What spells to use at level 50?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Grinnel, Sep 15, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Grinnel Guest

I have a level 50 warlock and I have not played the game since I hit 50.With all of the changes what are the right spells and buffs or whatever should i be using?Thanx in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Victicus7 Guest

Depends on what encounters i am fighting.
    Nihilism is very good to put on the tank for extra dps on any encounter.
    For single targets im tending to start with Curse of Nil if i need crystals, otherwise i start with chaotic maestrom -> aura of emptiness -> nil abso or if im low on power i use nil dist -> soul flay -> deter or dark nebula if deter is recharging ... by then you have used all 3 charges of aura of emptiness and have used a significant amount of power so tend not to nuke much more after that if the mob is close to dead. If mob still has a good bit of life left, then i throw an ice flame or dark nebula and that usually finishes it off.
    For group encounters its just all out ae... if i get aggro who the hell cares, the mobs will be dead in 5 secs anyways. I exp with a swash and guardian often, with their avoidance buffs on me I could tank an exp group as good as any tank class, so aggro really isnt a big deal for me.
    Start out with devastation, then start casting nil absoultion right when deva's stun hits them to insure you dont get interrupted cause theres a good chance you will have some aggro. If that doesnt finish them throw a dark nebula for more damage + stun, and if they are still alive and beating on you cast an abysmal fury, since its a faster cast AE theres less chance at being interrupted. Most group encounters wont be alive after that line up.
    Message Edited by Victicus7 on 09-15-2005 10:30 AM