What races does The Jester's Cap offer?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by harebroddi, Feb 11, 2014.

1. harebroddi New Member

My friend has brewed some cups of The Jester's Cap. When she or I drink them we always turn into one of the following:
    • ogre
    • troll
    • ixar
    • dark elf
    • ratonga
    We are drinking in New Hallas. I am a fae (paladin) from Kelethin, she is a good ratonga (fury) from New Hallas.

According to the wiki entry on TJC the drink "Transforms you into a race from the same-aligned city." This is a bit ambiguous, but seems untrue (ogres and trolls wouldn't be from New Hallas).

What is the rule about this drink, it doesn't seem to make sense. (Also, the ratonga is grouped in with 4 evil races - why is that?) Is the list of races TJC turns you into fixed, or can you influence it somehow? (Several attempts at brewing new cups in New Hallas seem to suggest this is all there is. Also tried drinking in a few different cities.)
  2. Rainmare Well-Known Member

it's an old mechanic more then likely, since those were introduced a long time ago when Ratonga were evil only...and I think even before fae were introduced. so I think it auto dumps the 'neutral' races to the evil side.
  3. harebroddi New Member

@Rainmare thanks, that makes sense - we'll report it as a bug and see what happens.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

It isn't a bug.

Jesters cap changes you to Ogre, Troll, Iksar, Dark Elf & Ratonga.

Queen's Masquerade changes you to High Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf, Halfling & Froglok.

Those were evil & good races respectively when the item was made, nothing is bugged. They don't include the newer races of any alignment either.

Note, there is no provisioner illusion item for neutral races so if they 'fixed' this item the ratonga would just be gone from these illusions & I think that would be a shame.