What's the purpose of the Sibyllant spell?

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-sholmes983, Nov 28, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-sholmes983 Guest

I just hit L23 and got the sibyllant spell. It's basically a spell you put on an enemy and when they hit someone it has a chance of doing damage to them, and if it does that it will create an item called a 'thoughtstone' in their inventory. Well, I've looked around a bit, but can't really find any information on what the heck this item does. I also can't tell of any damage that's actually being done as a result of this spell. No damage rating pops up whenever it's successful. Is it broken or am I just missing something?
  2. ARCHIVED-Azmodeus Guest

Yes, I have this spell also. I think it may be buggy. The thoughtstones are used for some uber group buffs I beleive. In fact, we do get a group clairty spell that requires a thoughtstone. My problem is that why get this spell now, before we get any spells that require thoughtstones as components. *shrug*
  3. ARCHIVED-HypedOnAdderall Guest

would you rather get the spells that require thoughtstones before this spell? Didn't think so ;)
    Relax
  4. ARCHIVED-Gilbertus Guest

From my experience so far a Thoughtstone is used to cast AE mez. I'm sure it is used for other things later on as well.

Good Luck!

Gilbertus
    26 Coercer
  5. ARCHIVED-Azmodeus Guest

Im relaxed. Have you used the spell? I had 35 thoughtstones that I was going to save but you LOSE the stones when you log. Now knowing that AE Mez a level later requires a thoughtstone, I guess its not that bad though. Gives you a level to learn the spell. *shrug*
    Message Edited by Azmodeus on 11-29-2004 10:06 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Sanben Guest

Looks like lvl 25 - an AE mez is the first spell to use a thoughtstone

http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/list/skills_coercer.php
  7. ARCHIVED-Sondrax Guest

yeah atm thoughstones are used for AE mez (terrible awe)
    but dont worry, you will get loads of them soon since despotic mind is a great nuke and also summons those (i destroy hundreds of them daily.. its actually almost annoying to have that many thougtstones hehe)