What made Luclin go boom?

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Zecht, May 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

There are various dragons in EQlive who talk of how Dozekar is supposedly Kerafyrm's father.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zealbourne Guest

Im sure somewhere in the 40 posts someone said it but ill say it anyways. The long unhatched egg of vox and naggy(a forbidden prismatic made dragon child) was stolen away. I presume thus far that Sol Ro and Rallos's combined union used their knowledge to not only release this powerful baby dragon to set in motion their own devious plots.

The side feature being that with Luclin Nexus permanently gone our ability to travel to The Plane of Knowledge is gone too. And thus access to the Planes of Power is removed. They leave the mortals(now a pain in the side of all the gods) the baby prismatic to eventually deal with. And also now force the hand of the less sincere greater gods council. Luclin very likely exploded, as a way to indicate of the power of the greatest and most feared dragon kind, the prismatics.
  3. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

NocteBlanc wrote:
    proof please.

I remember like 15-20 mobs/npc's talking about this. Three who i clearly remember are anex a drake in skyshrine, Lawyla a wurm in skyshrine, and bezeb another drake in skyshrine who say something like the cursed one in the halls of testing is responsible for our great loss and talk about how he broke a great oath of dragons and how hes punished for his crime. The cursed one is Dozeker the cursed in the halls of testing within the temple of veeshan guarded by several wurms and two great dragons who warded his room so he cant escape something like vox and nagafen.
  4. ARCHIVED-NocteBlanc Guest

Sorry, I wanted proof on the "fact" that Dozekar was a thunder dragon. I should have been more specific. I was already aware of who Kerafrym's father is. The only valid proof is going to be a log of chat or a screenshot, not some foggy memory of what you think was said.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rrael Guest

I've heard it mentioned in a ton of places, i'm fairly certain hes a thunder dragon, but i've never heard mentioned who the female dragon was.
  6. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

NocteBlanc wrote:
    Sorry, I wanted proof on the "fact" that Dozekar was a thunder dragon. I should have been more specific. I was already aware of who Kerafrym's father is. The only valid proof is going to be a log of chat or a screenshot, not some foggy memory of what you think was said.
    [IMG]
    Well im sure no one took screenshots of conversations because no one knew theyd be having a conversation about this in the future. Its pretty obvious Dozeker the cursed is a thunder dragon because he does thunder elemental spells and his breath is thunder. This questtion is just like asking do you ahve any proof nagafen is a fire dragon? or vox is an ice dragon?
  7. ARCHIVED-Funstuff of Doom Guest

Hmm. The Sleeper was killed on more than one server, bro. Terris Thule got the kill as well, just before
    Omens of War went live.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Never heard that one. Maybe it was because the glory was no longer there.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tairbhe9 Guest

Like Cusashorm, I don't have the experience of high-level quests to back me up, but, from reading the posts here, I think I can piece together an acceptable story. Rallos and Solusek try to do their thing with the Drako-whatsis (the nasty destructo-crystal) and have it set in the captured nexus port ready to beam down to Overthere (or more likely GFay, given S-Ro's "love" of elves). Meanwhile, The Sleeper is on Luclin searching for the egg of his imminent competition, but (oops) it hatches, and instead of a helpless egg, he has to face a dragon that is as potentially powerful as he is (although much younger and probably not mature enough to fully actualize his power). The resulting battle between the two dragons, however, is like a gunfight in a refinery (given the presence of the smacky crystal), and all that power flying in all those directions sets it off, smashing the moon, killing (we can only hope) both dragons (and maybe the two psychotic gods--YAY!), and justifying both half-truths in the aforementioned quests.
  10. ARCHIVED-i3ry2k Guest

Solusek and Rallos sent their avatars instead of coming themselves, so we'll probably have to deal with them again eventually :p
  11. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Tairbhe9Like Cusashorm, I don't have the experience of high-level quests to back me up, but, from reading the posts here, I think I can piece together an acceptable story. Rallos and Solusek try to do their thing with the Drako-whatsis (the nasty destructo-crystal) and have it set in the captured nexus port ready to beam down to Overthere (or more likely GFay, given S-Ro's "love" of elves). Meanwhile, The Sleeper is on Luclin searching for the egg of his imminent competition, but (oops) it hatches, and instead of a helpless egg, he has to face a dragon that is as potentially powerful as he is (although much younger and probably not mature enough to fully actualize his power). The resulting battle between the two dragons, however, is like a gunfight in a refinery (given the presence of the smacky crystal), and all that power flying in all those directions sets it off, smashing the moon, killing (we can only hope) both dragons (and maybe the two psychotic gods--YAY!), and justifying both half-truths in the aforementioned quests.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    If a million people say a stupid thing, it isn't any less
    Do you know how small a newly hatched baby dragon is? It takes years and years for a dragon to become fully matured. There is no way that Kerafyrm couldve had trouble fighting that young dragon, that fight would not have taken up much power. Kerafyrm couldve easily killed the young prismatic dragon because kerafyrm has lived for ages and developed more powers then the young dragon and knows much more.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tairbhe9 Guest

Because Kerafyrm is famous for his precision and restraint.
  13. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Tairbhe9 wrote:

Because Kerafyrm is famous for his precision and restraint.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++
    Kerafyrm is not famous for his restraint and precision. Whered you get that idea from? Kerafyrm is not restraint he does what he wants, like he revolted against the claws of veeshan.If kerafyrm was restraint why couldnt kerafyrm have stopped and not have started the war for his rule over all dragons?
    BTW how would Kerafyrm know that Nagafen and Vox had a child? or even have mated?
  14. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic there.

