Whats a better duo, Dirge + Dirge or Dirge + Troubadour?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Ponies, Dec 2, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Ponies Guest

This is assuming Troubadours are neutral, so if I'm wrong that my evil char can go troub, then just say I'm wrong and dont bother with the rest =)

I'm going to make a bard to play with my friends bard, and he's going dirge, so do you guys think it would be better to be with another dirge, or with a troubadour, group wise - not just duo wise.

I was worried about issues with skill stacking not working and stuff like that if we both go dirge, and overwrites and stuff if I went troub.

Any recommendations and information would be helpful. Thanks

--Gendo
  2. ARCHIVED-Ruebben Guest

Bards are neutral characters, so you can either choose to be Troubador or Dirge... We are support characters providing buffs and damage. On the aspect of buffs, it has absolutely no use to have two of the same sub-classes. Their buffs/debuffs will not stack, so one of you will only provide half of what the class is capable of, namely only damage (and there are other classes that could do that a bit better).
    This won't happen if one of you will go the route of Troubador and the other goes Dirge. Some buffs/debuffs will be double and won't work, if my memory serves me right, but the rest won't be a problem. Although it could be that I'm wrong and in that case I'll probably be corrected by others :)
    Message Edited by Ruebben on 12-03-2004 01:29 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Landsurveyor Guest

Not completely true. I have grouped with another Dirge and it is a good combo also. When you are the only Bard in the group you can only use a few of your songs and what you use really depends on the situation and the group but with another Bard whether Dirge or Troub you each can stil luse all 5 con slots without overlapping at all. I went Dirge partly because a friend of mine is a Troubadour and they defenetly do compliment each other. For example the resist songs cover different things so if you are facing caster heavy groups you can cover all aspects were as with just 2 dirges or 2 troub you will have vulnerability. I guess my thing is play which ever you like more but if you don't care and he really wants to be a Dirge then go Troub. I think the easiest way to look at it is Dirges increase the groups offensive and decrease the enemies offense while troubs increase the groups defense and decrease the enemies defense. That is very general but kinda a quick comparison.
  4. ARCHIVED-Griz Guest

keep in mind that several of the bard attacks have stacking issues and if there are two bards in a group, only one of them will be able to use Singing Blade, Walt's Sparkling Blade, or any other attacks with an effect that shows in the buff bar.
  5. ARCHIVED-Yolos Guest

A Dirge and a Troubadour work well together in groups. I believe that both mana regen songs stack(seemed to be that way when I grouped with a troubadour) and both have different debuffs.
  6. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Not too many Dirges my level on Steamfront, but I group often enough with a RAT troubador, and frankly we compliment each other pretty well. He has more power than me, but I hit for alot harder per swing. The combined dps is pretty impressive, although that can be said for any two scout classes that group.