What would happen if you force your wife to play the game? Episode 5 is ready!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkbahamuth, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Darkbahamuth Active Member

NO VOICE-OVER! :(

Hello! No voice-over in this episode.... Some problems with the freelancer. But, there's no use focusing on a problem. I will find a new one that adjust to my budget and in the meantime I upload the videos with just subtitles.
    By the way, I change the way the subtitles are seen. I would like feedback on that if you are so kind

Hope you enjoy the video and stay tuned for the next one!

Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

So funny! LOL:p
    Cyrrena, Darkbahamuth and Breanna like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

I loved the ending!!! That was great.
    Cyrrena, Darkbahamuth and Leloes like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My female gamer relatives would have already thumped you in the head with their cast iron skillets.

Even thought I did teach them ad&d 1e back in 1980.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The ending absolutely cracked me up!

Your poor wife. Did you get her any pepto-bismol? ;)
  6. Darkbahamuth Active Member

I should find the equivalent of pepto-bismol in Norrath. Maybe a spell? :p
    Juraiya, Breanna, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You did another fabulous job even without voice overs. I think they are great without the voice overs but then we have been watching them since the first one.

I was hoping to see your wife's reaction when she harvested a few shinies and completed a collection. Or when she made some furniture or you purchased an inn room or something, but I suppose I need to be patient as you need to get to Neriak for that.
  8. Darkbahamuth Active Member

Neriak, Neriak, Neriak.
    Every night I dream about that city. Knowing well that there, is where our journey will really begin. Can't wait. I'm eager to tell you about it but no. No spoilers.

But yeah, don't worry. We will explore all aspects of the game, everything that is available, we will be doing it.
    Leloes, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

It would be totally awesome if she suddenly became an obsessed decorator.
    Cyrrena, Geroblue, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  10. Darkbahamuth Active Member

Hello!

Just a little teaser for the upcoming episode. I would like to hear your thoughts about the little changes to subtitles.

Thanks for your time!

Leloes, Cyrrena and Finora like this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

They are just fine :D
    Leloes, Darkbahamuth and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Kittik Well-Known Member

I don't have a YouTube channel. And I also have recently tried to get my wife to play EQ2 with me. But the truth is, I get very frustrated because she can't even walk in the game. We spent 5 mins arguing over her hand placement for wasd. Then another 5 mins trying to explain how W was forward and S is backwards. She thought it should be F and B. And then just ******* forget using the mouse to control her character. I was almost having seizures while looking at her screen, because she was so bad at controlling her character with the mouse. She was either constantly looking straight down, or straight up, never once did I look at her screen and she was looking horizontal across the plan of view. All I ever saw when looking at her screen was the top of her characters head, or the ******* sky! So you can see how my 1 single hour session with her lasted for almost all of eternity.

Then she saw me jump and decided she wanted to jump too. There went another 7 lifetimes. I f'ing kid you not. AND God forbid I don't let her read EVERY ******* line of text of every NPC she runs across says. I swear to god she's lucky we're both still alive and this was 1 (ONE) hour.

So yeah, nice YouTube channel, but this is far from any truth I've ever known.
    Leloes and Darkbahamuth like this.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

=o

Poor thing, had she never played a game before?

Show her how to remap her keys to something that makes sense to her. I hate WASD myself, though for different reasons.
  14. Svenone Well-Known Member

When I was playing EQ1 (oh so many years ago), I used the up/down arrow keys for movement (left hand) and the mouse for turning right/left (right hand), because using WASD seemed clumsy. Now I, due to life circumstances, use WASD like so many others. Maybe your wife would refer my old method?
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

I use the arrow keys, it's just easier for me. The wasd thing or whatever it is just don't feel right.
    Leloes, Darkbahamuth, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I use the arrow keys as well.
    Leloes, Darkbahamuth and Breanna like this.
  17. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yes, you CAN remap the keys for movement, just as you can remap the keys for anything else in the game. If F seems like it should be Forward, and B like it should be Backward, then just remap them for her. It would be easier than trying to force her into something that seems unnatural to her. (And she would probably prefer R and L to turn Right and Left, so you might remap those as well.)

Not everyone is an avid game player, so not everyone has experience with what gamers are used to. Sounds like your wife has never actually played any adventure/RPG/platform game of any kind. EQ2 has a huge learning curve, and isn't the best game to introduce someone to gaming. :)

I use the arrow keys myself. I've never liked using WASD although I have played some games that required it, so I'm a little used to it.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I used wasd on a Unix, not linux, computer years ago. But I don't care for it.

I prefer the arrow keys. I can run for the potion barbarians in EQ1 pok, and turn and go up the stairs just using the arrow keys at a full speed run. I would crash into the walls, or wind up in the pond for some time until I got it to work right.

Being able to pivot quickly usng the arrow keys has saved my toon more than once.
    Ya know, in one of those 'Run Away ! Run Away !' situations.
    Leloes, Juraiya, Darkbahamuth and 3 others like this.
  19. Darkbahamuth Active Member

You okay there buddy?

You forgot to mention when she asks about why you have to go collect this or why you need to kill that. Not because she is interested in the story but because it doesn't make sense to her.

Me: "Now you need to collect 5 flowers so she can make a potion to heal her partner."

Wife: "Why doesn't she collec them herself? the flowers are right there, a few steps and she can do it with out our help."

I try to explain to her that the game world is in scale but no use.

Oh, I have another scene to add to my episodes!

Nice talking to you people.
    Leloes, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Kittik Well-Known Member

Ha! No, she's never played a video game in her life. The closest she's ever come is June's Journey on Facebook.
    Leloes, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.