What's the deal

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Ranja, May 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Upirus Guest

Striikor@Nektulos wrote:
    In the off chance that there are some red names reading this, please know this statement does NOT speak for us all.

Striikor, in your guild with the people/classes/raid setup you're playing with, clearing the fights you guys are clearing, that may be true, but the more hard mode content you get into, the more glaringly obvious it becomes that a statement like what you made just isn't true.

Before it get's asked/stated, no, I don't suck. I personally went from being pretty soundly on top of the zw's on our parses back when we were just getting started in the current raid content to slowly getting matched, then subsequently passed by the wizard, assassin, and warlock. The people haven't changed. The group makeups haven't changed. The only things that have changed are people acquiring new aa's and gear. Rangers don't scale up at the same rate these other classes do. Go look at the parse threads on flames for the respective classes.

For one thing, the better your raid force gets, the shorter the fights get, the less time you have to get hits in. On a typical trash mob, 3 bow attacks and 5 or 6 ca's ends up being a parse where you may hit 32-37k which is fine and dandy until you notice the assassin hit 67k and the wizard did 54k. Yea, its a trash mob I'm using as an example and they don't really matter but it is indicative of the point im trying to make about the class in general.

To truly fix the class they'd have to change some pretty fundamental aspects of how the game is coded, which I'm smart enough to see that at this stage in this game is never going to happen. The problem is, there are (or at least were) enough good rangers out there that if you played smart and they made some changes within the realm of whats implemented in the game now, the gap between us and the rest of the T1's could be narrowed by a great deal... they just don't for some reason. I'm not going to sit here and name off every little thing I can think of but here's a few for starters. Why do our ca's do so little damage? LONG GONE are the days of auto attacks making up 50% of your damage. Why are the cool down times and casting speeds so long when the damage on said ca's is so out of proportion? How much longer is it going to be before we see some type of benefit from auto attack AE or flurry? I can maybe see a logical arguement over ranged auto attack AE being a bit hairy if you have someone not using their head and firing their arrows into bad places but there are ZERO REASONS why there's no flurry on ranged auto attacks (see Neiloch's point about 2h above).

Lastly, as was stated already, hearing nothing from the dev's is the worst possible way to deal with the legions of pissed off people that is only getting worse with time. If you guys don't like any of the solutions that have come from the community and can't come up with anything on your own, at least come out and say so. "Sorry guys, we got nothin' atm.", is better (albeit, not by much) than sitting in silence while the community works themselves into a fit while you say and do nothing.
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

That's exactly what I am seeing. I was actually reluctant to get on the ranger complaining train at first. I suspected, and now have been able to confirm that this is due to a few factors: 1. Player skill. I was able to adapt to new content and strats faster than others. 2. Better equipment. For various reasons I was able to stay ahead of the curve in equipment quality than other DPS in my raid force. Now that the raid force has gotten closer in AA's, masters, equipment and familiarity with strats I am busting my butt to keep up. Once they are actually on par with me, especially equipment wise I don't expect to be up top much.
  3. ARCHIVED-Toball Tokor Guest

Striikor@Nektulos wrote:
    Yes well hopefully I am more clear with the last part and my intent was certainly not to represent all rangers but, only a unique situation. It was actually the first time I have been in the OT group since I started to play again.
    I had not intended to infer we are T1 DPS only that we can be in very odd situations.
    All things being equal we are not T1 we are T2. IMO it is slow casting times, reuse and relative damage. But we we have to work hard compete with T2 in reality because we can't ask the raid to provide us with three utility just for our DPS. As far as competing with T1 equally grouped, equipped and played ...... I concur we are not in the same ballpark.
    I do not compete in my normal group, I can be 3 or 4 class wise in the parse in group 4 or the mage group. I too had more DKP than others and equipped rather quickly as I had run out of things to bid on in TSO. So the experience I related may well change and rather quickly.
    ... nothing to recommend us in grouping logic and new procs and equipment that will leave us further behind, and less damage potential than other T1.
    So person in red please don't infer :)
  4. ARCHIVED-kartikeya Guest

I'm going to have to agree with Upirus: in top end fights there is simply no touching swashies, warlocks, or assassins. I can't tell you where wizard fits in, our particular group only occasionally has a wizard. Ranger is without exception always sat first whenever any fight needs more DPS/more survivability/more tanks/more anything, unless we have guests along that aren't as well geared.
    The difference between the other DPS classes and rangers is insane. It seems like every single patch makes it worse. I can't comprehend why this has not been addressed, why we have not even had a single line of confirmation that something IS going to be done about it. They were talking about fixing Conjurors for months, why can't rangers get a straight yes or no answer as to whether this is going to be handled and in a remotely timely manner? (I feel like a broken record, repeating this question on every thread.)
  5. ARCHIVED-suzita Guest

I don't raid but I do group a lot. I have noticed my dps drop and other classes have either overtaken me or are a lot closer in dps. I would really like to see some answers about where the ranger class is heading and some fixes so we can once again do our jobs as T1 dps. um ok maybe just some communication for starters? please?
  6. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

For me its just getting to the point where I'm sticking around to see how this plays out. Its just starting to be fascinating from a game industry point of view. Such a massive uproar of mad customers from a specific set and almost zero response. Its like a social experiment. I just imagine someone enforcing the parameters for it, "if they post in a more public section you can move the thread with supervision but you absolutely can not respond to it or the trial will be tainted"