And it seems that dragons can sense these things among thier own kind.

For example in EQlive, whenever Kerafyrm was originally woken up on a server, dragons all across the world knew about it.

In Permafrost, Lady Vox shouts out, 'The Sleeper stirs! Soon a glorious new age will begin and my exile will end!'

Lord Nagafen in Nagafen's Lair should shout out that his plans for revenge on the dragons will finally come true, and that he can be with Lady Vox soon enough.

Phara Dar, Nexona, Silverwing, Xygoz, Druusk, and Hoshkar in Veeshan's Peak all comment on Kerafyrm's Awakening and pray for the safety of Dragon-kind.

Trakanon in Sebilis laughs maniacally and comments that Kerafyrm will finally destroy the other dragons and then the rest of the mortals.

In Skyshrine, All the sentries and drakes go on alarm, shouting that Kerafyrm has been woken up.

Lord Yelinak shouts, 'BEWARE! BEWARE! The Sleeper has been awakened! Flee the Skyshrine immediately, it intends death to all here!'

(Which he does.. Kerafyrm rampages through Skyshrine and kills Yelinak. Ever since Skyshrine was revamped so that the atmosphere of the zone aknowledged his awakening, any server who had not done so yet ended up with the Kerafyrm script being bugged because the 4 Crusaders interfered with the whole thing.)

The dragons in Western Wastes and Temple of Veeshan all comment on protecting the Temple from Kerafyrm as well.

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked. The Dragons can sense when another of thier kind is killed, gives birth, etc etc.
  15. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I'm fairly certain he was being sarcastic there.

And it seems that dragons can sense these things among thier own kind.

For example in EQlive, whenever Kerafyrm was originally woken up on a server, dragons all across the world knew about it.

In Permafrost, Lady Vox shouts out, 'The Sleeper stirs! Soon a glorious new age will begin and my exile will end!'

Lord Nagafen in Nagafen's Lair should shout out that his plans for revenge on the dragons will finally come true, and that he can be with Lady Vox soon enough.

Phara Dar, Nexona, Silverwing, Xygoz, Druusk, and Hoshkar in Veeshan's Peak all comment on Kerafyrm's Awakening and pray for the safety of Dragon-kind.

Trakanon in Sebilis laughs maniacally and comments that Kerafyrm will finally destroy the other dragons and then the rest of the mortals.

In Skyshrine, All the sentries and drakes go on alarm, shouting that Kerafyrm has been woken up.

Lord Yelinak shouts, 'BEWARE! BEWARE! The Sleeper has been awakened! Flee the Skyshrine immediately, it intends death to all here!'

(Which he does.. Kerafyrm rampages through Skyshrine and kills Yelinak. Ever since Skyshrine was revamped so that the atmosphere of the zone aknowledged his awakening, any server who had not done so yet ended up with the Kerafyrm script being bugged because the 4 Crusaders interfered with the whole thing.)

The dragons in Western Wastes and Temple of Veeshan all comment on protecting the Temple from Kerafyrm as well.

Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked. The Dragons can sense when another of thier kind is killed, gives birth, etc etc.
    06-04-200508:25 AM
    True they did know Kerafyrm was awakened again but that was because the wards that sealed his chamber in the sleepers tomb were broken. When putting kerafyrm away The 4 dragon crusaders said that once the 4 dragon warders were dead the seals will break and all will know when it arrives from its long sleep. But those were not the only things the dragons said when the sleeper awoke.
    Harla Dar yells: Protect the breeding grounds.
    Lord Yelinak yells: Commander Leuz send the armies of skyshrine to the temple of veeshan. Then he yells something like crusaders too my room now! and says doom is near or death is near or something.
    Talendar says something really important too but i cant remember.
    But dragons really dont know if one of there kind has died or has hatched etc. They only knew when kerafyrm spawned because like a crusader of veeshan said when it awakens all will know.
    Vulak'Aer also returns back to Norrath from the planes of sky.
    Message Edited by MoD1133 on 06-04-2005 12:39 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Thank you I've been wondering what the other dragons say as well but I can no longer find any information about it after all these years.
  17. ARCHIVED-JoxerNL Guest

what's with all the "egg-hatching" ??
    The sleeper AKA Kerafym = child of nagafen & vox.

When careless players set free Kerafym he flew up into the sky and in doing so flew right through the moon of luclin
    The bit of him flying through was a paragraph i had read somewhere when EQ2 was still in beta..
  18. ARCHIVED-Tairbhe9 Guest

I'm pretty sure Karefyrm's parents weren't Naggy and Vox.
  19. ARCHIVED-Taldor Guest

This has been discussed at length and I think the way the lore shaped up is that Kerafyrm is no way related to Vox and Naggy other then the two dragons were banished so they could not mate and create a brand new baby Kerafyrm... one Prismatic dragon in the world is plenty as far as Dragon society is concerned.
    In fact by some accounts the argument can be made that Kerafyrm was born before either Nagafen or Vox.
  20. ARCHIVED-MoD1133 Guest