What just happened to my account?

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Odo-san, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Odo-san Guest

SOE, hey there I can't get into my players stats anymore? I can't e-mail you? I can't even contact you?
    I have been playing since 1997. So what is the problem. I paid $33 a month to play EQ2. Now I can't access any of your services. You know.. if I can't get a hold of you, then I don't want any of this. I hope this is just a glitch and you will be able to make it all okay.. but if not... I would be deeply discouraged.

Look up: station account: odo
    and tell me what caused all the changes?
  2. ARCHIVED-Grimdeath Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Odo-san Guest

Thanks Grim, I did and it answered my questions. It is kind of scary to wake up one day and you are not permitted to access areas that you paid for in the past. Haha.. Thanks again,
  4. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Subscriptions and billing problems have been present since the game was released, especially with the Advanced Services. Judging from the increase in the number of complaints, either awareness of this is increasing, or the problems have worsened.
    To my knowledge, SoE hasn't really offered an explanation. I have seen some people report that their problem was fixed on a case-by-case basis, but no consistent solution has been given.
  5. ARCHIVED-Odo-san Guest

I'm thinking that SOE is just overwhelmed with subscriptions and only so many people can control accounts... but it is is funny right at New years my account gets messed up.. this is my first time since 1997... so I am so confused. Well, I will wait for a few weeks then check it out.. haha I would hate to Go to WoW because of this small problem. But hey, what about others like me that have this problem... Odo
  6. ARCHIVED-Thmy Guest

Master/card told me yesterday that new security started this year
    and YES they did reject my normal monthly bill from (SOE*SUBSCRIPTIONS)
    Their suggestion was to have people call their card company and pre-approve the monthly charge
    beforethe charge hits and generates a fraud rejection.
    This will save you having your eq2 account closed by Sony.

I hope the card companies and Sony can get things worked out.
    MY suggest would be to allow players to pre pay the month so we had 30 days to get a notice of any billing problems
    as it stands now your account get closed 10 microsec after any billing problem.
    Sony has made it easy to restart a closed account and all expantions and rewards were still there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Thmy Guest

just a follow up
    Our second Account got closed today by Sony will the same card billing problems
    had these account and same credit card for over 4 years.
    Sure would like to know what is going on and how to prevent this.