What to Expect on Launch Day!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Feb 12, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

[IMG]
    What to Expect on Launch Day!
    On February 16th, EQII's sixth expansion, Sentinel's Fate will launch the retail headstart! We're all very excited, and hope that you share our enthusiasm. We want to give a brief overview of what to expect on the 16th.
    We'll be bringing the servers down at midnight on February 15th to begin patching to the live servers. Fan Faire attendees will be flagged at this time. (Looks like they already are!!!)
    Starting at 6am PST and running until 8am PST, Zatozia will be running a Ustream event.
    Kiara will be on the Official Forums and in Zam's IRC chat to provide updates until the servers come up.
    We plan to have the servers back up and ready to go by 9am PST.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

So far, so good all!
    It's 6am and I haven't heard that anything has exploded yet.
    All the hamsters have been fed and appear to be in good spirits.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    The US servers should be up and ready to go within the next hour.
    International servers are still transferring data and will be another two to three hours.
    I'll keep everyone posted as I get updates.
    I'm working on the DL Gamer issue and will update the thread in the expansion forum as soon as I have information.
    Steam should be up and ready to go about 8am PST.
  4. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    Steam should be up and ready to go about 10am PST. Their offices opened at 8am PST. The dark elf got a little excited. Sorry about that!
    We're working with DL Gamer and will update you as soon as we have that info.
    We're also working with D2D to find out what's up there for those of you having issues.
    The EU servers are up, and the client patching is on schedule. If this changes, I'll let you know and I'll update as soon as the EU clients are ready to go!
  5. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    Steam is up now :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Update:
    We are extending the ETA for the EU servers to be available to 5pm PST. We are hoping that we can be up sooner than that.
    The information that we are sending to update the client patchers is taking longer than we anticipated that it would. Ordinarily it only takes 3-4 hours and currently we've been updating for about 9 hours.
    We have a high amount of data patching out in three different languages, coupled with a lot of people trying to access the data at the same time.
    It's slowed the process down far more than anticipated.
    We appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.
    We'll continue to update you as we get more information.
  7. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

GOOD NEWS!
    The EU servers will be unlocked shortly. The team pushed the data through a different way to get it patched faster.
    You will all be able to patch and play very soon.
    Thank you for your patience, we appreciate it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

DL Gamer now has the extra keys. They should be mailing them out to everyone who has already ordered from them.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Hello all!
    Several of the EU servers are experiencing issues with the patchers. There are some files that are bouncing because of load and this is returning an error telling you that your version does not match and preventing the patcher from updating.
    The team is currently working on rerouting things to alleviate this problem.
    As soon as I know more, I'll post here to update.
    Thank you for your patience!
  10. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Greetings!
    The team has changed some things around and they appear to have solved the issue with the EU patchers bouncing files.
    You should now be able to patch and enter the game.
    We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience!