What is up with this class?

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-Musa, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Musa Guest

Granted I love doing the templar class and never have thoughts of ever leaving it. But there are some messed up things which alot of you know of I think need to be addressed.

1. We are one of the few classes that DONT get to transform into anything at all.
    2. Our bonus-> heavy armor...WOOT we got to pay an arm and a leg for it.
    3. Oh yea /bow this.
    4. Spell Prostrate. Stuns enemies. Does it work on females? And how does it actually stun them? hmmm......*grin*
    5. Detect Evil. WOW now i can see if the Ogre Shadow knight is from freeport. ROCK ON SOE oh and who cares.
    6. Holy Acolyte. Does this summon an alter boy? /flog
    7. The tree stump we got as a quest item. We get to wear heavy armor but get a twig for a weapon? Dev= /lights up crack pipe
    8. Oh did I mention no cool fluff spells like the other classes?
    9. I ran out of stuff to rant about
    10. 98% chance this post will be locked?

Besides that love the class. No issues healing parties and can kill solo yellows all day with no prob. Ah man i shouldnt have said that now its gonna be nerphed.
    Message Edited by Musa on 12-08-2004 08:27 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

And don't forget... our 26 heal is broken.

I kinda agree with you though :(
  3. ARCHIVED-FoxeyeVaeltaja Guest

Agree with most everything EXCEPT...pristine forged carbonite (PFC) chain armor costs as much as my PFC vanguard. While druid/shaman have less of a pressing need to upgrade their armor because they have nice HP...they probably will be shelling out gold anyhow because they want the other stats beside AC on that armor...armor which costs the same as ours.

Or so I've seen so far.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gwynet Guest

Yeah it's a good point, it's about the same cost for all kind of armor I think.
  5. ARCHIVED-LaVelle Guest

WOW! If you hate it so much then why are you playing it? Scrabble is still popular you know.:smileytongue: Nah, just kidding. I am sure sony will improve on things. There are some serious flaws I think with every class.

Vaylon
    and his useless wisp Kibobtik
  6. ARCHIVED-Celestian_GC Guest

Our fluff spells are lame and the stump we get is silly. I seriously think the stump is a graphical "bug" in that someone set it to the wrong graphic. I'd imagine it's suppose to be a mace/hammer from the description of the weapon. I could see it being a druid weapon but... templar?

/bug it and hope. By time they fix it though you will probably have a better weapon =)
  7. ARCHIVED-Musa Guest

Note*

The class itself is very nice, besides its short comings. I can heal just as good as any other healer, my debuffs and vitae's are very useful and having only to use small heal spells to keep them up, i rarely run out of mana. Dang it there i go again. Were gonna get nerphed now.
  8. ARCHIVED-Qaedar22 Guest

4. Spell Prostrate. Stuns enemies. Does it work on females? And how does it actually stun them? hmmm......*grin*

There is a difference between Prostrate and Prostate.
  9. ARCHIVED-rtoub Guest

I have to say I love my templar. I get to fight, heal, nuke and debuff(not in that order of course). I never have to wait to get a group and actually have trouble trying to solo and do turnins because of all the invites and tells. I want to craft some more but I have so much fun adventuring it is hard to turn down good groups.

Most of the problems people are listing are minor but I still gripe about them. They enhance the feel of the game. Go read some of the other forums and you will see for example people are complaining about there other forms. I have to agree it is a pain to fight with a big bear behind in your face inside small hallways. Hopefully sony will pay attention to our comments and complains and in the future we will all be laughing about "Remember when we got that silly twig for becoming a Templar?".

I keep reading "come back when you are X level and see what you think". I get to that level and get another "You are an awesome Healer/Cleric/Templar, want to join our guild?".

So I say, keep griping about things and keep saying how cool we Templar's are. Remember "The squeeky wheel avoids the nerf bat".
  10. ARCHIVED-rtoub Guest

Bah, double post. Now where is the forum forum?
    Message Edited by rtoub on 12-08-2004 12:04 PM
  11. ARCHIVED-Musa Guest

/clap
    well said.
  12. ARCHIVED-Musa Guest

:smileysurprised:
    my short attempts to get a grin, glad u came to make your first post to correct me. :smileytongue:
  13. ARCHIVED-Zabumtik Guest

Couldn't have said it better myself rtoub. I don't care about fluff. Just give me plate armor, a mace and some healing spells and I'm all set. :) And yes, I have to shrug off the guild/group invites as well. Par for th course I assume. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-amie81 Guest

Although I agree that our quest weapon is pretty lame looking, at least its useful! Guardians get that halberd, when they should be using a one hander/shield combo! Besides, go to the Freeport Market and pick up a skullcrusher...got mine for 70s, its a much better weapon than the branch and has a hammer graphic! THen go kill the named gnoll in the first pit in TS and get the Shadow walker shield I think it's called! I also never bought any armor pieces, when I hit 20, I found a group of people and we did all 6 quests together...the only thing I did buy was a nice crafted helmet and some new jewelry. But I have not noticed heavy armor selling for more than light armor, mainly because our armor quests, aside from the SH one SHIVER, are easy! Its the mages that get hosed...they have to do the very light armor quests...which means whoever is helping them most likely wont be on the same quest...for the med/heavy armor, I had a group of 3 guardians, 2 scouts and myself, and we just tore through it! I feel lucky that I don't have to be LFG all the time seeking help for my armor quests!
  15. ARCHIVED-OgreKnight Guest

"7. The tree stump we got as a quest item. We get to wear heavy armor but get a twig for a weapon? Dev= /lights up crack pipe"

I had a good laugh at that one..agreed :)