What type member perks would be acceptable for TLE folks

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Moonpanther, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

There has been a great deal of conversation about this and I do think, as paying members, TLE folks should get something.

What perks would be acceptable and not take away from the purpose of these servers??
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

A whole Server that has been asked about for years, taking up months of Developer Time in the past and the future.

That'd be a cool perk for Members
    Regolas, Torvaldr, Claudiana and 6 others like this.
  3. Moldylocks Member

Frostfell, and Nights of the Dead. Those are two huge events, and it would be a crying shame to not have them on a premium server. Yes, I understand there are some zone issues, but there has to be a way to include the rest of what is available.

OH, and please don't bring up the "You voted against this this and this" discussion. The people who voted No against events and perks participated before the TLE server officially launched. They count for, what, 5% of the current population? I certainly didn't vote against them, and neither did the bulk of Stormhold.

I think it's time to revisit that, and see what the CURRENT, active players agree on with new votes.
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Feldon Well-Known Member

Why?

FIFY
    Belenos, Torvaldr and Wirewhisker like this.
  5. Moldylocks Member

Thanks, hun, I didn't need that to be fixed. I already recognized the zone issues, also including a suggestion to include the portions of the events that are accessible in the current state of the TLE. No need to be rude. This isn't a pissing contest.
  6. Feldon Well-Known Member

Which reminds me I need to get my Flowmax prescription refilled.
  7. Riaak New Member

I don't see anything wrong with a paying customer asking for something to be included. A lot of money has been brought in by the TLE servers.
  8. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Why not? There should be a little something for them as well, keeping in mind the purpose of the servers in question. Something as simple as city festivals for the cities do have would go a long way, I think, in making a great many happy. Neriak, Halas, Qeynos festivals could probably be opened up with few issues.
  9. Moldylocks Member

Yup. Which is why I suggested the people that are paying for this premium server have access to further polling about inclusions/exclusions. City festivals and events are fluff, but it's fluff a lot of people enjoy and return to the game for.
    Prissetta and Moonpanther like this.
  10. Caith Developer

To do this it would require an entire rework of how those events work, which would be months of development time. Statements about how easy something would be for us to implement are usually incorrect, because if it was easy and didn't take a lot of time, they would most likely have already been implemented.
    Strings, Shasta, Maiana and 18 others like this.
  11. Ragnorocke New Member

Love how people with no Dev or code experience think it is easy...:( wish the requests for holidays would die already as it is beating a already dead horse.
    Belenos likes this.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

They probably could turn on the live events on TLE and let it run normally. You just wouldn't be able to complete any quests that required you enter zones that aren't active yet. I'm sure some people would be fine with that, but the number of petitions and whine threads it'd generate probably isn't worth it in their view.
  13. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Yep, most people out there seem to channel the pointy-haired boss when telling game designers how easy something is:
    [IMG]
    Leeroy, Belenos, Regolas and 6 others like this.
  14. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

And helps keep things 'pure" for lack of a better word, for the folks who want the smell the roses type of thing.
  15. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Ok here one suggestion and still keeps the "ideal" of the servers pure. Open up city festivals for the cities that are currently live on the TLE servers. As a perk, give them triple city tokens events to spend on items at these fairs.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. I'm just throwing out ideas to see if we can do something for those who would like the "pure" server, but some extras for being members. I don't mean to belittle the work or time that the devs put in, and yes I do realize it...as you will see by many of my postings in the past. My mistake is in my wording.....need more coffee.

I was of the opinion that if folks want all that stuff they can go back to live. And technically they can and still have guilds that lock progression in the game. But the live servers would still have all the stuff that folks didn't want and don't have on the TLE servers, thus their reason for coming back and subbing for those particular servers.

Things I have noticed on the Stormhold server:

Decorators: Spending a great deal of money on the MP for decorating. I've seen whole houses decorated with MP items.

Advancement potions being sold on the Market Place. I'm sure there are other things. Mounts, Appearance gear?

Now I certainly don't have any issues with DB making money in order to keep my favorite game alive. I, myself, spend money on the MP for mounts and appearance gear on the TLE servers. I won't for decorating...keeping it old school there for the challenge. But I do on the live servers, cause I love supporting my favorite PS artists and fellow gamers.

But we still come back to the fact that they are subscribers, where they would not have been before, thus I feel (personal opinion) that it would be nice to look at some way to show appreciation for that.

Full disclosure: I don't play on those servers very much, because I love all the stuff I can get for crafting and decorating on the live servers and I just missed it too much. But I do still play there from time to time to do the "old school" stuff.

TLDR: I am in no way trying to demean the time, energy and work our devs do, nor do I think it is easy. Trying to see if there is a middle ground for folks who were not subs before but did sub for these servers to get a little something something for coming back and subbing.

Respectfully
    Moon
  17. Gharish Active Member

Thats not a Perk. We pay to have those servers. And those servers are making a bunch of money.
  18. Gharish Active Member

There are many things that could be done to say thank you for those of us paying to have those servers operating and paying pay checks. Moon, thank you for trying. I know your heart and mind are in the right place.
    flameweaver and Moonpanther like this.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I don't get how you (not you OP, general "you") can go to TLE servers and then ask for more things that are on live. I'd think eventually these things will show up, depending on votes and opening up future expansions. Asking for more seems counter to what the play style is on TLE. /shrug

As a quick observation, adding city festivals, events, holidays will start to fragment the population as more people will stop grouping to do solo type activities. Not saying folks shouldn't get this, but again it seems that eventually it will be on TLE, just not 60 days after opening them up (or however long they've been up :p).
    Belenos and Moonpanther like this.
  20. Elinea Well-Known Member

The entire server itself is a perk of having a paid sub. That said, a small exp boost during this time when everyone else is getting some cool perk, would be nice. It doesn't have to be double exp either. Maybe a +50% bonus? Or maybe a bountiful harvest boost or temporary mount speed boost? Something that players would like, but wouldn't upset the balance of the server.