Whats the difference between Necro and Conj pets?

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Escape Goat, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Escape Goat Member

I am curious as to the differences between the Necromancer and Conjuror pets. Is it that necromancer pets are better at encounter mobs and conjuror better for single mobs? I can't seem to find any info on how these two classes differ in this regard. I also play on TLEs if that makes any difference in your answer. Thanks for your time!
  2. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Base functionality is the same between them. What differs is the buffs they have for them.

Scout pet is the primary DPS pet for both necro/conj on live (I assume the same on TLE). Mage pet isn't really ever used, used to be decent on large linked encounter fights but this was quite a long time ago. Now everyone just uses scout for dps.

Biggest difference between the two class pets is the fighter pet. Less the pet and more the buffs. Conj has better defensive buff/stoneskins/dp for their pets than necro. Haven't been a necro in a long time, so necro's feel free to correct me, but I think outside of their stance necro's really only have consume - the Life Tap proc - to boost tank pet survivability.

Disregarding any AA's the two classes share.
    Beee likes this.
  3. Faxo New Member

Tainted Heals on Necro AA Tree...Adds 18% Heal for pet to 6 Debuffs.. Can crit may not be possible on TLE...
    Conjy doesn't have a tainted heals type AA.... Necro more utility for solo / survivability

spec AA as if using tank pet but use mage / scout pet... Better to hold aggro for squishy self... When solo at least

Maybe?