What ways are there to earn LOTS of status?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Alarra Well-Known Member

Hey guys (and girls),
    Trying to figurre out ways to earn large amounts of status.
    For my Main I need to get some of those green adorns for around 30 million status each (need 2 more).
    Some more Merc Accolades, 24 million each (probably about 6 of them)
    For my alts I would like to get them the unlocked Armour, so 700k-900k status per piece and I think it iwas around 30 million status for the Myth cloak.

So I know about the following ways:
    1. Merc crate mercenaries: 1 million(common) - 6 million(rare)
      (I don't want to use Station Cash btw, nor the 400k plat per each on broker)
    2. Status items (don't get enough of them to make a difference)
      You can also get them from the broker for around 5k each or so and they give 15k status each.
    3. Crafting Writs, 35k per writ, around 2-3 mins per writ
    4. Adventure Writs, 14k per writ around 5-7 mins to do 3, but mob population makes it difficult to keep it going fast.
    5. Doing Solo zones, around 50k status each, 100k for weeklies, takes around 5 mins to 10 mins each on my Coercer ( you may be faster on better geared toons)
    6. Old Raid mobs, 14k for each mob in Protectors realm for a 110 toon mentoring.
    7. One off large status quests Ie: Newsies....well they are one off, already done it and have a nice bag to show for it.
    8. PQ's around 50k for one standard PQ I think it was.
    9. Useless shinies, I think it was 2k status for 1, so for a solo zone you can get an extra 6k-8k status
    10. Useless L&L items, 120 (no k) status
    Out of all of them I think the fastest would be the crafting at around 35k every 3 mins.
    So......10million / 35k status x 3mins / 60 mins = 14.3 Hours of non-stop writ grinding.
    Anyone got any better ideas?
    Feara likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Watch the guide forum for Newsies, A Guide's Guide to Thalumbra, and A Guide's Guide to the Celestial realms. Get them when they're offered, but don't complete them until a 2x status. Each will give around 5-7 million when not 2x status, so it's worth it to wait. Also that first one and the third one give you really big bags.
    Pixistik, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Conifur Well-Known Member

Dude gave 3 good methods but it does not seem like you want to wait for 2x status.

There is stuff you can buy for DBC that increases status gained, that could make it a bit "faster", but still a grind.

If you don't want to grind though, the only other route is the Visa zone.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you have a ton of loyalty tokens, there are those boxes of status items on the loyalty merchant, no idea how many items are in them though so no idea who much status you would get.

I know you used to be able to use a 2X status weekend and run the KP circuit of Adventure writs and earn enough status to buy a T4 hall and put enough status on the door to pay the upkeep at a 850K status a week for a year. This was 2 years ago, I know, because I did it. And I am the only one in my guild so it was not a group effort.

You can also log into the guide forums and request that they offer all 3 of the large status events. Go through all of your characters and make sure that all of them have all three of them and check off which have been completed so none get forgotten. If you have any empty slots, make newbies and get those quests, you can have a friend or guildmate drag them through all those quests to get the status on a double status weekend or make a new account and power up two freebies to use to drag any newbies you make through the high status guide quests. I have also been known to drag mine all the way through those quests until the very last step and then when double status weekend hits, all I have to do is the last step and turn it in, frees the rest of the weekend for writ running.
    Pixistik, OldRodKS, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  5. Alarra Well-Known Member

Hi Cyrrena,
    Not sure as to the rate that you were gaining Status back then as status earned from writs gets reduced with level. For 1 years upkeep at 850k it would be 44.2 million status (around about), plus the cost of the initial hall which I don't know off-hand.
    Just going with the door status, if you did it on a non-2x status day it would be 22.1 million status earned in the same period at maybe 25k per writ (depends on your level so I don't know how much you were realy getting) you would need to do 884 writs. I think you could do 4 wits in a 5 min time period if you get efficient at it meaning you probably ground for 18 hours or so during the weekend, however you would have to wait for respawns as well, so I can't really put a number to it. Which is probably faster than my crafting method, but I don't have access to adventure writs with that much status now.

Question, it may sound silly, but the Newsies and the othe 2 quests you can only do once right?

I play at times when no Guides are on, so I am not in luck there. I generally can only pick it up on weekends if they are on and I am very lucky, think I have seen a guide on when I have been on like 5 times in the last year.

I do however have a boatload of loyalty tokens.....closing in on 3000. So will see how much status the status box items give and will report back.

You are right, I don't want to wait 2-3 months for an event to get the status. As I recall only quests boost status during those times as well.

So if the status box idea peters out, it looks like crafting grindage for me then /shiver.
    The guide quests from my knowledge of them will probably give me a one off 5-7 million status each if I can get them.

Devs can we get a level 110 crafting/adventure writ update?
    Feara and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be anything for status items on the merchant.
    If you know the name of the item, please let me know as I looked on both the Market place and the merchants in Freeport (all 3 of them)
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

I checked last night Alarra, there are none that I see, so I confirm your findings.

I also have a stash myself, I wouldn't though if the Merchant carried something worth zoning there for.

That's the way it was three years ago. Some things never change... in the right direction.
  8. Redlight Well-Known Member

There are now mount items that increase status gain also that would help a little.
    Open the broker and search collectables 1c-5pp and buy them all and use those, not sure how much status you would get but it would tidy up the broker☺
    Breanna, Alarra and Xianthia like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When I log in, I will check the loyalty merchant and post the names of those bags or crates.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Alarra Well-Known Member

The Question is, do they increase status on items or on quests only?
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

Feara likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I could not find the crates on the loyalty merchants either any longer. I did find a bag on the city merchant but not a point to it since it takes status to buy it and only a few of the items that you might get will give status when sold.
    Alarra and Breanna like this.
  13. Alarra Well-Known Member

What item is this? Can it be given to other characters? so could you tranfer status from an alt or secondary account to another character?
  14. Alarra Well-Known Member

Oh I found it, it is called a bag of random status items for 32k status
    Or not
  15. Feara Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, there are Loyalty Infusers and Mystery chests.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is it, and a few of the items can be sold to merchants for status but they are items you would not want to sell to a merchant in the first place.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Alarra Well-Known Member

It seems that you cannot sell them back to the merchant, at least for the 3 items I tried.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I got one of the mounts and a couple of the other things. I would have to go in game to look at the names. The 2 other things together would have gotten me a bit over 36K status back from my hall merchant, I did not stick around at the city merchant. So I don't think it would be worth it, especially if all the items are not able to be sold back.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Alarra Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information Cyrrena, I guess I will have to do crafting while watching some video's. Also will definitely add those status adding mount items while doing so to improve the output..
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Malachy Well-Known Member

You can also consolidate your status from other toons (you lose half in the process though). Or you can ask people to sell you theirs using the same method. If I recall, Kelethin has one city merchant item that doesn't require faction, but is tradeable.

In Freeport, I've always used A Wailing Bone Cage, bought from Juvena in wfrpt tradeskill coalition, costs 30K status, 4g, sells to merchants for 15K status (they now stack). That particular item requires faction to buy, but I've always had Freeport crafters so I have never sought out other cities, items. You can usually find them on the broker too.
    Cyrrena likes this.