo need more than a group, soloing Bones, sharptooth and the general may have been really hge moeny but it is probably over. So, probably the most solid income would be selling Power leveling.

What is suspicious is to by all the kronos, each time i boght one i ended up " loosing" a bit of money because 1 hour later someone needy auctioned krono 20% cheaper than on the broker. I never really tried to play on krono price, with inflation at 2-3% a day a good rule is to buy as soon as you can.

Anyway Eq2 is not a game in which money matters.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Its normal for Krono to go up 100% in two weeks with the majority of the purchases made by random name generator names in batches of 20-30.

I'm sure that is just normal market activity and nothing is rotten.
    Mizgamer62 and Cheallaigh like this.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

+
    The inflation rate of krono had been steady tilll 1 week ago (i' m too to sure since i log seldomly), inflation was like 2-4% a day which corresponded to money creation (loot, heroic split, raid split, quests) with no money destruction (since repair bills are way to low). Apparently they tried to limi inflation since many quest flagged as granting 1 plat actually rewardedme with a few silvers (another irritating feature).

Then it exploded in the last week (or 10 day) going from 300 to around 800.

So someone found an exploit. Since the exploit came at the same time as Veksar, Runny 2 and SoH it may be related to one of this zone.

It should be very easy to find it using the server logs, assuming it is simply an in game exploit or not a more critical one which would involve access to the server datatbase or breaking into the GM netowrk with admin rights.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think Atan's effort to document who is doing all this suspicious buying may be the key to help DBG find who is doing the exploiting, and thus figuring out what the heck they're doing. Without a starting point, it's impossible to really go trolling through terabytes of game data.

Thanks for the effort, Atan, I appreciate that you are communicating with DBG on this.
  19. Fangrim Active Member

The thing where you buy a krono and get the message that it no longer exists and you briefly lose your money but get it back has existed as long as krono have. This exploit must be new and down to dev incompetence.

Edit: I'd like to clear that when you got the no longer exist message It wasn't an exploit. I remember on whatever server it was at the time (played on so many) I tried to buy 2 krono that someone priced for 1 copper, they were there for sale for 2 days but impossible to buy.
  20. Fangrim Active Member

Maybe it's as simple as that? However they get you to click on it they keep the money even though you get your's back? If it is the case then the exploit has been there since day one of krono, wouldn't be surprised tbh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.