What is this "thunderdome" that pops up when I leave DMs or enter from a house?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Griffon Lady, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Is Thunderdome the name of a server they keep houses or DMs on? Or some coding name for "exit to your last location"? (Have to admit, it sounds cooler as Thunderdome. XD)

Occasionally when I leave a Dungeon Maker instance, the exit tab of the Housing and Leaderboards window pops up with a button at the bottom left labeled "Thunderdome" with pop up text when I scroll over "Exit to Thunderdome", which takes me to wherever I was when I entered the DM.
    That's happened since I bought DMs (with the pre-ordered expansion... how long ago was that now?).

Today I read a tip on how to connect DMs and houses (by Fyuri . You put a portal to your house in the DM, leave the DM, enter a house normally or through the houseing portal in a guild hall after entering the GH normally [because if you enter from a home you visited through the Hall of Fame it puts you where you were last without giving you the exit window with a list of attached homes) and when you go to leave the home, the DM name is on the list! (<3 So happy about that. As someone who has always had issues crashing, losing connection, or being booted to character select while zoneing, any way to minimise zoneing is a WONDERFUL thing!)

So now I am even more curious; why are my DMs labeled as "In Thunderdome"?
    What is Thunderdome? Anyone know?
  2. Haohmaru Developer

It's a 2 person matchmaking system. The problem is, only 1 person exits successfully.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr, Gninja and suka like this.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you. ^_^
    Why does it pop up when I leave a DM? (It's not a problem, I'm just a curious person. =P)
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

So... Two gnomes enter, one gnome leaves? ;)
    kianne and Griffon Lady like this.
  5. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

o.0 I totally missed the joke earlier. XD I haven't seen that movie in... in so long I feel really old now. :\
    I blame alzheimer's. I'm old and senile...can't remember what I was doing while I'm getting ready to do... whatever it was I was doing... what was I saying?
    but I'm still dying to know what that is in game. =P
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

When I enter the dungeon via the prestige house portal, then leave again via the Thunderdome link, oftentimes it puts me in my home city, Neriak, instead of the last location I zoned in from. I am thinking this is because I usually enter my prestige house from my housing portal in my guild hall, then enter the dungeon. I would prefer it drop me in Gorowyn outside my guild hall rather than Neriak, but it's not that big an issue since I do have a guild hall door in my Neriak house, should my call to guild still be in cool down, which is rarely the case.

It would be more irksome to me if it were to drop one of my alts into the newbie zones of Greater Faydark or Frostfang Sea or even Timorous Deep, which I have heard some people say happens to them. Wondering if that's not why they added the new bells in these newbie zones (well, Greater Faydark and Frostfang Sea, though not sure if there is one in Timorous Deep newbie zone).

I don't quite understand the Thunderdome thing either, but I removed my prestige house portal from my dungeon because of the decorating issues I was having while decorating in house mode.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

you can go to your guild hall by opening a housing window in any city. just go to your character window, hit housing, click on any house, and you will see the guild hall listed.

thunderdome is just the exit from the dungeon. where it lands you depends on where you went in or where you were last in the world at. rather than saying each time where you will exit to, they just put thunderdome. it can be a little confusing but you are considered exiting from an adventure instance rather than a house so they made it act a bit differently since at the time you got xp and tokens. some things linger long after the fun stuff has left us - reminding us sadly of how it used to be.
    Griffon Lady, chattie and Merriel like this.
  8. Ixian Active Member

Thunderdome is basically a dev debug zone.
    Feldon and Griffon Lady like this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

when I played Landmark I ended up there often, it would even show you being there when you logged of .
    Its a nice place , so peaceful , so quiet and nothing to look at but , but, but , am nothing really
    I been told back than the devs use it to test things before we get to test them.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

These our witness, Aunty. Us suffer bad. Want justice. We want Thunderdome!
    kianne, suka, Ocarinah and 3 others like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe I'm getting too old. I don't understand the analogy you were trying to make here, lol.
    Ocarinah likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol yea you devs can go in and out of there at will and bring a baggie of decorations with you to make it more like home
    A cozy place to do some pvp when that's not possible anywhere else.
    ( " take this office boss ")
    Merriel likes this.
  13. Squeecha Senior Guide

So we takes ttobey there and debug him?
    Merriel, suka and Prissetta like this.
  14. Ixian Active Member

Unfortunately his bugs are unfixable unless he makes a red panda mount.
    Merriel and Feldon like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

My bugs are fine thank you.
    Merriel, Feldon and suka like this.
  16. Squeecha Senior Guide

Darns.. and here I had images of "It puts the debugger on it's code or it gets the hose"
    Merriel, Luciar and Avahlynn like this.
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

You know the law: Two men enter, one man leaves!

Don't worry it's just a quote from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome :)

Ttobey is my hero for his thunderdome quote!
  18. suka Well-Known Member

all i can say is "devs - please, please please make dungeonmaker useful again. nerf the xp - i don't care - but give us tokens for finishing the zone depending on the hardness of it- which still shows - but please put in some rewards. - of course a drop chest we could buy to put nice drops throughout the zone or a treasure chest at the end of the zone that would be level specific would be awesome too."

and it would give us something new to spend those tokens on
    Merriel likes this.
  19. Aivet Well-Known Member

Two men on bunny mounts enter, one man on twenty-three bunny mounts leaves.
    Merriel likes this.
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

But they have tentacles... are bugs supposed to have tentacles? o.0
    Merriel and Prissetta like this.