What masters?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-RobAMacAFEQ, Jan 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-RobAMacAFEQ Guest

I was just curious on getting insight into which masters to take when I get the chance to upgrade to 2. I am 19 right now. The first one I took was the AOE one
  2. ARCHIVED-Epictetus Guest

I think it depends on what kind of game you play tbh.

If you solo a lot taking one of the solo target nukes is probably worth it.
    If you group a lot taking one of the group ones is probably worth it.

As each and every spell is upgraded every 13:th level up until you reach lvl 57 the choices are not critical.

Personally started out taking solo nukes when they where available to me and the direct damage encounter one when they wherent. Around lvl 30 i started grouping up a lot more and since then have tried taking group oriented choices. The only thing i have been consistent about is always chosing the heavy hitters (when available) and preferably nukes of some kind.

My thinking concerning that has been that i always use the heavy hitters at least once against every mob. So if i can get a couple of hundred extra damage out of them i can get away with casting fewer spells each fight. I have NOT done any maths so i cant say for sure if this is the way that raises average DPS the most. But it has worked very well for me.

My choices (from memory, but i think it should be correct):

14: Corrosive Bolt
    24: Dark Distortion
    34: Null Absolution

Im currently lvl 40 and have not yet decided on what to choose for lvl 44. Probably the AoE depending on how much use it sees over the next couple of levels.
  3. ARCHIVED-Inebriation Guest

Get your Absolution spells M2'd. Though, I'm thinking in a raid situation the M2 VD would serve me better.
  4. ARCHIVED-EliteHero Guest

I cant rember my lower spell names but i would go with distortion single target very powerfull at low lvl .....And ur strongest group aoe to some times 1 shot crap :).
  5. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Are you asking what M2 choices to take, or what masters to aim for in general?

If you're asking about M2 choices, if I remember correctly, every time you have the option to pick one either your Distortion line or your Absolution line will be one of the options. Up until level 64 I would always pick whichever one of those is offered. At 64, provided you have the plat, look and see what of the options are available as M1. If Void Absolution is cheap, go for another M2 choice and pick up the master. The difference between M1 and M2 isn't that big, but some of the other options can be harder to find.

If you're asking about upgrading masters in general, I wouldn't really worry about masters until you hit late T6 and T7. I also wouldn't worry about adept 3's until T4 and T5 as well. You'll speed through T1-T3 very quickly and it's probably better to save up for later in the game. If you decide to go for them earlier go for your damage spells first. DD or AoE depending on your play style.

On a complete side note though, always keep an eye out for Dark Infestation. It seems to be one of the rarer drops (at least on Kithicor) and several high level warlocks that I know of are looking for it (including myself). I've only seen it twice on Kithicor, once for 80 plat and currently for 210 plat.
  6. ARCHIVED-RobAMacAFEQ Guest

Thank you for all that information Pondering. I am having a blast with my warlock. Its more fun then the wizard I made because I think it takes a bit more strategy to not die since we have the many AoEs. I think I am getting quite good on being able to pull 3-5 things that con even with me and still survive. I think I have my new main
  7. ARCHIVED-Windowlicker Guest

Seconded